Bottled water onboard

huntforoil

Is bottled water available onboard for a cost, and if so how much is it? I also posted in the Cozumel section but didn't get a response, does anyone know if they sell bottled water at the money beach? Thanks very much.

I think bottled water is about $1.95 for the small bottle and $3.95 for the large bottle. The water on the ship is filtered. I bring a empty bottle and fill it if I think of it to bring on excursions.

Im sure every place sells bottled water. Iv found it cheap to buy local brands in Mexico, not so cheap if you have to have it bottled in the US.

I would like to know if you can use a soda card for water? Or can you bring 12 bottles of water onboard instead of 12 cans of soda?

No bottled water is not on the soda card.

Sure you can CARRY ON, 12 nonalchoholic drinks of your choice.

I think bottled water is about $1.95 for the small bottle and $3.95 for the large bottle. The water on the ship is filtered. I bring a empty bottle and fill it if I think of it to bring on excursions.

Im sure every place sells bottled water. Iv found it cheap to buy local brands in Mexico, not so cheap if you have to have it bottled in the US.

Fire is correct on the prices. I do the same - keep an empty full from the ship when it is empty. The ship's water is fine to drink & I have never had a problem.

One thing I would caution. You can buy water in ports, BUT, make sure that the seal / cap is not been broken. There have been reports of empties being refilled & resold in some of the poorer or questionable areas.

Is bottled water available onboard for a cost, and if so how much is it? I also posted in the Cozumel section but didn't get a response, does anyone know if they sell bottled water at the money beach? Thanks very much.

The cheapest way to deal with water if you do not want to buy it on the ship and you do not like the taste of ship water (although I can not see why) is to go to your local camping supply store and buy a water purifier.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/64082?page=katadyn-mybottle-purifier

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/506859/0/Relevance/1?nav=ln

They last forever. They are easier to carry than dragging cases of water with you. You can carry them with you and make clean good tasting water anywhere.

Also, you do not fill dumps with discarded water bottles so they are more ecologically sensitive.

DON

We just paid $3.50 for the BIG bottles of water on the Legend last week. They are available in your room all the time(room temperature), they also sell them cold near the debarkation area on the ship when you are getting off. Carnival also has a cool drink carrier that they sell for this size water bottle with a long strap. It was $8.95 and had a water bottle inside. It is great for the kids while walking in port or driving to excursions. :)

It comes out of the faucets.

Thanks SATXLady. this is the first post for me in years, because of smart asses like you.

My last cruise cautioned against drinking out of some faucets, but you go right ahead.

Thanks SATXLady. this is the first post for me in years, because of smart asses like you.

My last cruise cautioned against drinking out of some faucets, but you go right ahead.

Was not meant to be smart arse. Was meant to be factual. More words don't necessarily give more info.

All the water on the ship is filtered. It comes out of the faucets, both in the room and on the buffet. Not sure why you were cautioned against drinking out of faucets but first time I've heard that and never had a problem with it on five cruises. If you are concerned about the faucet in the room, you can trek up to the Lido and fill up your bottle. Same water, just out of the "water dispenser" faucet instead of out the sink faucet.

And one of the reasons I often don't post on here is that sometimes people get too sensitive and take offense at what others say no matter what.

Edit: And actually, now that I'm thinking about it, I believe the water isn't really filtered but reverse osmosis so we're both technically wrong.

There's no rule against bringing on your OWN bottled water !

Easier of course if you're driving to port yourself. But even in taking a cab from airport to ship, have driver stop at a store and buy a case of a brand you'll like.

Some people love the taste of converted salt water....we don't. And really don't wish to be ripped off so HEAVILY on water . Hit me on other stuff, but not water !!!!!

Reverse Osmosis is a filtration method. All ships must make potable and sanitary water from sea water. In the old days, they also had to make boiler feel water. Before reverse osmosis was developed to the current level of reliability, ships used evaporators, which are really water stills. The potable water may or may not have been further treated.

Today, all the water that comes out of taps in any cabin, on any public deck must be safe to drink. The United States Public Health Service requires this.

Now the water on some ships may at times taste less than perfect, but almost all municipal water tastes pretty bad too.

Doc

The tap water onboard is used to make your ice, food and drinks...it's fine for you to drink it. It won't ever "run cold" from the tap, so ice is a must, unless you like warm water.

There's really no need to BUY bottled water. Bring one bottle on with you, and refill as needed.

Reverse Osmosis is a filtration method. All ships must make potable and sanitary water from sea water. In the old days, they also had to make boiler feel water. Before reverse osmosis was developed to the current level of reliability, ships used evaporators, which are really water stills. The potable water may or may not have been further treated.

Today, all the water that comes out of taps in any cabin, on any public deck must be safe to drink. The United States Public Health Service requires this.

Now the water on some ships may at times taste less than perfect, but almost all municipal water tastes pretty bad too.

Doc

Thanks for clearing that up. I somehow was thinking reverse osmosis didn't use filters.

Yep, I live in one of those places where water from the faucet doesn't taste so great so we use filters at home. But when I travel I find that water straight from the faucet most places is fine.

Do yourself a favour, spend $10-20 on a good quality and size metal canteen/waterbottle and fill it up wiht the ships water. It is as pure as it can get and the insulated ones will keep it cold.

I have one and I use it all the time on a cruise.

Do you get water free with your meals?

Yes.. just got off the Imagination on April 15th.. the waiter automatically filled out glasses with tap water before each dinner..and refilled it as the dinner went on..

The water from the tap on the ship is fine. It is better than most municipal systems and we have been to many (not here but ours is exceptional), which is what is used for most bottled water. Don't waste your money. Just bring a bottle to take ashore with you (we use a stainless steel one from Target).

Archived