Photo of White Linen balcony dining on SC suite 4th deck?

Sailkeywest

Hi there, I have been searching for a photo that I thought I had marked in my bookmarks, but seem to have lost. It is a photo of a couple having white linen room service with wine glasses set up on their 4th deck SC suite balcony with amazing views.

Does anyone else seem to remember this photo or possibly have a link of it? Sorry to take up forum space with such a silly question, but I really loved that photo :)

Oops, I remember now, it was DuckDuckCruise's blog and not the 4th deck at all! Here is the link if anyone was interested:

http://thegeomonkeys.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/dscn0739.jpg

I think that maybe I daydream too much about these balconies and room service, I seem to be meshing them all together!

Oops, I remember now, it was DuckDuckCruise's blog and not the 4th deck at all! Here is the link if anyone was interested:

http://thegeomonkeys.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/dscn0739.jpg

I think that maybe I daydream too much about these balconies and room service, I seem to be meshing them all together!

this picture reminds me of high tea

yes -- it was from joanie:

I've posted my photos, just have to finish the review here and on the web site, but in the meantime take a look at some of the photos from our course by Course dining on the verandah:http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HA...am/Deck-6.html

sm-6177_Joanie-Course-by-Course-Dining-8.jpg

I have to wait till hubby gets home this Friday to get his photos for each course.

Joanie

i read a lot of reviews -- but i don't remember seeing a picture with dinner servered out on the verandah - with or without the table cloth

i tried to do a search -- came up with nothing

It looks like this is breakfast ? perhaps they moved the things out after it was delivered?

Do be aware that the photo of the large wraparound balcony could be misleading if you are considering the Eurodam or other ships of its class. The aft suite balconies on the Eurodam are much more narrow. They still wrap around but they do not have the depth that you see in the sunset photo.

Just this week, I changed from an SC aft to an SA across from the Neptune Lounge on the Eurodam. The cabin is about 20 square feet bigger but the balcony is smaller overall than the large (but narrow) aft wraparound. I usually choose an aft cabin to enjoy the peaceful wake so I hope this change will be OK. We'll see.....

Do be aware that the photo of the large wraparound balcony could be misleading if you are considering the Eurodam or other ships of its class. The aft suite balconies on the Eurodam are much more narrow. They still wrap around but they do not have the depth that you see in the sunset photo.

Just this week, I changed from an SC aft to an SA across from the Neptune Lounge on the Eurodam. The cabin is about 20 square feet bigger but the balcony is smaller overall than the large (but narrow) aft wraparound. I usually choose an aft cabin to enjoy the peaceful wake so I hope this change will be OK. We'll see.....

i have visited the aft wrap around cabins -- jmo -- but we don't care for them

still prefer our sa across from the neptune lunge

It looks like this is breakfast ? perhaps they moved the things out after it was delivered?

i have never table clothes used for breakfast out on the verandah -- also look carefully -- those are not breakfast rolls

here are more pictures that joanie posted:

Below are photos of Yvonne, the In Dining Room Supervisor, and Agun, our In Dining Room Steward, setting up our Verandah table to provide us with a Course by Course Dining experience that is to die for!! The meal is ordered a few hours ahead of time and is for Deluxe Verandah Suite and Penthouse Verandah Suites only (at this time) It is a free Service and the Steward stays with you throughout the entire service, literally waiting on you hand and foot. A normal 2-3 hour Pinnacle Grill dinner took less than 45 minutes from start to finish. One of the most memorable experiences we have ever enjoyed!! And of course we tipped him very handsomely for his wonderful service:)

[

sm-6177_Joanie-Course-by-Course-Dining-1.jpg--sm-6177_Joanie-Course-by-Course-Dining-2.jpg

[

sm-6177_Joanie-Course-by-Course-Dining-3.jpg--sm-6177_Joanie-Course-by-Course-Dining-4.jpg

We like to have room service dinner once or twice on a cruise and enjoy eating on the verandah for all rs meals. But I don't think we would ever want course-by-course service with the steward serving each course. We would feel rushed and would much rather take it leisurely and slow, without someone hovering and waiting.

We have been guests in the Penthouse for a sit-down dinner which was served by the steward, but that was a party and different than being alone on our own suite balcony, in jammies, relaxing and taking all the time we wish for dinner on the verandah by ourselves. Just our preference.

We enjoy dinner on the aft wrap arounds. These pictures are from parts of the meal on different cruises. We've never had the meal served course by course, rather room service has brought it all at once and we've just brought out the courses as we're ready for them. Just click the pictures to enlarge them.

2144035601_Thesoupcourse.jpg.e726100a3228e190175ea5d3fea6ce83.jpg

1709689489_BakedBrie.jpg.1e6ab46a9d8c31dd0fb38f4b9ae59251.jpg

Entree.jpg.85a6e261330245f912f66193313a2d26.jpg

We enjoy dinner on the aft wrap arounds. These pictures are from parts of the meal on different cruises. We've never had the meal served course by course, rather room service has brought it all at once and we've just brought out the courses as we're ready for them. Just click the pictures to enlarge them.

how well were the items kept warm?

Thanks for the memories :):):) This is how we like to enjoy meals on our balcony... however I did have a wine steward who was really cute.;)

Thanks everyone for finding the photos and posting them! KK, those photos of the room stewards setting everything up looks really luxurious *dreamily sighs*

And Travelmatron, the food looks so yummy! Kudos for taking the time to take photos of the dinner that so many of us dream about :D

Thanks everyone for finding the photos and posting them! KK, those photos of the room stewards setting everything up looks really luxurious *dreamily sighs*

And Travelmatron, the food looks so yummy! Kudos for taking the time to take photos of the dinner that so many of us dream about :D

It was a wonderful experience. Yvonne was the Supervisor making sure everything was set properly in the right place:) Agun was an AWESOME Butler that night and while I told himm he did not have to stay there beside us (I felt guilty) he asked if we minded as he was really enjoying the fresh air and the beautiful view:)

Like I said, he earned that tip:)

Yonnie, thanks for posting them for me:)

I will post photos of the food tomorrow on the web site.

BTW, we WILL be doing this at least once every cruise now:)

Joanie

It was a wonderful experience. Yvonne was the Supervisor making sure everything was set properly in the right place:) Agun was an AWESOME Butler that night and while I told himm he did not have to stay there beside us (I felt guilty) he asked if we minded as he was really enjoying the fresh air and the beautiful view:)

Like I said, he earned that tip:)

Yonnie, thanks for posting them for me:)

I will post photos of the food tomorrow on the web site.

BTW, we WILL be doing this at least once every cruise now:)

Joanie

That was a really nice sentiment from the steward, sounds like a nice guy :)

And I can't wait to see the photos!

My husband & I are traveling with friends: another couple--who are in a verandah suite. We are staying in a Deluxe Verandah suite which as I understand it, "entitles" us to the in suite course-by-course dinner.

My question: Can we include our friends in the course-by-course dinner in our Deluxe Verandah Suite?

Does this even make sense for an Alaska cruise (too cold?).

Thanks in advance for any advice.

My husband & I are traveling with friends: another couple--who are in a verandah suite. We are staying in a Deluxe Verandah suite which as I understand it, "entitles" us to the in suite course-by-course dinner.

My question: Can we include our friends in the course-by-course dinner in our Deluxe Verandah Suite?

Does this even make sense for an Alaska cruise (too cold?).

Thanks in advance for any advice.

We are doing it on our Alaska cruise in September, hot or cold I will be doing the Course by Course dining again on my verandah:)

And yes, I did ask if we wanted to could we include others staying in a non Suite and the answert was yes.

Joanie

how well were the items kept warm?

When we ordered dinner from a specialty restaurant in our suite on another line, it was all delivered at once on a rolling cart. However, we didn't have any problem with temperature as all plates had the metal warming covers over them, which seemed to keep the temperature at an appropriate level for the length of the meal.

Archived