Vegetarian in a speciality Restaurant

User Error

Am looking forward to trying both Sabbatinis and The Crown Grill in a few weeks time but DW is a vegetarian.

Sounds stupid I dare say but will she get anything to eat at these places too- she eats some fish dishes (Hates Salmon though!!!!) or is it a waste of time and money her going to these dining rooms?

Am looking forward to trying both Sabbatinis and The Crown Grill in a few weeks time but DW is a vegetarian.

Sounds stupid I dare say but will she get anything to eat at these places too- she eats some fish dishes (Hates Salmon though!!!!) or is it a waste of time and money her going to these dining rooms?

Tell them in advance and they will come up with a menu she'll like.

While not a vegetarian myself, there is always at least one dish on the menu that is vegetarian, plus I believe there might even be a seperate vegeterian menu. On a few nights of our cruise, I will often just order the various sides (potatoes, vegetables) that accompany the many other entrees to create my own vegetarian meal. They are very accommodating.

She won't have a bit of trouble! We sailed recently with my daughter's BF who is pescatarian and loved every meal he had, in the MDR as well as Sabatini's and Crown Grill. A lot of seafood options as well as at least one Vegetarian meal as the previous poster mentioned.

Tell them in advance and they will come up with a menu she'll like.

Agree fully.

Go to the restaurant the evening before and speak with the headwaiter.

As a pescatarian, your wife will have no problem having a great meal that does not include salmon..

You just described me! (well i eat chicken and turkey too) Sabitinis has the best ravioli! They also have lobster tail and shrimp. Anything she doesnt want to eat there she will just say no thank you when they try to put it on her plate.

The Crown Grill also has amazing shrimp and seafood. There is plenty for a vegetarian to eat!

Enjoy :)

You just described me! (well i eat chicken and turkey too) Sabitinis has the best ravioli! They also have lobster tail and shrimp. Anything she doesnt want to eat there she will just say no thank you when they try to put it on her plate.

The Crown Grill also has amazing shrimp and seafood. There is plenty for a vegetarian to eat!

Enjoy :)

Not to be picky, but a "Vegetarian" does not eat any meat including seafood. The only vegetarian items on the Crown Grill menu are the Black and Blue Onion Soup, two salads and the vegetable side dishes. I wonder if with advanced notice they will prepare a vegetarian entree?

Not to be picky, but a "Vegetarian" does not eat any meat including seafood. The only vegetarian items on the Crown Grill menu are the Black and Blue Onion Soup, two salads and the vegetable side dishes. I wonder if with advanced notice they will prepare a vegetarian entree?

According to the OP his wife eats fish- so I gave him suggestions based on that information

And I would bet the black and blue soup has a beef base, so I stay away from that :)

I'm a vegetarian and I often eat in specialty restaurants with my non-vegetarian wife. There is very little, if anything, available on the provided menu (steakhouse restaurants are, of course, the most difficult). Depending on the ship, you may be offered nothing, an opportunity to request the main dining room menu, or something specially prepared for you. When you book the restaurant talk to them about your situation. Their ability/willingness to help you definitely varies.

It would be nice to have some vegetarian options (besides the dreaded vegetable plate!) on the specialty restaurant menus. I'm sure I'm not the only one with a non-vegetarian/vegetarian family. My wife loves steak, and loves the specialty restaurant experience, but it is difficult for me.

-Steve

Archived