Cabana - which one and how to book?

Hi

We would like to book a Cabana on Labadee for our June cruise.

We are sailing in two OSs on Oasis. How can we request one ahead of time?

Can anyone suggest which Cabana would suit us best. We have a toddler and would like to be in a shadey area near to (but not over) the sea. I have seen a map of the Cabana positions, somewhere, but cannot find it now...

Thanks

Boo

The concierge should contact you the week prior to your cruise. At that time they will send you a map of the cabanas. You can reserve it then. The cabanas hold a max of six people. We prefer the over the water cabanas but since you want shade, I would suggest H-1. It's hilltop cabana overlooking W-1 and W-2 and the water but I did notice shade. Also the two beach cabanas would be nice. Far enough away from the water that your toddler can enjoy the beach.

Here is the information that you're probably looking for. This was posted by another CC member.

http://travel.southpol.ca/2010/07/labadee-cabana-info.html

I wouldn't wait until the concierge e mails you, I would e mail him with your request. Cabana's go fast and they are limited. We had W3 & W4 over the water - they were great and we had a 4 yr old and 2 year old. Water is very shallow there - however, there was alot of sun. I wouldn't hesitate to book these again. The beach ones B1 & B2 are great as well - close enough to the water and enough sand to play in. The Hillside Cabanas may be difficult since you have to climb up and down stairs to get to sand and water. The Sand Cabanas I believe S1 - S9 are right on the sand, sit back aways but some have shade. The only thing I did not like about them is they are far from the water (IMO) and they sit right on the sand where the over the water (W) and Beach (B) have a railing and a raised deck - more privacy.

Hi Loves Cruising. We were thinking of renting an over water cabana but you mention there was a lot of sun? My husband really can't be in the sun due to health reasons and now I am thinking that maybe we should rent elsewhere. Was there shade if you were sitting in the back section of the cabana under the roof? If we move to the units on the beach closest to the water do you think we would have better shade there? Thanks for any advice! :)

The beach Cabanas are very nice. B2 has more shade than B1 and both have a railing where the loungers are, opposed to the S Cabanas where that area is left open. It's just a step down to the sand all the way around the front of the Cabana. It may be easier to keep a toddler in the Cabana with the railing.

We were recently in the B1 Cabana and we loved it. There was shade under the roof area and it felt about 20 degrees cooler with the ceiling fan and shade. The loungers on all water and beach Cabanas, where there is no roof, were in full sun.

Hi Loves Cruising. We were thinking of renting an over water cabana but you mention there was a lot of sun? My husband really can't be in the sun due to health reasons and now I am thinking that maybe we should rent elsewhere. Was there shade if you were sitting in the back section of the cabana under the roof? If we move to the units on the beach closest to the water do you think we would have better shade there? Thanks for any advice! :)

There is definately shade if you sit back into the Cabana - and a ceiling fan as well - the loungers however were directly in the sun.

From what I could tell - the Beach Cabanas, B1 & B2 were right in the sand closest to the water and no shade trees around. So again, he would need to stay inside the cabana for shade. The "S" Cabanas - while they sit directly on the sand and do not have a raised deck or railing would probably be best for him to enjoy as alot of them are in shaded areas. Which ship are you on? I would E mail the conceirge and advise him of your concerns. They know the island like the back of their hand and will be able to suggest the best location for you based on your needs.

We did not get any contact prior to sailing and our TA couldn't get an answer on booking in advance. Almost, the first thing I did once we were on the ship was go to lounge and talk to the conceirge. He pulled up the map and RSVP list. Since we wanted two next to each other we were a little limited. However, we booked S2 & S3. We had two grandchildren 18m & 3 yrs. The cabanas were the only way to go and I would highly suggest S2 or S3. I would not get a hilltop with small children. The steps up/down are steep and narrow. Being up the beach a ways gives you a little buffer space so they can roam without getting to close to the water and/or ledge.

There are no restrooms inside the private area and our cabanas were probably the closest to the rest rooms, plus close to the bar and food.

We did not get any contact prior to sailing and our TA couldn't get an answer on booking in advance. Almost, the first thing I did once we were on the ship was go to lounge and talk to the conceirge. He pulled up the map and RSVP list. Since we wanted two next to each other we were a little limited. However, we booked S2 & S3. We had two grandchildren 18m & 3 yrs. The cabanas were the only way to go and I would highly suggest S2 or S3. I would not get a hilltop with small children. The steps up/down are steep and narrow. Being up the beach a ways gives you a little buffer space so they can roam without getting to close to the water and/or ledge.

There are no restrooms inside the private area and our cabanas were probably the closest to the rest rooms, plus close to the bar and food.

If your in a suite - GS and above - you can e mail the concierge in advance and he will respond. He will tell you whats available and also make suggestions if you are unsure of the location you prefer. I contacted the concierge about a month prior to sailing, I had W1 and another couple with us had W2 - we paid once we boarded. Very easy. Your TA also could have done that for you. Next time?;)

Thank you very much for everything :)

B1 or B2 look perfect for our needs....

I will email the Concierge as soon as I have made the final payment (next couple of days). Anyone got an email address for the Oasis Concierge please?

Boo

Thanks so much for your reply! We are on Navigator but not until Feb 2012....can you tell I LOVE to plan for my upcoming cruises. :)

I really love the idea of being close to the water and having those wonderful views but we are also a family of 4 who craves shade. Do you think 4 can fit comfortably under the cabana if need be? I don't mind staying under it if it means we can be so close to the water and have what looks like great privacy.

Thanks again for your help!

Thanks so much for your reply! We are on Navigator but not until Feb 2012....can you tell I LOVE to plan for my upcoming cruises. :)

I really love the idea of being close to the water and having those wonderful views but we are also a family of 4 who craves shade. Do you think 4 can fit comfortably under the cabana if need be? I don't mind staying under it if it means we can be so close to the water and have what looks like great privacy.

Thanks again for your help!

4 can fit inside the cabana however not laying down - I love to plan in advance too! I would e mail your onierge in January 2012! Enjoy

We were in W-1 and the loungers were in full sun all day. But the interior of the cabana was fully shaded all day - my husband doesn't go in the sun if he can help it, either, and he was very happy with the sofa.

I really like the idea of being over water so it is great to know that you can get full shade under the cabana portion. Now I just have to decide if any of the 4 of us will be able to tolerate the loungers in full sun or if we are better off moving to another spot that provide shade for the loungers as well. Decisions. decisions......:D

Which is more private B 1 or B 2? I will be on Allure which has alot more suites than the smaller ships. Is there enough sand in front of these that there are alot of people in front of the beach cabanas? Also with the over water cabanas is there any privacy between the two attached cabanas? I hear W1 is better than W 2, Is W4 better than W 3? Thanks!

Which is more private B 1 or B 2? I will be on Allure which has alot more suites than the smaller ships. Is there enough sand in front of these that there are alot of people in front of the beach cabanas? Also with the over water cabanas is there any privacy between the two attached cabanas? I hear W1 is better than W 2, Is W4 better than W 3? Thanks!

B1 & B2 both have good privacy. We were in B1 and really enjoyed it. B2 had shade longer on the chaise lounger area. Both had enough sand around the Cabanas, which was nice. We put our mats right at the bottom of our stairs in the sand when we weren't using them.

The over the water cabanas I think are pretty equal. They are side by side, W1,W2, so if both parties are on their loungers, you will see eachother. It is private in the covered area though.

I don't think any are better than the other. I think it's all personal preference.

That really helps and the shade looks wonderful! Do you happen to remember which cabana number that one was? Thanks!

All I know is that it started with an 'S'. I totally don't pay attention to stuff like that, sorry. It was right next to the BBQ lunch area and the bar, and the closest cabana area to the kids waterplay area, which was great for my son.

IMO - While both sets of "W" Cabanas are attached by a walkway, you are far enough from each other so that you are not into each others space. I couldn't even hear conversations from our attached cabana's even though we had both of them. I would not hesitate to book 1 even though the walkway is shared. That section of the beach, water, seemed to be ours alone. We only had 1 other couple on loungers who decided to sit in "our" (LOL) area. Barefoot beach is a wonderful day, I am sure you will enjoy.

We were in B1 last year when we were on the Enchantment, and booked it on the ship on the first day. I know the cabanas were kind of new then, so maybe not as popular. Is this something that will now have to be booked long before sailing or you're out of luck?

We were in B1 last year when we were on the Enchantment, and booked it on the ship on the first day. I know the cabanas were kind of new then, so maybe not as popular. Is this something that will now have to be booked long before sailing or you're out of luck?

I think that's a good question and it depends on the ship your on and the concierge.

On Freedom this month I contacted the concierge 3 weeks before our sail date to reserve a cabana, because I read on these boards thats what others were doing. His response was to contact him 1 week before sailing and only then he would take the reservation. When I did that, the original concierge was then on vacation, so we didn't get the cabana we wanted because there were already reservations made, but at least we did get a cabana.

I think the cabanas are very popular, and the ease of reserving one will be dependent on the ship size and the time frame each concierge uses to make reservations.

Archived