Elemis Dispensers in Shower and Bath-I'm a convert!

BoiseIdahoSpud

It's too bad they don't have larger bottles of lotion. I have dry skin and go through a lot of lotion, and would appreciate having a large container rather than a bunch of little ones. I usually bring a big one with me that I purchase in port prior to boarding.

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

When we were on the NA we had all the little bottles and the two different soaps by the sink and the soaps were also by the tub and the separate shower. Probably one of the reasons we liked the new system :D

dh doesn't like bath gel either - he far prefers soap:):)

when we were on the nieuw amsterdam in november/december -- all we had on the sink was 1 white round soap and 1 bottle of lotion

thankfully since we don't like the elemis products -- we had our own soap

It's too bad they don't have larger bottles of lotion. I have dry skin and go through a lot of lotion, and would appreciate having a large container rather than a bunch of little ones. I usually bring a big one with me that I purchase in port prior to boarding.

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

i also have dry skin and have found that the elemis lotion doesn't help it at all

i bring my own lotion

when we were on the nieuw amsterdam in november/december -- all we had on the sink was 1 white round soap and 1 bottle of lotion

thankfully since we don't like the elemis products -- we had our own soap

that is strange KK as we both book the same category. Perhaps they have eliminated some of it:confused: We had both bars of soap when we cruised - on the sink and at the tub

You sailed just a couple of weeks after us, too

Yes, Veranda cabin on the Zuiderdam in March had the bottles.

DH asked for a bar of soap and they promptly brought another hand soap....not a big bar.

we used to get these soaps:

For the Face: Citrus Soap Slice - pure Glycerin soap is lightly infused with the aroma of Grapefruit, Basil, Clove and Lime.

For the Body: pure zest cleansing soap - infused with nature's own Lime, Clove Leaf, Lavender and Rosemary Extracts in Palm Oil. - this is the only one we got on our lasts cruises

hal doesn't have large bars of soap

On our NA cruise a few weeks ago we did not have a Suite but had one of each of the two soaps at the sink. I never did open up the larger round white soap because I prefer the citress glycerin one for the hand soap and we like the shower gel.

On the Rotterdam last this month the conditioner in the dispenser has been thinned out and there is no problem getting it out of the dispenser.

My DH doesn't like the bath gel and requested regular bar soap; they did not have any. We had to go out any buy soap when we reached Hawaii. Not a problem but they should have bar soap available.

Kakalina,

That is what I suspected would happen. The ships that still have a supply will give soap upon request. When they run out, I think there will no longer be any new deliveries.

I use either bar soap in the shower or an exfolilator. I don't care for the bath gel to use as soap. If I take a soak in the tub, I use some of that gel as 'bubble bath' but still want bar of soap for washing.

:( Bars of soap are heavy.... more weight we have to include in our suitcases if they no longer provide a bar of soap for our use.

On the Rotterdam last this month the conditioner in the dispenser has been thinned out and there is no problem getting it out of the dispenser.

My DH doesn't like the bath gel and requested regular bar soap; they did not have any. We had to go out any buy soap when we reached Hawaii. Not a problem but they should have bar soap available.

Thanks - this is good to know. I was debating packing a bar of soap as we will be 4 days pre cruise in Rome - so it looks like it will have to go in for sure now :)

On our NA cruise a few weeks ago we did not have a Suite but had one of each of the two soaps at the sink. I never did open up the larger round white soap because I prefer the citress glycerin one for the hand soap and we like the shower gel.

things never seem to be consistant from one cruise to another -- even on the same ship

Kakalina,

That is what I suspected would happen. The ships that still have a supply will give soap upon request. When they run out, I think there will no longer be any new deliveries.

I use either bar soap in the shower or an exfolilator. I don't care for the bath gel to use as soap. If I take a soak in the tub, I use some of that gel as 'bubble bath' but still want bar of soap for washing.

:( Bars of soap are heavy.... more weight we have to include in our suitcases if they no longer provide a bar of soap for our use.

thankfully we do carry our own bars of soap

but -- as kakalina pointed out -- none on their ship

so what does hal expect you to use at the sink when you want to wash your and/or face?

Thanks - this is good to know. I was debating packing a bar of soap as we will be 4 days pre cruise in Rome - so it looks like it will have to go in for sure now :)

If you like to use a washcloth, just a note to say many hotels in Rome do not supply them. I used to go to a K Mart type store and buy some inexpensive ones. We'd use them while in whatever hotel and leave them behind when we moved on to our next city. (We always stay in very decent hotels so it isn't just low market hotels that omit them.)

If you like to use a washcloth, just a note to say many hotels in Rome do not supply them. I used to go to a K Mart type store and buy some inexpensive ones. We'd use them while in whatever hotel and leave them behind when we moved on to our next city. (We always stay in very decent hotels so it isn't just low market hotels that omit them.)

Thanks KK, we learned that one the hard way. We have it on on our packing list - one more thing we can leave behind as far as I am concerned.

I can fake it but dh can't.

Originally Posted by sail7seas

Thanks KK, we learned that one the hard way. We have it on on our packing list - one more thing we can leave behind as far as I am concerned.

I can fake it but dh can't.

:o I think you may have a 'mental block' against me. :eek:

That is two times in two weeks you've called me KK. :D

Of course, there are worse things you could call me but it isn't my name. ;)

I have no idea how DW feels about the new dispensers or their contents but after using them last month on the Noordam here’s my take: I can hang a pair of swim fins and face mask on that dispenser, rinse the salt and sand off and let them hang there to dry. I think those new things are just fabulous! ;)

Bruce

I'm new to HAL and am cruising in August - what do HAL supply in a suite? Will save bringing so much with me on the plane if I know. I gather they supply soap, shampoo and conditioner, a hairdrier and bathrobe. Anything els? (Though can't think what!)

In a Deluxe Veranda Suite, HAL will provide a large umbrella, binoculars, body lotion, bath gel, shampoo, conditioner, shower cap, one complimentary bottle of water for your use. As you've read, some suites still have bars of both glycerin face/hand soap as well as bath soap provided. On our recent Noordam cruise, we requested and received bar bath soap but no face soap. I have no way to know for sure but I suspect when current supplies are depleted, they will no longer supply bars of soap. There will be a robe for each person and a hand held hair dryer.

I have no idea how DW feels about the new dispensers or their contents but after using them last month on the Noordam here’s my take: I can hang a pair of swim fins and face mask on that dispenser, rinse the salt and sand off and let them hang there to dry. I think those new things are just fabulous! ;)

Bruce

the dispensers are only 'cemented' to wall

aren't you afraid that the weight of your swim fins will pull the dispensers off the wall?

I'm new to HAL and am cruising in August - what do HAL supply in a suite? Will save bringing so much with me on the plane if I know. I gather they supply soap, shampoo and conditioner, a hairdrier and bathrobe. Anything els? (Though can't think what!)

what type of a suite are you in?

the amenities differ by category

all cabins will have robes, dispensers for shampoo, conditioner and shower gel -- maybe a bar of soap -- a shower cap and a hair dryer

0911.JPG

the ps, sa, sb and sc deluxe verandah cabins have binoculars and an umbrella -- we have not always gotten the bottle of 'vass' water

Archived