Florence Museums - Advance Ticket Purchase

2theship

Any suggestions for purchasing Florence museum tickets in advance? I know that it's advisable to buy the tickets ahead of time but all of the websites I've found have such absurd service charges that I have to believe that there's something better. I think that what I'm finding are ticket brokers but I can't seem to locate any "official" website for the museums. We're planning a "Florence on our own" day so I'd like to avoid spending time in lines. I'd appreciate any help.

The best way to book advance tickets for both the Uffizi and the Accademia is through their official booking phone line. They do charge a 4 euro convenience charge for tickets booked this way (which is still cheaper than a lot of the commercial websites), but the REAL advantage is that you do not have to pay in advance, only when you arrive to pick up the tickets. They will give you a confirmation number that you'll need to keep and show them at the ticket window.

The phone number (assuming you are calling from within the US) is 011 39 055 294 883. Remember to call during hours when the museum would actually be open (e.g., Italian time). Early morning usually works well. When you call, if I remember, there is an option for English. It's very easy and painless.

I really hadn't thought about one thing before - we're still going to have to wait in line to actually pick up our tickets, aren't we? Is there a (hopefully much shorter) will call line for advance reservations?

Thanks for the help!

Pam

The advance purchase window has little to no line, I think we had 2 people ahead of us. Like CruiseMom said, use the phone number rather than the website, because it's more flexible if your plans change. We had tickets for Accademia & Uffizi reserved but only used the ones for Accademia due to a port schedule change. Also, if you're there on a slow day/time, you can just get your ticket in the regular line & save the 4E.

Archived