Queen Elizabeth Verandah Restaurant Menu?

Bollinge

Dinner:

http://beyondships.com/files/QE_verandah_dinner.PDF

Lunch:

http://beyondships.com/files/QE_verandah_lunch.PDF

I can not (unfortunately) vouch for the accuracy, but they certainly look amazing.

We had dinner in the Verandah during our recent cruise around the Far East. I honestly think that that the choice of menu and quality of food was as good as, or even better in the Brittania. We also found that it lacked a bit of atmosphere due to the fact that it was very quiet. Just two more couples of two, plus three crew members. Service, as you can imagine, was faultless. Maybe if the place was busier it might have felt better.

We had dinner at "The Verandah" and tried the sampler menu at $35 a head. It was fantastic. What an experience. We had so many courses we left some on our plates. The way they presented the courses and served us was wonderful.

It was great for an evening but not for every night.

We had dinner at "The Verandah" and tried the sampler menu at $35 a head. It was fantastic. What an experience. We had so many courses we left some on our plates. The way they presented the courses and served us was wonderful.

It was great for an evening but not for every night.

too expensive for a cruise:eek:

You must own stock in the Veranda Grill:eek::eek::eek:
And why would you, the fount of all that is reasonable, honest and fair, resort to personal attacks? And yes, I do own stock in Carnival Plc - a nice little earner it is too!

too expensive for a cruise:eek:

Too expensive? I disagree..the food certainly sounds good and priced affordably. The only deterent to the Verandah concept is that there is no verendah to speak of. And the booth style seating is incredibly boring and certainly not what I expected. The design could have been much stronger, butt he food does look very good and priced nicely.

I did have lunch and dinner in the "VERANDAH" during my segment of QE's world cruise. The food was superb :) the menu posted is accurate with the photos I took aboard ship. Yes, I do that sort of thing... :D The atmosphere was plesant at lunch and as already noted a bit quiet for dinner due to the lack of other patrons. There are tables for those who don't wish booths. Basically well worth the experience, wonderful service, lovely decor and a nice wine list with some exclusives :cool: to top it all off.

There was more to the menu than the one listed here. Probably the one we chose. It was a wonderful dinner and I would do it again. In fact we plan to try Queen Victoria's equal, when we cruise next year. I cant wait.:)

Thanks, Jonathan

Hello Jonathan,

Hello to you and your lovely wife. Hope you enjoyed the Royal Wedding.

Saw they enjoyed it on the QM2.

Any cruises pending?

We one day hope to try the QE and try the interesting meals onboard.

Nothing in our future at this time for us.

Will send you an email.

Happy Sailing....

Hello Jonathan,

Hello to you and your lovely wife. Hope you enjoyed the Royal Wedding.

Saw they enjoyed it on the QM2.

Any cruises pending?

We one day hope to try the QE and try the interesting meals onboard.

Nothing in our future at this time for us.

Will send you an email.

Happy Sailing....

Hi BklynBoy8,

Hello to Bev and your family. Elene and I will be sailing the Queen Elizabeth for a five day voyage following our visit to London in August. Hope to cruise with you again soon.

Jonathan

We have just returned from our 5 day trip on Queen Elizabeth and decided to have dinner in the Verandah Restaurant on the last evening of the voyage.

The food was amazing, we had the $35 menu and really enjoyed all the dishes. Infact we could not eat the dessert or cheese board, just too full. Next time I would have less courses, would have liked to try the desserts.

The service and setting was first class, loved the way each dish was served. This included a waiter for each of us serving our food at the same time and describing what was served. Never tasted food like it, this was money well spent.

Enjoyed the experience and was a lovely way to spend our last night on board. We were not alone as the restaurant was busy.

I am going to post a review of our experience on Queen Elizabeth in the morning.

Catherine

Archived