My First Cruise in 8 (yes, count 'em - 8) Years!!

Hi, everyone.

I just had to share my excitement because we have just booked our first cruise since PKD (pre-kids days), on Enchantment of the Seas, in August!!

My last cruise was on the Voyager in 2002, when I was pregnant with ds, soon to be 8. I've been having severe withdrawal ever since...

Now, finally, the stars (and finances) have aligned, and we will be taking our first family cruise. My boys are 6 and 8, and I know they will be in awe of the ship, and thrilled to be in Adventure Ocean.

I know some things have changed, but I am already so excited. Have to contain myself until 8/25!!

Christine

Congrats!

I have kids (9yr old Boy & 6yr old girl)

They would be MEGA excited.

Have a wonderful trip and take TONS of pictures... the look in their eyes when they first step foot onto the ship will be WONDERFUL!!

We are leaving in 2 weeks for our second cruise ever and the last one was on our honeymoon on Enchantment 10 years ago so I know how you feel! We are over-the-moon excited too and the kids can hardly contain themselves!! Have fun...half the fun is the planning (and reading CC)! :)

Me too!!! 1st cruise since PKD!!!

We went on the Norweigen Star out of Houston (1998) when the test marketed Texas.(Shhhh. Dont tell anyone. We really dont want to count The Star) But we will be taking DS 11 yrs old on his 1st cruise and we are counting this one as our 1st "real" cruise. LOL!!!

We are going in August too and we are sooooo excited.

We were sooooooo bored on The Star. How much bingo can one play?

The Schooner Bar on The Enchantment of the seas has been my favorite bar fleet wide (well the few ships I have been on!) But truly beautiful!! So many windows to look out into the ocean at sunset is truly amazing! They have 3 large tables by the window get there early and you will for sure get one! Have a great time!

So glad you can ( everyone!!) do this with your families!!

There does seem to be a cruising " dead zone " when the kids are a little too small to leave behind easily, but not quite big enough to be worth the expense of taking along!! I know we didn't cruise for a bunch of years because we were doing Disney ( including their cruise) when the girls were tiny, and then other land based trips when they were school aged. The hardest thing as they are now busy teens is finding time when they are free and when the prices aren't completely out of sight because the kids are all out of school!

My girls are going on their first Royal Cruise in Feb and can't wait!! They are especially excited about inheriting mt " status" ( I don't have the <3 to tell them how little it means:rolleyes:) Every time I am on a ship with out them, I walk around saying the kids would love this!!

It is a great family trip because there is so much going on and if you plan right, it doesn't have to cost you for everything you do! Have a ball!

Archived