Elemis Dispensers in Shower and Bath-I'm a convert!

BoiseIdahoSpud

Mea culpa...

I didn't think I would like them. I thought they would be a step down in class. I bemoaned the loss of the little bottles.

But I was wrong! I actually really prefer the dispensers to the little bottles! They are nicely designed and much more convenient. I'm a 100% convert.

Our suite had a dispenser rack in tue tub and in the shower.

yes sirreee and we had the little bottles by the sink.

I did find it much easier than struggling and spilling the little bottles.

Plus you can never get the last little bit out.

dh found it much better in the shower.

We liked it too :D change is always scary - and then, sometimes it is good :D

yes sirreee and we had the little bottles by the sink.

I did find it much easier than struggling and spilling the little bottles.

Plus you can never get the last little bit out.

dh found it much better in the shower.

We liked it too :D change is always scary - and then, sometimes it is good :D

the only little bottle that we had on the sink was the lotion bottle

the only little bottle that we had on the sink was the lotion bottle

Sounds like a great idea. The little bottles slip & slide in the shower and are a mess.

Does anyone know if the new dispensers are on the Zuiderdam? We will be on the 4/22 sailing in a SA cabin.

Thanks 

We thought the dispensers were fine but I still like soap for the shower more than liquid bath gel. The dispensers for shampoo, great. DH requested and received a bar of bath soap.

We thought the dispensers were fine but I still like soap for the shower more than liquid bath gel. The dispensers for shampoo, great. DH requested and received a bar of bath soap.

We did have bars of soap in the suite and a couple to spare in one of the vanity cabinets. I agree, bar soap is a must.

Hello there,

We're getting excited about our cruise in just three weeks! I have very thick hair and use a heavy conditioner. What is the conditioner like on the ships? I'm wondering if I should bring my own. Thanks.

I used the conditioner but also brought my own leave in conditioner.

Agree, I too ask for and received a " bar ' of soap ............hope they will honor this request in futuro ...........

I don't know either way but if I had to 'guess', I suspect the bars of soap will slowly disappear. I have no real knowledge about that.

We never did get a bar of the glycerin face soap; only bath soap.

Perhaps I'm the only person in the world who still prefers baths. I enjoy having a bathtub on a HAL ship and I would like to be able to wash in a bath using the "shower" gel.

On the Noordam last month, it was much less than relaxing to have to climb up to soap up my bath puff. It felt like an accident waiting to happen in high seas or for someone unsteady on their pins. As suggested on my comment card, I'd be much more of a convert if they were to install a dispenser at bath level.

What is the conditioner like on the ships?

I like it, but find it very thick. I give the little bottle a good shake, then leave it tipped upside down, so it stays near the opening. Sometimes I have had to give the bottle a squeeze, and have added water to thin it. I use about one small conditioner bottle for every three small shampoo bottles.

I haven't been in a cabin with the new, larger dispensers yet. I don't know how that's going to work getting the thick conditioner out?

When we were on the NA we had all the little bottles and the two different soaps by the sink and the soaps were also by the tub and the separate shower. Probably one of the reasons we liked the new system :D

dh doesn't like bath gel either - he far prefers soap:):)

I love those new dispensers, they were perfect. I would have loved to bring it home ;)

Now if they would just add the dispenser next to the sinks that have the Elemis Wild lavender liquid soap that NCL has and that can often be found in the bathrooms in the Green House Spa on the HAL ships. The first time I ever encountered them was in the spa on HAL and I asked about it, it was several years ago. Then the two cruises we did on NCL they have it in a dispenser in their bathrooms. AHHHHH I absolutely love this stuff.

00870_lg.jpg

Hello there,

We're getting excited about our cruise in just three weeks! I have very thick hair and use a heavy conditioner. What is the conditioner like on the ships? I'm wondering if I should bring my own. Thanks.

The conditioner did not get tangles out of my hair. I loved the smell of it, but was glad I had brought my own.

Perhaps I'm the only person in the world who still prefers baths. I enjoy having a bathtub on a HAL ship and I would like to be able to wash in a bath using the "shower" gel.

On the Noordam last month, it was much less than relaxing to have to climb up to soap up my bath puff. It felt like an accident waiting to happen in high seas or for someone unsteady on their pins. As suggested on my comment card, I'd be much more of a convert if they were to install a dispenser at bath level.

You're not alone! My sentiments exactly. Wish I'd thought to add it to my comment card also!

We were recently on the Maasdam. I was surprised to not find dispensers. Based on previous cruises on other ships, I was expecting them. Will they be added to the Maasdam while it is in drydock?

I was told the dispensers are being added with the rehab of all the cabin bathrooms during the current drydock.

Sounds like a great idea. The little bottles slip & slide in the shower and are a mess.

Does anyone know if the new dispensers are on the Zuiderdam? We will be on the 4/22 sailing in a SA cabin.

Thanks 

Yes, the Zuiderdam does have the new dispensers, at least the SA suites did. We received a notice on our 1/22/11 cruise that the new dispensers would be installed the next day (cemented), and it would take another day for it to cure. The following day, they were filled. There was one in the shower and another dispenser by the bathtub.

Yes, the Zuiderdam does have the new dispensers, at least the SA suites did. We received a notice that the new dispensers would be installed the next day (cemented), and it would take another day for it to cure. The following day, they were filled. There was one in the shower and another dispenser by the bathtub.

Were you asked to not use the shower for the day while the cement cured? :eek:

Thanks 

Yes, Veranda cabin on the Zuiderdam in March had the bottles.

DH asked for a bar of soap and they promptly brought another hand soap....not a big bar.

Archived