Early flite home from FLL

muladybug

I know this subject has been beat to death, but the options are 10:50 AM or 6:00 PM flite home. Ship arrives in Ft. Lauderdale and flite is out of FLL. If you're first off the ship, with luggage in tow, do you breeze thru immigration and out the terminal? Too risky?

Immigration lines were horrible a few weeks ago, but I didn't have an early flite home and was among the last ones off the ship.

Are you arriving back in port saturday or sunday with oasis?? etc.. could be a mass at the airport if so.

Im not flying out until 9:45 pm this next time .... but the time after I picked after 2 pm. I dont like to worry. I think it depends on your stress tolerance.

At least the airport is very close which will help.

Id say 90% chance or better of making the flight.

I have flown out of Ft Lauderdale as early as 10:00 am. But as they say, it all depends on when you ship is cleared and the amount of people trying to get out that day. We have always taken our chances tho, and walked off with our luggage. So far, knock on wood, we have always been able to make our flights! Just depends on how brave you are. Good luck!

It's five minutes to the airport and if you have checked luggage, you can use the ship's luggage express. Saves you from checking in and you won't see your luggage until you get home. We were at the airport and through security by 9:00 AM.

Daughter and I were on the Miracle out of FtL. We were in the air at 9am. Our original flight time was after lunch. Got off quick and they offered us the earlier flight as the later one was overbooked.

It's five minutes to the airport and if you have checked luggage, you can use the ship's luggage express. Saves you from checking in and you won't see your luggage until you get home. We were at the airport and through security by 9:00 AM.

Not for a flight before 11am. According to the page yits good for flights after noon- what time was YOUR flight that you were able to do this?

ONLY if you want to start stressing about the possibility of "missing your flight and now what the heck am I gonna do" the last 48 to 72 hours of your cruise.

If you miss the 10:50,,,the chances are very slim the airline will have capacity to just put you on the 6pm.

We flew out of FLL in April 2010 had a flight at 10.15am. We were through airport security by 8:30am. Did self disemabrking and stressed like hell.

This past April we cruised out of Miami and had a returning flight at 10.20am. We were through airport security at 9.30am. The same stressed bad. Couldnt sleep the night before.

This is the last time I will use Expedia. Our flight was changed from 11.30 to 10.20 and they wouldnt let us change with out paying a fee of $150 / person.

Its your choice but as others have posted better safe than sorry.

Last month we had an 11am flight out of FLL on a Saturday. We arrived at the airport at 8:30, only to find the longest lines both inside and outside the terminal. (Only flights departing after 11:30am could use luggage express with Princess.) We finally checked our bags in about an hour later, only to then find the lines for security stretched all the way back to the car rental counters. We finally got to the gate at 10:30 with 10 minutes to spare before the boarding process started. Lesson learned, book a later flight or stay overnight. Too much stress!

I know this subject has been beat to death, but the options are 10:50 AM or 6:00 PM flite home. Ship arrives in Ft. Lauderdale and flite is out of FLL. If you're first off the ship, with luggage in tow, do you breeze thru immigration and out the terminal? Too risky?

Immigration lines were horrible a few weeks ago, but I didn't have an early flite home and was among the last ones off the ship.

You do not even need to rush to make that flight if the ship is on time. The easiest way to save time is to check in with your airline the day before you dock and print your boarding passes, and then use a skycap (if available) to check your luggage. those two things can save you an hour at the airport.

Our experience has been hit or miss. While we've been off the ship as early as 7am, other times its been hours later. Last time we cruised, we had VIP debarkation, and still, we didn't clear customs until almost 10am.

Check out your airline's same day standby policy. The time we were off the ship by 7am, we were allowed to board an earlier flight.

Archived