Veendam Dry Dock - Any updates?

siebelqueen

Haven't seen anything since the thread showing the nose removed, and I was wondering if anybody had any updates on the dry dock progress. I'm guessing things are wrapping up since the next cruise embarks on Sunday. But I'd love to see updated pictures if anybody has some. (I did check the HAL blog, but no updates since the last cruise there.)

Thanks!

To anyone sailing this weekend on Veendam's first Bermuda cruise of the 2011 season:

Please post a brief word on the board concerning any updates and/or changes to the ship during her recent dockdock. I, like many others, am curious as to the fate of the infamous Retreat. Has it really met its demise to be replaced by some sort of traditional pool, either above-ground or in-deck?

Until now, there have been several rumors about what might or might not have taken place while the ship was in Freeport, but nothing concrete except for the nose job, which I admit looked a bit radical.

If nothing shows up, my wife and I will be on board the first week in June and will report back then. However, I'd like to at least have a hint of the changes.

It would have been nice if HAL had something on their blog, similar to what Princess is doing with the Grand's current daily video and slide updates (granted, that's a huge makeover). However, they did have a nice report on the Maasdam's recent drydock, so why not Veendam's? Even a short post or photo and explanatory caption would have been nice.

Any and all assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

I agree with you, Mr. Elegant. Considering all the work that Veendam is having in this shipyard visit, it would be nice to have a periodic update such as have been provided from other HAL ships as they have visited the yard recently. In lieu of reports from the yard, I am waiting for reports from fellow CC'ers. I can't wait to see what replaces the Retreat!

To anyone sailing this weekend on Veendam's first Bermuda cruise of the 2011 season:

Any and all assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

We will be sailing on her on May 8th and will gladly give you all an update.

I'll take as many pics as you all want just give me a list of areas as I haven't sailed on the Veendam before. I'm also not familiar with the retreat/poolette that I hear people mentioning.

We will be sailing on her on May 8th and will gladly give you all an update.

I'll take as many pics as you all want just give me a list of areas as I haven't sailed on the Veendam before. I'm also not familiar with the retreat/poolette that I hear people mentioning.

great!!

looking for to your report and pictures

According to cruise tracker the Veendam has not moved in 10 days

Veendam did move but not far.Went into the drydock on Saturday night/sunday morning.Had been still in water till then.

Poolette has been replaced with 4 or 5 spa pools.This information comes from our daughter who is working on the ship

Veendam did move but not far.Went into the drydock on Saturday night/sunday morning.Had been still in water till then.

Poolette has been replaced with 4 or 5 spa pools.This information comes from our daughter who is working on the ship

spa pools? like hot tubs? interesting... Thanks for the update!

so then -- a regular pool will not be put in place of the retreat?

just spa pools?

Wish HAL would post pictures on Facebook of the work being done on the Veendam as they did with the Maasdam. Perhpas they will when the Veendam's work is finished. :o

I just wish hal would post the pictures on their site in the 'blog' section

some of us do not belong to facebook

The first bermuda cruise is sunday, may 1 -- so she has to be on the way -- i think -- on friday from freeport

Great minds think alike!

I've checked on the marinetraffic.com website and the Veendam either has its AIS off or is out of range....

Archived