Come Cruise with Me-Jewel Review 4/8/11-Southern Caribbean/2,000+ Pics/Super Long

Day 10 - At Sea - Afternoon

After lunch, we went and looked at the ship photos and the shops. At 2:30, we went to a magic show in the safari lounge by the guest entertainers "Knight Magic" It was a good show ~ lasted about 30 minutes

5648991557_11af356123_z.jpg

5649554788_2392043261_z.jpg

Wife got one more of those virgin lava flows

5649556004_3d524fc5fe_z.jpg

After this, we went to the solarium for a serious session of Angry Birds

5649557656_e6bba60032_z.jpg

At 4pm, we went back to the windjammer one last time for a snack

5649559252_7a5ee366dd_z.jpg

It was good

5648999085_fbf3595abb_z.jpg

After this, we went back to the solarium and I watched a couple episodes of Bones.

Up next - the evening. . .

Day 10 - Evening

At 6pm, we went back to the room to change and put away the last few things. After this, we went up one last time for the Viking Crown for the nightly diamond event.

5648999929_5cc7b1fab9_z.jpg

At 6:50pm, we went to the theater. As with all the other nights, it was no problem getting a seat. The show started with a video taped message from the captain

5649563124_a5975cfced_z.jpg

Then we had the dancing thing with some passengers

5649565054_5c027c1f48_z.jpg

5649567382_5c7028ff48_z.jpg

Then the band played

5649008047_19075e3a5b_z.jpg

Up next - the show. . .

OK - Here we go:

We have. . . - oh wait, didn't I give you a hint in your review :confused:

Just have to wait a little longer :rolleyes: But it's coming tonight :D

I want a hint in YOUR review. ;) :p

But, I'll try to be patient, if you try to HURRY IT UP ALREADY! lol

Love your reviews - so informative and so detailed - you must get a real kick out of compiling them.

Keep it up - for a first time cruiser in Sept - just reading them alone answers so many questions!

They are fun to put together, but this one is approaching 3 weeks :eek: so it is coming to an end today (so I can have my evenings back :D)

Glad it could help :)

I want a hint in YOUR review. ;) :p

But, I'll try to be patient, if you try to HURRY IT UP ALREADY! lol

I'm hurrying :D

The pressure is on. It's 6:10 and the gps says we are getting where we are going at 6:40, so I'm posting like crazy :eek::D

Day 10 - The Show

So the show tonight featured a comedian/juggler act

He was good

5649015233_68013af073_z.jpg

5649021595_300b5d4b05_z.jpg

5649023637_00f4db4502_z.jpg

The singers and dancers did a number

5649597318_2826197f00_z.jpg

And then we had the official RCI farewell pep rally

5649599414_89c7ca0a57_z.jpg

5649601134_652cc710dd_z.jpg

Up next - The Last Supper (of the cruise, of course). . .

Day 10 - Dinner Time

On the way to dinner, we stopped to watch the tango dancers in the Centrum. Very talented

5649605918_3ee382e427_z.jpg

For dinner, I had the spinach dip

5649607078_e515d7e0bd_z.jpg

A very odd serving of turkey (everyone else got slices with gravy underneath, I think I got the leftovers from the bottom of the pan with gravy dumped on top) ~ It wasn't very good

5649608304_e8b1ebf3a1_z.jpg

And the brownie dessert with the banana parfait

5649613826_992a07feb6_z.jpg

After this, we went to the Safari Club for a few minutes, then back to our room. I placed the luggage outside and we went to bed at 11:08 am

5649054369_c8b2d7ca0a_z.jpg

Up next - Day 11 - We're back. . .

Got up around 7:25 and got ready. We went to the schooner bar at 8am. At 8:10, our number was called and we headed off the ship. After we got off the ship, we quickly found our luggage and got in the line for customs. At 8:50, we had the car loaded and pulled out for home.

5649617584_a522599bf1_z.jpg

We stopped at lunch in Orlando at Cracker Barrel. We pulled into the driveway of our house just after 4pm.

Up Next - The other announcement. . .

The Other Announcement

I mentioned in the beginning of the review that I had a second announcement. This one really isn't cruise related, but it is, because it will affect our cruising some.

We typically go up to West Virginia 3 or 4 times per year to visit some of my wife's family and for the nice change of scenery.

They have offered us land before to build a vacation house. This last time when we were up, they had told us that they were going to build a new house and eventually demolish a 100+ year old farmhouse that they currently lived in.

Some of you may know and some not, but my families entire life revolves around construction. I have a builders license and my father has an electric and ac license.

We worked out a deal to help them construct parts of their house in exchange for the current farmhouse. We are going to put on a 4 bedroom addition to the right of the house, then completely gut the house and restore it.

5716717169_1577a2218d_z.jpg

5717282278_f36e33b8bd_z.jpg

5717282448_6af3ae3f36_z.jpg

5717282062_8efb8e1ddd_z.jpg

5717281808_9a53d4fbce_z.jpg

We will have about 4 acres, but we will back up to 150+ family acres to wonder on.

We plan on spending about 4 to 6 weeks up here a year, so we are going to cut back on our cruises to about 2 to 3 max per year.

I'm out of time now - but more later tonight. . .

Great review. Enjoyed every post. One thing that I noticed is that you grabbed your bags before customs. If you sail out of Port Canaveral you go through custums first and then baggage claim. Congrats on your announcement. I am also looking for a new place to live a little quiter than Kissimmee but still in Florida

Curtis...

Loved your review! My DD and I read it together for 3 weeks, it allowed us to get excited about our cruise next Feb and learn a little about Jewel. (also good to have something to connect over with a teen;))

Love all you little anecdotes and how much you are willing to share!

Congratulations on your new farm house! I think you will love having a place near family (ours is also on the old family 'stead, but we had to shell out bucks to get ours from a distant cousin, lucky you:D) One of the things I have loved is having a place to go back to every year, with family all around; it is a fabulous way to raise a kid, with a break in the country every summer to kick back, kayak, swim, noodle in the woods:) (Warning: piece of unsolicited parenting advice- DONT get a tv!)

But, I have to tell you, one of the reasons we don't cruise so much (tho I am diamond after our Jewel cruise:D) is because we own a summer home, and I like to be there for 2 months, and not interrupt our time there, so you may find you might cut down on cruising. The other reason has to do with our big land dream vacas (which we do as soon as school gets out every other year) and my annual trek to visit the folks in FL, which this year includes a cruise, but sometimes includes Disney or last year, Harry Potter World!

I wish you and your wife the very best with your new vacation home and your new baby! What a big year, thanks for sharing all that with us and your fun review...can't wait to see the big announcement on CC about the baby...you know we will all be looking for it;)

Thanks for the ride!

I don't know that I will ever get over wondering around! I LOVED that even though at first I believed in a typo for wandering around. It just seemed to fit! Walking around with wonder!

WOWIE, If we could just all do that a little more!

Thanks again! I really enjoyed it!

Great review. Enjoyed every post. One thing that I noticed is that you grabbed your bags before customs. If you sail out of Port Canaveral you go through custums first and then baggage claim. Congrats on your announcement. I am also looking for a new place to live a little quiter than Kissimmee but still in Florida

Every port I have entered the good old USA, you claim your baggage, and then go through customs with your baggage!:confused::confused:

Not sure how I missed your "announcement" post - congrats on the new home!!!

The baggage claim seems to be different everywhere. In Port Canaveral, they use the conveyer belt system, in Port Everglades, they set them out by number.

I live in a pretty quiet place in Florida, but there's not much to do here and not much for work. We travel for most of our work.

Congrats on the new home!!

Curtis...

Loved your review! My DD and I read it together for 3 weeks, it allowed us to get excited about our cruise next Feb and learn a little about Jewel. (also good to have something to connect over with a teen;))

Love all you little anecdotes and how much you are willing to share!

Congratulations on your new farm house! I think you will love having a place near family (ours is also on the old family 'stead, but we had to shell out bucks to get ours from a distant cousin, lucky you:D) One of the things I have loved is having a place to go back to every year, with family all around; it is a fabulous way to raise a kid, with a break in the country every summer to kick back, kayak, swim, noodle in the woods:) (Warning: piece of unsolicited parenting advice- DONT get a tv!)

But, I have to tell you, one of the reasons we don't cruise so much (tho I am diamond after our Jewel cruise:D) is because we own a summer home, and I like to be there for 2 months, and not interrupt our time there, so you may find you might cut down on cruising. The other reason has to do with our big land dream vacas (which we do as soon as school gets out every other year) and my annual trek to visit the folks in FL, which this year includes a cruise, but sometimes includes Disney or last year, Harry Potter World!

I wish you and your wife the very best with your new vacation home and your new baby! What a big year, thanks for sharing all that with us and your fun review...can't wait to see the big announcement on CC about the baby...you know we will all be looking for it;)

Thanks for sticking around the whole way.

We are very excited about the house, especially to take the little one up in the future. I've already got 4 weeks budgeted for the remainder of this year to go up and help the relatives with their house. Hopefully we can start working on ours next year. It will cut down on our cruising, but being that we live in Florida and we are used to taking last minute cruises, I still believe we will definitely do 2 a year and probably 3 (although probably not many 10 nighters).

Hope you and your family have a great trip on the Jewel :)

Archived