Room service on Celebrity

Jo and Rob

We were in an S1 on Reflection in February and on 2nd formal night our butler brought us lobster tails, rack of lamb, escargot, caesar salad and dessert from the MDR and we enjoyed dinner en suite. We had a great butler who took very very good care of us (and we took good care for f him also!). Ate every breakfast on our AFT balcony....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did not find the Michaels Club Concierge to be too approachable either so we did not discuss the issue. Several of us who had the same butler encountered the similar issues. It really became awkward to unpleasant whenever we had to deal with him.

I hope you dealt with it in the post cruise survey at least. I've had a bad butler recently but I wrote it off to being in the corner aft on deck 7 where there were only 2 suites on that deck. Only saw butler once on a 10 day cruise. I didn't need anything from him or I would have called. I did mention to MCC and she was shocked.

We love room service. On our last 10 night cruise we never once ate in the buffet. Not all room service but a lot :)

We order it every day. For breakfast, if it is a port day, we use the menu that hangs on your door and pick a specific time. If it is a sea day we just wait until we get up because we don't always know when we are going to wake up.

Sea days we order lunch and have it on our balcony. So much nicer than the buffet or even the dinning room - to us.

We have had lobster dinner on the balcony once. The only downside is everything is delivered at once. So any salad, soup, etc. comes the same time as your entrée. It is ordered through room service but you need to go look at the menu to see what's available. We tipped $20 only because our room attendant had to bring it and it ended up being 2 heavy trays. Normally we only tip about $2 - $3 depending on what's ordered.

Most of the stuff is free but there are also pay items on the menu, you'll see.

Apart from an occasional breakfast (and frequently only continental at that) we had not used room service until our last cruise when I had a mobility issue.

I just could not face on port days post excursion returning to the ship and trying to manage Oceanview (which we usually enjoy for lunch) with crutches or a wheelchair. So we decided to try room service. So easy to order on the TV, order followed by a telephone call from them confirming the order and giving an approximate delivery time...Food arrived hot and was absolutely fine for a lunch! Only problem was the fries which often accompanied my sandwich order were absolutely delicious and whereas I would normally leave them they just had to be eaten.

If you are in a suite you can ask your butler to deliver evening full dinner service course by course. There have been mixed reports on this...strongly suggest you make this request clear on ordering rather than your butler arriving with everything and then complaining....

Just returned from my Summit Cruise.

We ordered room service twice since we needed to get off the ship early for excursions.

We marked our selection on our menu card' date=' with the time of delivery.

Next morn, we received a call stating our breakfast was arriving shortly.

They must have called at the elevator phone or from a phone on the same deck, cause right after the call we heard a knock on the door - knock knock knock Room service. :eek:

Man that was fast service. :D

Everything was exactly what we ordered.

Arrived hot.[/quote']

We usually order breakfast room service when we have an early departure for a tour. With Celebrity, I learned that if you put 6am to 6:30am, then sometimes they call you before 6am and you need to have your clothes on, because they will be there ASAP.

We usually order breakfast room service when we have an early departure for a tour. With Celebrity, I learned that if you put 6am to 6:30am, then sometimes they call you before 6am and you need to have your clothes on, because they will be there ASAP.

Ha ha, so true. That's where the robe comes in handy :)