Bananarama

FL LuluBelle

From Bananarama walk left for 3-4 minutes to water taxi dock, Infinity Bay and the most accessable reef in the Caribbean. Research "snorkling" here or at Tripadvisor.com for tons of information.

Thank you all for the info-great map! :-)

FL LuluBelle, go on their website and email they will respond quickly and their package prices for transportation to and from plus use of facilities are fairly reasonable if you just want ot stya in West Bay, especially from Mahogany Bay for only one or two people.

• 4 months later...

It depends on what your idea of to crowded is. :)

My personal opinion is the bit of beach in front of Bananarama gets very congested both with people and boats...it interferes with my view of the sea and that bugs me. :) It is indeed one of the busiest places in the beach.

My feeling is the whole of West Bay between Henry Morgan past Infinity are busy. But if one goes to Tabyana with the cruise excursion, at least ya have more beach to work with and no boats in the water.

With all that said, the price at Bananarama are a very good value.

Guest 2000 - I know you said that before but my question relates more to the number of ships in port that day. Other posters have stated that Tabyana is just a stockyard for people off the boats.

I also like the idea that Bananarama asks for supplies for the locals (infant formula) - we are blessed in this country so ALWAYS try to give when asked in advance. Our day there is short so we plan on snorkeling & renting a kayak to send the teen off in - Tabyana charges extra.

Is there a time of year when the congestion is worst?

I understand your choice, I was just giving you my perspective. :)

"Is there a time of year when the congestion is worst?"

I do not know never having been on West Bay Beach for a full year. Perhaps some one else can answer you.

I have only been to this beach area twice. It only takes a short time to walk the whole beach area. Think of any beach durning a warm or hot day. This beach is no different. People are everyplace. Some areas have a better view of the water without seeing small water toys. Bananarama had music both times so---more people there. They do have nice food and a bar area to have a snack at. There are adults and kids on all areas of this beach.

Looks like this resort is up for sale. Found the youtube video below that explains this.

Just my opinion, but the video made it look nicer than what it is. (The actual place). To me, they looked like little shacks, but of course that was from the outside. :)

Just my opinion, but the video made it look nicer than what it is. (The actual place). To me, they looked like little shacks, but of course that was from the outside. :)

Not too sure what they are selling the resort for. But like any sales video they will always make a place look nice.

I have been in and around Bananarama a fair amount it is a long way from shacks on the beach. Ya gotta remember we are talking about an island off the coast of the third world county.

The vid said the asking price was something close to 11 million. I wasn't listening so well being I am not in the market for a resort in Roatan. :D

What specifically is included in the day pass besides transportation to/from the port, a chair (do you get to keep the same one even if you go snorkeling?), and a welcome drink? In other words, what is included in the facilities? Would it be a bad idea to book a daypass for late March if they are trying to sell the resort?

Bananarma Cruise Package

With the economy as it is and the crime rate on the island going up...my guess is your holiday will be unaffected. :)

If by some chance it is, you are only out $30 per person.

Bananarama is the best value for cruise people but the best snorkeling is at Tabyana.

I have no idea what happens to your chair if you leave it.

I sent an email to Bananarama to find out the scoop, this is what they had to say.

"Bananarama has been for sale on and off for about 2 years. It went off the market during the recession and is now back up. It is a process that will take a long time to complete maybe even years to sale. I would not worry about any of the current packages that people have already booked. If it sold we would of course either pass on the information to the new owners or refund the money depending on what the guests prefer."

Pretty much as I expected. :)

Archived