Equinox C1 cabin or Aqua class

caritsa

I have a concierge class C1 Aft cabin booked but I noticed Aqua Class cabins just dropped in price and I will be saving $200 pp . Do I switch to AQ or keep my aft balcony in CC? Is Blu really worth it? My husband has never sailed in an aft balcony and was looking forward to it , but he'll be happy with either.

I'm guess besides the savings, your C1 cabin is also on a lower deck + being all the way to the back of the ship. It sort of depends on where you can get an AQ cabin and how far from stairs and elevators you care to be. We really thought hard about the aft cabins since we've had one before and LOVED it, we ended up taking a hump C2 on Deck 12 for convenience.

JMHO... Jodie

I have a concierge class C1 Aft cabin booked but I noticed Aqua Class cabins just dropped in price and I will be saving $200 pp . Do I switch to AQ or keep my aft balcony in CC? Is Blu really worth it? My husband has never sailed in an aft balcony and was looking forward to it , but he'll be happy with either.

Go for Aqua! Blu alone is worth it. We were on the Equinox in April and loved it!!!

I would move to any AQ just because of BLU. I really see no value any more for C 1, 2, or 3 on S class. Maybe location. X is going to have to rethink Conc. Cabins.

Best

Absolutely go for AQ. Blu is amazing both for their breakfast offerings AND especially dinner! Remember, if therre isn't anything you like on the menu, they can get you ANYTHING you want from the MDR during dinner!

Also, the S class ships are known for the soot on the aft balconies, if you want an aft experience, go on a M class ship! Can't be beat.

With AQ you receive all the perks of Concierge Class, plus several more - so if AQ is cheaper definitely switch! Aft staterooms on S-Class ships are not anything to write home about; balconies are not much bigger than balconies on the side of the ship, long walk to nearest stairs and elevators, and soot sometimes gets on the aft balconies. If it was M-Class, then aft staterooms are awesome, but on S-Class AQ is the way to go.

Absolutely go for AQ. Blu is amazing both for their breakfast offerings AND especially dinner! Remember, if therre isn't anything you like on the menu, they can get you ANYTHING you want from the MDR during dinner!

Also, the S class ships are known for the soot on the aft balconies, if you want an aft experience, go on a M class ship! Can't be beat.

Not true - we were told "No we aren't allowed to do that" when I requested an entree in Blu from the MDR. I have read that each ship is different where this is concerned.

Not true - we were told "No we aren't allowed to do that" when I requested an entree in Blu from the MDR. I have read that each ship is different where this is concerned.

Well it might have changed, they DID do it for us.

I would definitely choose AQ. We were in AQ on Solstice in November and loved the atmosphere in Blu and the ability to walk in any time for dinner. We were on Solstice again last month with our son, daughter-in-law and little grandson. We couldn't do AQ because cabins can only accommodate two. We really missed BLU. The MDR was so noisy and somewhat chaotic. Do you like to sit at a large table and meet new people? If so, perhaps the C1 would be a better choice for you. The downside to AQ in my opinion is the location of many of the cabins. You have to be careful as to what is above you and most have a large overhang which limits balcony sunshine. Whatever you choose, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful cruise. The S-class ships are beautiful.

Elizabeth

They may have changed, but on our Solstice TA, we requested they make us garlic soup. Put the request in the day before. It was no problem. My wife ordered shrimp cocktail every night, and we got escargot on request. My wife also got caesar salad if she didn't see a salad on the menu that she desired. But, it may differ from ship to ship.

My 2 cents to the OP -- it's a no-brainer -- go for the AQ, hands down. If the C1 aft was on an M-Class, I might have to think about it. :)

I would base my final decision on what is important to you for the cruise your are taking. DH and I were in an AQ cabin for a carribean cruise in February - it was 11 nights but twice we went to Murano's, once to the Tuscan Grille and once to the Silk Harvest so we were away from Blu for four of the eleven nights. The service and food in Blu was very good but could not compare to Murano's once we ate there.

We have booked a 14 night Baltic cruise and have booked a C1 cabin. The reason - three nights we will be docked in ports until midnight or later so we will probaby eat dinner off the ship. The evening we depart Stockholm we will want to enjoy the scenery so we will probably grab a very quick meal. Other evenings we will be back in Muranos, Tuscan Grille and Qsine for several other nights. It did not make sense to spend the extra money on an AQ cabin for this cruise. The other niceities for an AQ cabin did not mean much to us.

Every cruise is different and you just need to decide what is the best fit for you.

Archived