TC in Euros

canadiansnowbird

I have several hundred $ in Euro Travellers Cheq. left from our last European cruise.

Will Princess cash them on board, as we need them, while on our Med cruise next year?

I do not want to cash them here in Canada, as they will only give CAD for them and then I would only have to buy Euro again.

Snowbird

I have several hundred $ in Euro Travellers Cheq. left from our last European cruise.

Will Princess cash them on board, as we need them, while on our Med cruise next year?

I do not want to cash them here in Canada, as they will only give CAD for them and then I would only have to buy Euro again.

Snowbird

From what we have seen, they will cash them for you, but they will not give you Euros in exchange, they will give you only USD after they compute the rate of exchange (which is always terrible).

It has been some time since I carried travellers cheques to Europe. As I remember, the best exchange rate would be at a bank in any Euro currency country. You normally need ID such as a copy of your passport.

Don

Snowbird

Look for a bank in the Euro zone to cash the checks. We were able to do that a few years ago. Had one hotel which accepted them grudgingly, another hotel refused them. It seems there were quite a few counterfeits floating around which made merchants very cautious.

Also, be aware that if you can find a European bank to cash them, they will almost certainly charge you a hefty fee for doing so! Take your passport with you for ID, as another poster mentioned.

I agree that finding a tour company that will take them is the best answer if you can do that.

Archived