Elemis Dispensers in Shower and Bath-I'm a convert!

BoiseIdahoSpud

We thought the dispensers were fine but I still like soap for the shower more than liquid bath gel. The dispensers for shampoo, great. DH requested and received a bar of bath soap.
I didn't think to ask for a bar of soap so I used the tiny hand soap bar in the bathtub. I figured that if they had bar soap, they would have provided it. I also noticed that the dispensers were way too high if someone was actually using the tub; they'd have to stand up every time they wanted to use a dispenser. Also, after finding a huge BM in my toilet one night (without TP) after coming back to my cabin one night after dinner, and after my cabin had been made up for the night, I wanted as little to do with my steward as possible.

I didn't think to ask for a bar of soap so I used the tiny hand soap bar in the bathtub. I figured that if they had bar soap, they would have provided it. I also noticed that the dispensers were way too high if someone was actually using the tub; they'd have to stand up every time they wanted to use a dispenser. Also, after finding a huge BM in my toilet one night (without TP) after coming back to my cabin one night after dinner, and after my cabin had been made up for the night, I wanted as little to do with my steward as possible.

OMG!! All I can say is Holy Crap! :eek::eek:

On Westerdam last week we had the lovely dispensers in our suite. When I first heard about them I wasn't sure how I felt about it, but I loved them. No more fumbling with the little bottles and lids. I do, however, agree about the placement. In the tub I feel they would be better placed near the back of the tub rather than the front. This would solve both the issue of location of them for people taking a bath as well as getting the liquids watered down by the shower when you are dispensing them into your hand (as I always now had to finagle the shower in a different direction when I dispensed them).

I just wish they would have some kind of dispenser for handsoap by the sinks. We were provided with the small little rounds of handsoap, however I always feel that bars of soap sitting around are just breeding grounds for germs, so having a dispenser with liquid soap would be a bit more for sanitary for me.

that is really gross!!

We found that the bath wash was too severe for our five-year-old, but the shampoo did fine as a body wash for him...tearless. The dispensers worked fine for those standing up but wouldn't be very useful for a bather.

Just a suggestion - if you chose to bathe in a tub, why not pack a small, empty plastic bottle and fill it from the dispenser BEFORE you take your bath. That way it is always next to you.

As for the person afraid a small bar of hand soap being a breeding ground for germs...how could that be? Soap kills germs. Just make sure you use hot water when you pick it up and reuse it.

<snip>

As for the person afraid a small bar of hand soap being a breeding ground for germs...how could that be? Soap kills germs. Just make sure you use hot water when you pick it up and reuse it.

I was thinking the same thing.....

We use soap to kill germs. Why would a bar of soap breed germs?

I was thinking the same thing.....

We use soap to kill germs. Why would a bar of soap breed germs?

Because it is an open bar of soap sitting there gathering whatever is floating in the air. You sneeze in the bathroom...some people stand up to "pee" in the bathroom...not to mention whatever else...all of which there are elements floating in the air landing on the open bar of soap from it. The liquid soap is in a closed container.

Would you eat food from an open container that was sitting in the bathroom all week or even a day? You use this soap to wash your hands that may touch the food that you eat.

I'm not trying to argue about it...just mentioning it as my opinion of why I prefer not to use bar soap...but to each their own.

:) :)

We too saw these on our Nieuw Amsterdam cruise last November and came home to find a similar product. I even checked with Elemis but they do not sell them to the public so we went to BB and Beyond and purchased a SuperHuman brand of three. We put our favorite Shampoo, Conditioner, and Body Wash in them and love it!

Archived