OSJ restaurant recommendations

attawaytogo

Depends on your buget.... If you want the most memorable restaurant experience and taste sensations.. Marmalades.. See the reviews in Trip advisor.. My Fav restaurant in San Juan..

If you like music and dancing (pr people watching) Latin roots is directly behind your hotel.. Their speciality is roast suckling Pig, lots of tapa's .. The food is ok here, it's more about the dancing.. (they had run out of suckling pig, so we had a selection of tapa's which were 'ok')

We stayed in the Sheraton OSJ last Saturday and ate on the outside terrace on the 2nd floor of the hotel. I don't remember the name of the restaurant, but it was italian, and we had a caesar salad and fish soup and a couple of very good steaks there, which were very reasonably priced. We had a great view over the waterfront and watched locals who seemed to be driving their cars up and down the street, playing loud music and honking at each other, and generally showing off their vehicles. We were able to watch both the Summit and the RCCL ship sail away after dark.

Another good restaurant we ate in was a tapas restaurant at El Convento. We ate there for lunch. Lots of tapas to choose from and the place looked like it would probably be a fun lively place at night.

When we were in San Juan prior to our cruise last week, our cab driver told us that Ajilli Mojilli recently closed. He recommended Raice's (not sure of the spelling). We met a couple from San Juan on the ship who made the same recommendation.

When we were in San Juan prior to our cruise last week, our cab driver told us that Ajilli Mojilli recently closed. He recommended Raice's (not sure of the spelling). We met a couple from San Juan on the ship who made the same recommendation.

Oh that stinks! We were there last year and they had a really good buffet for lunch at a fairly reasonable price. My DH and I went there 6 years ago after our Connie cruise and I didn't enjoy it as much as last year - maybe a change in chefs or something.

Wow - That does stink. This was one of my very favorite restaurants. Difficult to understand as anytime we were there it was absolutely always packed out.

Perhaps it was personal. They had the best mofongo - fllled with shrimp or beef.. Believe me we are sad about this as we are planning a trip in Jan. and had already scoped out how many nights we would have to eat there. Will have to try Raices.

C

Archived