splendour or Equinox? help for an inexperienced crusier

rcha

HI have no experience of either RCI or Celebrity but am looking to book a cruise with one of them for October 2012.

We want to choose our own meal times and I understand that I can do that on both ships. Itineraries are equally attractive though the equinox is a longer voyage. Possibility of a JS aft facing on Splendour or a aft facing SV balcony on Equinox.

Are the cabins on the Splendour bigger?

Any advice from the experienced people out there?

Thanks

Equinox is the bigger newer ship....would easily choose Equinox over Splendour.....the longer cruise is also an added plus. You can choose you dining times on each line by choosing either select dining on X or my time dining on RCCL.

We've been on Splendour in an aft facing JS, it was very nice with a large balcony. We've also been on Eclipse, sister ship to Equinox. We had a CC cabin with a large angled balcony on the hump (the aft balconies are not very large), all the cabins are much smaller then the JS unless you go up to a suite.

As to which ship, it depends what you prefer. Splendour is much smaller but still great. Comparing the 2 brands generally I think Celebrity has better food and service while RCL has much better activities and entertainment.

I'd happily cruise on either.

Julie

I've also been on the Eclipse (Equinox's sister-ship), and that class of ship is very well-done. I did not stay in a suite, but I found the balcony cabins on Eclipse to be much roomier than standard balconies on RCI. Pricing be equal or similar, I'd take the Equinox just because Celebrity treats you a tad better (IMO).

Having sailed with both lines many times, I would say, without question, pick the Equinox. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with RC whatsoever, but having been on 18 different ships, the Solstice class has no comparison on the seas. Everyone who enjoys cruising owes it to themselves to sail on a Solstice class ship at least once. They are superior in every day, from decor, to food, to professionalism of the staff and to the shows and entertainment. To me, it's not even a flip of the coin, pick the EQ!

Archived