Inside staterooms on the Veendaam

cricri7

Hi guys......I have a couple of questions for the staterooms experts on the Veendaam. There's a special for the insides and oceanview going on, I do not know if it has closed or not, and my travel agent booked an option for me for an inside on the Veendaam. I always choose my own cabin but there is a difference of at least 400$ if I book a N category guaranteed. That means I will get an inside but I do not know which one.

Almost all the categories, I can find pictures of the staterooms but there are 2 categories I do not know anything about....it is the I and IQ....I had read somewhere, but I don't remember where, that on a certain ship those cabins were really tiny....is it on the Veendaam or on another Holland ship?

I went on Joanie's website but there are no pictures of those 2 categories. If anyone knows about those 2 categories, I would be grateful for an answer!

Also....the big question.....poolette....spa pools....regular pools....

which is it:o

Hi guys......I have a couple of questions for the staterooms experts on the Veendaam. There's a special for the insides and oceanview going on, I do not know if it has closed or not, and my travel agent booked an option for me for an inside on the Veendaam. I always choose my own cabin but there is a difference of at least 400$ if I book a N category guaranteed. That means I will get an inside but I do not know which one.

Almost all the categories, I can find pictures of the staterooms but there are 2 categories I do not know anything about....it is the I and IQ....I had read somewhere, but I don't remember where, that on a certain ship those cabins were really tiny....is it on the Veendaam or on another Holland ship?

I went on Joanie's website but there are no pictures of those 2 categories. If anyone knows about those 2 categories, I would be grateful for an answer!

Also....the big question.....poolette....spa pools....regular pools....

which is it:o

I think the Tiny 'IQ's' mentioned are small with the IQ's being approximately 141 sq feet, I believe as opposed to the larger 'I' stateroom being up to 226 sq ft.

Joanie

Since Joanie has helped you on the "IQ" issue, I'll just add my .02 -

If it has to be a guarantee, I'd rather have an inside guarantee than an outside guarantee for Veendam. There are quite a few problematic outsides. Not so much, with the inside cabins. So, I think you and your agent have done the best you can.

Since Joanie has helped you on the "IQ" issue, I'll just add my .02 -

If it has to be a guarantee, I'd rather have an inside guarantee than an outside guarantee for Veendam. There are quite a few problematic outsides. Not so much, with the inside cabins. So, I think you and your agent have done the best you can.

I'm curious what you mean about "problematic outsides" on the Veendam. We had an HH guarantee and ended up with an H outside obstructed view (which really doesn't matter to me - I just wanted some natural light)

Zezzie - Others of course disagree, but I am not a fan of the aft FF cabins on A deck. I call FF's the "Danger, Will Robinson!" category. Engine noise, engine vibration. They were what I had in mind when I posted.

As for the H's: jtl513 has posted about noise from the bow wave in the G cabins on A deck. Some of the H's are aft of that, so may not get that noise.

Zezzie - Others of course disagree, but I am not a fan of the aft FF cabins on A deck. I call FF's the "Danger, Will Robinson!" category. Engine noise, engine vibration. They were what I had in mind when I posted.

As for the H's: jtl513 has posted about noise from the bow wave in the G cabins on A deck. Some of the H's are aft of that, so may not get that noise.

Thanks so much for the info! We aren't on A deck so I think we have escaped the "Danger, Will Robinson!" category. :)

Was it Veendam that had the teeny inside spa cabins, where they gave you a yoga mat, but there was no place to spread it out?

I haven't seen an IQ, but a friend had a regular inside cabin, and it was very nice, almost identical to our ocean view. The only differences I remember were that the bathroom arrangement was different and, of course, there was no window.

Thank you guys for your answers!!!

I am still as mixed up as I was before....I am wondering if booking a N guaranteed cabin will be a mistake if I end up in one of those IQ rooms. There are no pictures on Joanie's website and I tried finding some on the internet but they seem to be closely garded!! Holland does not say nowhere that they are smaller than the regular insides.

The problem is that the difference between booking a guaranteed and choosing my own cabin is over 400$! I have renovations to do on my house this summer and was trying to pay less for my cruise...especially since I will be shopping in New York before leaving;)

So guys....what is the chance I will be stuck with the IQ staterooms? For those who have used the guaranteed cabins before, do they tend to give out the lesser categories before the higher ones? The IQ is the most expensive of the insides, we are all wondering why, so is there a chance that they will be given out after the M-L and the other inferior ones?

How many IQ cabins are there? I believe there aren't too many, but I haven't checked the exact number. Figure this, too: an N-category cabin is well below the IQ cabins in the pecking order. Usually people don't get upgraded all that many categories. More likely, several people would be upgraded a few categories each. What are the odds of getting an IQ cabin? Small.

Now, I wouldn't want one of them either, but for $400 I very well might play the odds. They are in your favor.

Thank you Ruth for reassuring me a bit! I have confidence since I have been reading your posts for a couple of years and you seem like the voice of

reason;)

There are only 3 IQ cabins so I know that the odds are in my favor but I wanted a couple more opinions before making up my mind. Since I have never gone the route of the guaranteed cabin, and never paid much attention to the posts that talked about it, I am unsure about doing it. What you said is absolutely logical, in the pecking order I am way in the bottom and prefer to stay there! I stayed in a M inside last year on the Veendam and loved my cabin.

I loved Bermuda and the Veendam so when I saw this special, I was pleased. I will probably go the route of the guaranteed and save the 400$.

Thanks to everyone!!

I'm curious what you mean about "problematic outsides" on the Veendam. We had an HH guarantee and ended up with an H outside obstructed view (which really doesn't matter to me - I just wanted some natural light)

Just FYI as it looks like you've had your Q's addressed...

There are no obstructed H's on Veendam. All H category rooms are portholes.

S and R class ships have full obstructions in HH and partial in DD

Archived