Princess Pricing Error

Cruise Junky

Has anyone benefited from a Princess Pricing Error? The group rate for our 2012 cruise seemed too good to be true, we had our TA check and check that it was for the full 21 days. Everything confirmed. E:mail received today that Princess screwed up the group rate it should have been $2,500 pp higher :eek: :eek:.

They are honoring their mistake but holy cow! does this happen often? We feel extremely fortunate and won't be looking for an upgrade on this cruise ;)

I wouldnt want to be the princess employee that made that mistake! Congrats to you though.

I know :eek: Wonder how many people got in at that rate. I know some on our roll call did. Probably a good job Princess caught it when they did. It's for September 2012 so the bookings hadn't been open that long.

I benefitted from a Princess error a few years ago. We were already booked in an AC minisuite on a European cruise for the summer. On New Year's eve I saw the price of an AD minisuite was about $1100/pp lower (it had been running the same as the AC). I had to switch to an AD guarantee but was able to take advantage of their error. Within minutes of my booking the price was already changed on the website. I gave them a lot of credit for honoring their mistake.

That's interesting. Do you have them turned off? I can see them fine.

I see it fine also! Congrats on the pricing.

I know HAL made mistakes a few years back and did not honor them. Kudos to Princess.

I see it fine also! Congrats on the pricing.

I know HAL made mistakes a few years back and did not honor them. Kudos to Princess.

We are extremely impressed with Princess and very grateful. To be honest, we wouldn't have booked this if the price was $6,000 pp, there's just no way. So if they would sail with some empty cabins, they've probably done ok as they wouldn't have had the booking. But on Customer Service, we're SOOOOOO impressed that they're honoring it and you can't buy that.

I know :eek: Wonder how many people got in at that rate. I know some on our roll call did. Probably a good job Princess caught it when they did. It's for September 2012 so the bookings hadn't been open that long.

A lot can happen between now and September 2012 especially with the economy as it is. Perhaps by the time the OP reaches sailing, there could even be price reduction from the error price. In the meantime the fare is to be enjoyed.

A lot can happen between now and September 2012 especially with the economy as it is. Perhaps by the time the OP reaches sailing, there could even be price reduction from the error price. In the meantime the fare is to be enjoyed.

You never know, but this year's exact same itinerary for a BC is double what we're paying for 2012 so it's got a long way to drop.

Archived