Oceania people who have cruised X in Aqua Class

jjeffjb

Loved Aquaclass and Blu!!! Have been on Solstice and Equinox and the food in Blu is wonderful... service also is great only holds 120 or so people so everyone is very attentive and after 12 days they knew what wine I drank and what to recommend for dinner.. the breakfast is also wonderful.... anything not on the menu you wanted they got for you!!! you can have sauce on the side but there is sauce!!!

Just off X in AQ on 4-9 and absolutely loved Blu for dining. Never once did we consider going to one of the specialty restaurants - there was simply no need to as every meal in Blu was outstanding. What I especially liked about their menu was that they NEVER 'tried to hard', ie: if many seasonings are good on a particular meat/poultry, their chefs do not dump them all in the same sauce in the more is better current thinking. Things were cooked deliciously and scrumptiously, and perfectly presented.

Now the AQ class cabins are something else entirely....... To give you an idea, just booked Baltic/Russia on Eclipse for next year and booked the Sky Suite instead of AQ. This way, there is room to get into the closet, and still be able to eat in Blu - at an addl cost, but well worth it IMHO!

We sailed on Celebrity last June (2010) and had a AQ stateroom. Just like clasendonna, we never had a desire to eat elsewhere on the ship. Blu is definitely better than the MDR on Celebrity and much better than anything we've ever had on Princess.

Having said all that, I thought the food we had on the Insignia was better than Blu.

Ok, this is my first posting on CC so I hope I do this right. Whilst we have not yet done our 1st cruise with O and cant talk about food there yet. Booked Alaska May 26. We have cruised on X in Aqua Class. We loved Blu for breakfast and dined 1 night in MDR (that was disappointing) 6 nights in Blu and 3 nights in specialty restaurants. Blu for us was way better than MDR because of the calmer, relaxed atmosphere, and 'clean' style food, but it was not as spectacular as the specialty restaurants (particularly Murano) but very good. Lunch was always good at the cafe on the pool deck.

As a fan of Oceania cuisine, I'd be interested in hearing from Oceania cruisers who have experienced the restaurant Blu in Aqua Class on Celebrity. Your thoughts?

Hi Jeff (say hi to Randy!)

I would rate the MDR food on the Regatta to be the best we've experienced in 37 cruises. Having said that, Celebrity's alternative restaurants are as good, if not better, than Oceania's. Blu serves smaller portions of high quality healthy foods. The selection is not as extensive as the MDR, but the food is really excellent.

Blu, coupled with a few alternative restaurants, could be the best "large ship" cuisine at sea. Better than the Queen Mary 2.

Service is as good as Oceania and the dining room itself is wonderful.

Give it a try; Lauren says Hi.

Kelly

Archived