Come Cruise with Me-Jewel Review 4/8/11-Southern Caribbean/2,000+ Pics/Super Long

Our Cruise Together Comes to an End - (We're really at the End Here)

We have now been on 5 of the 6 classes of ship that Royal Caribbean offers. Of these five classes, on 4 of them we have been on multiple ships. Here is my quick perspective on each class

Sovereign - We have sailed on all three of these ships (including the old Sovereign). I would never hesitate to book a cheap 3 or 4 night cruise on this ship. We have found the service to always be excellent and we can always find something to do at the ports that they frequent. If this ship offered a 7 day cruise, I doubt I would take it. I like what the ship offers, but it is fitting for 3 or 4 days. I think it is an especially great way to take your first cruise.

Vision - We have only sailed on the Grandeur in this class. I really like the layout of this ship (for it's size) and hope that they one day port on of these ships in Port Canaveral for 3 and 4 day cruises. It has a lot to offer and it has that old, classy feel to it.

Radiance - For this class, we have been on the Radiance and Jewel. As I mentioned before, I love the Solarium and Sea View Cafe on these ships. I can see why these ships are many peoples favorites. They offer the most you can get for what I would still consider to be a small size cruise ship.

Voyager - For this class, we have been on the Mariner, Navigator and Voyager. Love, love, love the promenade. It is a great place to sit and people watch, grab pizza and a cookie and so much more. The Voyager will always hold a special place in my heart, as that is what we sailed on our trip to Europe, which was an absolute dream vacation (boy could I do a review on that cruise - just didn't know how to then :rolleyes:). I think the upcoming itinerary of the Navigator coming up this November screams "excellent" value. Out of all of the ships, the Mariner is actually our favorite. We were able to sail on it several times in a relatively short period, got to know some of the crew and it really made it special to us.

Freedom - For this class, we have sailed on the Freedom and the Liberty. They are huge! There is so much to offer on these ships. The entertainment really steps it up a notch and it is obvious that they put more money into these shows. Again, love the promenade on these ships. I just like the slightly smaller size of the Voyager class better, especially for tendering. We tendered on the Freedom in Grand Cayman and it was not overly enjoyable.

Oasis - Haven't sailed on this class YET. It will happen, sometimes life just get's in the way :D

Up next - My final goodbye (I know ~ I already said we're really at the end, my bad). . .

Our Cruise Together Comes to an End - (Now we're at the end)

5723956785_80517b21ce.jpg

Once again, I thank all of you who read part or all of my review, or skimmed over the pictures. It was a lot of fun putting it together and it was also a lot of work. The best part for me though, is the interaction with each of you that posted back :)

It's times like this that I'm at a loss for words. :o I feel like we have all become friends, even if it is "just online". I've enjoyed chatting with you.

I know you all know a lot more about me than you probably expected when you started to read the review, but I'm pretty much a "what you see is what you get" person and I'm not that shy about it.

If you ever see me on a cruise, feel free to stop me and say hello. I have still not run into anyone on a cruise that I recognize from here!

For those of you going on cruises in the next year: Make sure you come back with a nice review and pictures, because it's all I'll have to go on. If you don't know how to get your photos up, just ask, I'll help.

Well, this isn't goodbye. I'll still be around, putting in my two cents every chance I get.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

For any of you enjoyed the review and are in to that sort of thing, I'm on:

Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/curtisleedaniel (tell me your from cruisecritic, because I don't friend random requests)

Twitter (just joined yesterday) - http://www.twitter.com/curtisleedaniel

I keep it clean on these sites, and I expect you to do the same if we become friends/followers ;)

I'll keep everyone up to date on the baby!

One last time - Thanks again for reading :)

Stayed tuned - In Around a Year "Come Cruise with Me - Family Edition"

CURTIS

Thanks again for the great 3 week journey through your review, Curtis! I enjoyed reading it every day, and it whetted my appetite even more for the FOS cruise I'm taking starting Saturday.

If you're looking for a second career, I'd say professional cruise reviewer would fit you to a tee. Yours has been the most concise, interesting, and objective review I've ever read.

Best of luck to you and your wife with the new baby! Trust me, it's a whole ball game. Enjoy every minute!

Excellent!!!!!!!!!! Sad to see it come to an end :( and I will be looking forward to next one in the future Curtis, no matter how long away that is!

I certainly hope that one day we cross paths on a Royal Caribbean ship and in the meantime, if you see a request on FB from a Ryan, it will probably be me :D I will certainly let you know in a message that its me for sure. You will recognize my avatar likely though.

Thanks again for the wonderful review.......You do such a wonderful job and your pics are always outstanding.

Thanks again for the great 3 week journey through your review, Curtis! I enjoyed reading it every day, and it whetted my appetite even more for the FOS cruise I'm taking starting Saturday.

If you're looking for a second career, I'd say professional cruise reviewer would fit you to a tee. Yours has been the most concise, interesting, and objective review I've ever read.

Best of luck to you and your wife with the new baby! Trust me, it's a whole ball game. Enjoy every minute!

Thanks so much :) Have a great cruise on the Freedom!

I would love a career as a cruise reviewer :D

Ever since we got married 9 years ago, it seems like everything is always changing for us ~ and we're loving every minute of it. :)

Excellent!!!!!!!!!! Sad to see it come to an end :( and I will be looking forward to next one in the future Curtis, no matter how long away that is!

I certainly hope that one day we cross paths on a Royal Caribbean ship and in the meantime, if you see a request on FB from a Ryan, it will probably be me :D I will certainly let you know in a message that its me for sure. You will recognize my avatar likely though.

Thanks again for the wonderful review.......You do such a wonderful job and your pics are always outstanding.

Thanks so much Ryan ~ I'll watch for that request ;)

Thank you so very much for this wonderful review with the great pictures. :) You have put so much good information into this review, I really have been enjoying your posts day by day.

Congratulations on your new house and the baby! Looking forward "Come Cruise with Me - Family Edition" in the future.

Great job, thank you! :)

Thank you so very much for this wonderful review with the great pictures. :) You have put so much good information into this review, I really have been enjoying your posts day by day.

Congratulations on your new house and the baby! Looking forward "Come Cruise with Me - Family Edition" in the future.

Great job, thank you! :)

Like everyone else, I wanted to say thanks for the great review. I've been reading it since day 1. At the same time, I've been going through a bit of a rough patch in my life, and reading the next installment of your review each day was a nice break. I look forward to seeing another amazing review in the future...

BRAVO! Thanks again for all the time and effort you've put into this review. Thanks to Heather for putting up with all the time and effort you've put into this review too!

AND... one more congrats on the baby and home. :)

For the future, definitely visit the family board... so many great tips, and people are really FRIENDLY about it (not a lot of judgemental comments, but a lot of support!). You may or may not know this, but I wanted to share so you could file away for future reference. RCI allows babies/toddlers 3 and under to exceed the maximum occupancy of a stateroom. For example, if you and Heather are in a room with a max occupancy of 2 you can add Bionic Baby to it for a 3rd person rate (even though there technically isn't a 3rd person allowed). It's a nice perk that can save money (I'm always thinking about money too - lol), especially on Oasis/Allure.

I kept wanting to "like" so many comments you made above (must have had Facebook on my mind), and was so excited when you provided your FB link. Thanks! I sent you a request.

Now on to the part where you start making stuff up... :D

Thank-you for the wonderful review and pictures.

Thanks for the great review / pics. It made waiting for the next cruise more bearable for a few days. :)

Thanks :) Looking forward to your review from your next cruise!

Like everyone else, I wanted to say thanks for the great review. I've been reading it since day 1. At the same time, I've been going through a bit of a rough patch in my life, and reading the next installment of your review each day was a nice break. I look forward to seeing another amazing review in the future...

Thanks. I hope your rough patch passes soon, best wishes :)

Loved your review!!! Pictures are beautiful!! Thank you for all the work to put together such a wonderful and enjoyable review!!

Sharon

BRAVO! Thanks again for all the time and effort you've put into this review. Thanks to Heather for putting up with all the time and effort you've put into this review too!

AND... one more congrats on the baby and home. :)

For the future, definitely visit the family board... so many great tips, and people are really FRIENDLY about it (not a lot of judgemental comments, but a lot of support!). You may or may not know this, but I wanted to share so you could file away for future reference. RCI allows babies/toddlers 3 and under to exceed the maximum occupancy of a stateroom. For example, if you and Heather are in a room with a max occupancy of 2 you can add Bionic Baby to it for a 3rd person rate (even though there technically isn't a 3rd person allowed). It's a nice perk that can save money (I'm always thinking about money too - lol), especially on Oasis/Allure.

I kept wanting to "like" so many comments you made above (must have had Facebook on my mind), and was so excited when you provided your FB link. Thanks! I sent you a request.

Now on to the part where you start making stuff up... :D

FB request accepted :)

I will definitely check out the Family Boards. That tip about the 2 person occupancy is already something that I didn't know. Thanks :)

Thanks again, Curtis, for sharing your cruise with us. Just sent you a Facebook friend request and hope to follow you and your expanding family on future sailings!!

FB request accepted :) Thanks for following along!

Hopin' thats the ultrasound result and not an actual birth:eek:

Congrats you two! Hoping for a happy and healthy pregnancy ahead!

Yes, yes it's the ultrasound :D They got several clear shots :)

Congratulations!

For those of you who followed the review, just wanted to let you know -

IT'S A BOY:D:):D:)

Congrats!!! I have to admit that I was a little disappointed when the sex of the baby wasn't the 2nd announcement! :D

Congrats!!! I have to admit that I was a little disappointed when the sex of the baby wasn't the 2nd announcement! :D

Yeah, couldn't drag on the review that long ;) Just found out today :)

Congratulations!! Boys are GREAT! :)

Archived