Come Cruise with Me-Jewel Review 4/8/11-Southern Caribbean/2,000+ Pics/Super Long

Maybe it was the phase of the moon or something??? I injured my knee while running about a month ago... it's just now feeling like I can resume normal activity without pain or discomfort. Hmm...

Hmm, I always thought the moon might be against me :cool: My aunt always says it's crazy at the hospital when there is a full moon:eek:

You all must be younger than I, after hitting my 40's and having to "take off" too many days rehabbing running injuries I switched to the bike...try it! Great exercise and no impact = less days injured and recovering;)

They say you are as young as you feel. I think I am around 85. :eek:I have been doing the stationary bike for the last few weeks. I can't do a regular bike due to 4 ear surgeries that have caused me a lot of vertigo/balance/depth perception issues. Basically, if I'm riding and I look back (because a car is coming) and then I look forward, my eyes take too long to get back in focus and I fall down:rolleyes:

LOVE the bike! I have a Burley trailer that I pull my son in around these WV hills - GREAT workout! (Unfortunately, I haven't been riding much lately because the hills combined with pulling 50+ pounds are straining my knees... gotta ditch either the hills or the trailer for a little bit.)

NOTE TO CURTIS: Add Burley Trailer to baby registry! :D

The hills of WV, that can be a tough ride.

Another great set of pictures and the review! Love those coral reef pictures, great job!

Day 5 - Cartagena, Columbia

More of the drive -- Please excuse the quality of some of the pictures - I'm shooting on a moving bus through glass

Another side street

5647817238_5a91df3de8_z.jpg

Everyone seems to drive small cars and take security very seriously here

5647254087_72ac17f7d2_z.jpg

I'm assuming these are cabs

5647254747_44c8e96514_z.jpg

Saw lots of areas like this

5647255591_9a7c6f5247_z.jpg

They have street vendors selling newspapers/tabloids

5647819072_0e076b38b0_z.jpg

And this is the reason I would never drive here!

5647831216_33e9b6e951_z.jpg

Coming tomorrow -- Fortress - Inquisition palace - Cathedral - A local Show - Food - Shows - And More! . . .

If you can drive in Colombia, believe me you can drive anywhere.

I was born in Cartagena, and is a beautiful city.

Did you go to the walls?

Did you like the food?, those motorcycles that you see are also taxies!!!! they drive you for a so much cheaper rate.

If you can drive in Colombia, believe me you can drive anywhere.

I was born in Cartagena, and is a beautiful city.

Did you go to the walls?

Did you like the food?, those motorcycles that you see are also taxies!!!! they drive you for a so much cheaper rate.

It is beautiful. :) I don't think we went to the walls, because I'm not sure what your referring to. We didn't get to try the food either, our time was very short at each places because we had to be back to the ship by 12:30.

Those motorcycles are taxis? Wow:eek:

Curtis,

Are your snorkeling pics from Grand Cayman from your Canon D10? We've been considering picking that one up, and your underwater pics are great!

All of the underwater and above water pics at grand cayman are from the D10. It does a great job. I will try to upload one of the underwater videos we did with it later to flickr and provide a link here so you can see it's video.

The only thing with a D10 is you need to soak it in freshwater after your done using it.

Yes i saw your pictures and you went inside the walls, the walls are the ones protecting the city (back in times), where el palacio de la inquisicion is, and the church, and the shopping st. and the little streets that you walked, all that city is inside the walls, that's the old city.

It is very safe , people are very nice, but as any other city if you walk in the wrong place you can get robbed.

El castillo de San Felipe is the fortress (i think thats how you call it in english).

I remember growing up and going there very often.. ;)

LOVE the bike! I have a Burley trailer that I pull my son in around these WV hills - GREAT workout! (Unfortunately, I haven't been riding much lately because the hills combined with pulling 50+ pounds are straining my knees... gotta ditch either the hills or the trailer for a little bit.)

NOTE TO CURTIS: Add Burley Trailer to baby registry! :D

Curtis: Can sell you mine (It's a double...you just never know;)) Well used by us, but I couldn't give it up, and now my daughter is actually driving her OWN car:eek:, could be time to get rid of it.:o

Yes i saw your pictures and you went inside the walls, the walls are the ones protecting the city (back in times), where el palacio de la inquisicion is, and the church, and the shopping st. and the little streets that you walked, all that city is inside the walls, that's the old city.

It is very safe , people are very nice, but as any other city if you walk in the wrong place you can get robbed.

El castillo de San Felipe is the fortress (i think thats how you call it in english).

I remember growing up and going there very often.. )

Now I know what you are talking about. I loved walking throughout the old city. It was beautiful there :)

Curtis: Can sell you mine (It's a double...you just never know;)) Well used by us, but I couldn't give it up, and now my daughter is actually driving her OWN car:eek:, could be time to get rid of it.:o

Can I hook it up to the stationary bike?:confused::D

Day 9 - Snorkeling at Eden Rock

After having lunch, we wondered over to Paradise Restaurant, which is also home of Paradise snorkel, where you can rent all the snorkel gear for $15/day. We grabbed some gear and we were off in the water again.

Sorry on the pics - a lot of a green tint - that's a combination of I forgot to put the camera in underwater mode + I was editing them while driving down the road wearing sunglasses - my bad :-(

5648635314_632467c947_z.jpg

5648638696_5cec8441b5_z.jpg

5648640570_fafd66d583_z.jpg

5648645332_c6f0ae3cea_z.jpg

5648645598_77f6932d91_z.jpg

It was pretty shallow in spots

5648653842_2162c59611_z.jpg

Up next - more snorkeling. . .

Day 9 - Back on the ship

About 3:45, we headed back to the ship. Went and took a quick shower and then it was on to the Windjammer for a snack.

5648750328_baf2d447e0_z.jpg

After this, we went back to the room and rested and then it was off to the show.

The show tonight featured a temptations tribute band

5648758956_b45b804831_z.jpg

5648198515_51b108425d_z.jpg

5648202725_e10a6177e5_z.jpg

5648767750_0f144b5bca_z.jpg

5648205113_caa10b3c3d_z.jpg

It's not really my thing, but they were good.

Up next - off to dinner. . .

After the show, we headed to dinner.

For dinner, it was a fruity appetizer

5648773904_048ca9f7e1_z.jpg

Then the lasagna. It was good. It was also meaty, so be aware whether you like it that way or not.

5648774692_66cf53072b_z.jpg

They were serving two different versions of the banana cream pie

This one

5648211645_dba444c5fe_z.jpg

or this one

5648775848_175586432d_z.jpg

Then our waiters did a magic trick

5648213927_52bf3c54bb_z.jpg

5648778892_aa0b95704c_z.jpg

Up next - The midnight chocolate buffet. . .

Day 9 - After Dinner - Midnight Chocolate Buffet

After dinner, we went up to the Windjammer to observe the midnight chocolate buffet.

Here is the line

5648218847_e785e62bae_z.jpg

5648221951_dc8cb20015_z.jpg

Wait, they serve tacos at the chocolate buffet???

5648787160_235cb3f205_z.jpg

5648226079_537efd0159_z.jpg

5649092885_cddd24ba47_z.jpg

And finally, it was off to bed

5648226441_7365af1b25_z.jpg

If your still with me, that's it for Day 9. Coming tomorrow, the last day (at sea) and we wrap it all up/it finally comes to an end. . .

Looks like an upside down bunny to me. ;)

Curtis - please give me a hint regarding your second announcement. I promise I won't tell anyone!!! :D

I'm gonna take a guess and say that they are having twins! :p

Curtis LOVING your review! I was gone all last week on a cruise so its been fun the past couple of days reading as much as I can while at work... now that I am all caught up I guess I'll have to be patient to read the rest.

We saw that exact same tribute band on Mariner back in August last year! I thought they were excellent and very enjoyable.

—samoyedlover24

They were very good. I have also seen a beatles tribute band that is very good

What the heck is that?

See below

I would guess it's a sea turtle;)

That's what I thought :)

Oh c'mon you haven't seen the turtle?

:D

Looks like an upside down bunny to me.

Curtis - please give me a hint regarding your second announcement. I promise I won't tell anyone!!!

OK - Here we go:

We have. . . - oh wait, didn't I give you a hint in your review :confused:

Just have to wait a little longer :rolleyes: But it's coming tonight :D

I'm gonna take a guess and say that they are having twins!

Curtis LOVING your review! I was gone all last week on a cruise so its been fun the past couple of days reading as much as I can while at work... now that I am all caught up I guess I'll have to be patient to read the rest.

]

Sorry, I wish it was that we were having twins, but its not.

Thanks - the rest is coming shortly :)

Curtis, This is the first food we have in common:p5648773904_048ca9f7e1_z.jpgL

Loved the "banana" "cream" Pie, clearly, your waiters are starting to know you!;)

I do it healthy every once in a while ;)

Yeah, the waiters definitely had us figured out - we had a great time with them :D

Bare with me - I'm doing this riding down the road (at the mercy of sprints wireless network)

Day 10 - At Sea

Never been a big fan of the last day of a cruise. My mind starts racing back to work and I just can't shut it off.

Got up around 8am. Went up to the solarium and worked on the photos for a couple hours.

5646779246_be7d58f4b0_z.jpg

At 10am, I went back to the cabin to get the packing out of the way. Usually we do this in the afternoon, but it was nice to get it out of the way early.

Around noon, we went up to the Windjammer for lunch.

5648986433_f3c980be59_z.jpg

They had the biggest cake I have ever seen out front of the Windjammer

5649546406_0c1e3eb82c_z.jpg

Made sure I got myself a slice. It was pretty good

5649549098_0d565a6394_z.jpg

Also made sure to get a little ice cream and cookie. As you can see, my ice cream pouring skills went back down hill.

5649550516_6d7fa79148_z.jpg

Up next - the afternoon. . .

Archived