Rijstaffel for two?

Choinski

I'm very eager to try the rijstaffel dinner. From what I can tell there is a minimum of four people required? Do they allow just two? Or do they pair you up they way they might in the MDR? And do you need to reserve (order) specifically for rijstaffel in advance?

it is only available at the tamarind restaurant on the eurodam and nieuw amsterdam -- yes they need at least 4 people -- i don't see why it can't be 2 tables for 2

yes -- you need to make a reservation

i heard not too long ago that one of the 2 ships was going to discontinue this special dinner as not enough people were requesting it

We went as two on the Eurodam, but we didn't get to choose the night or time. They told us which night would be a "group" night. Half the restaurant was Rijsttafel (the correct spelling) and the other half was order-from-menu. No mixing! If you find another couple that's interested (at a M&G for example) you can pick your night and time, but you have to reserve 24 hrs in advance.

Where does one hear about this dinner? If it wasn't for CCers we wouldn't have known about it. It was an interesting out of the ordinary meal for us. The servers in the Tamarind are just wonderful and they made the meal a joy. Our problem if we were on the Eurodam or N. Amsterdam would be should we get the reg. Tamarind meals or the rijfsttafel dinner or go to the MDR. It is nice to have such problems!!!

We were on Nieuw Amsterdam this past February and the maitre d' (sp) told us that this was no longer being served on either ship. I did ask a few times just in case I caught him on a bad day, but no way was the Rijstaffel available.

I'll tell you that we were very disappointed as we had really been looking forward to this dinner.

Maybe they should offer it as a special event dinner like Cirque in the Pinnacle. Since it's never advertised I'm sure the majority of passengers don't even know that it is available.

Please let us know if anyone is able to book this dinner on one of the ships. I'm hoping that they will bring it back.

it is only available at the tamarind restaurant on the eurodam and nieuw amsterdam -- yes they need at least 4 people -- i don't see why it can't be 2 tables for 2

yes -- you need to make a reservation

i heard not too long ago that one of the 2 ships was going to discontinue this special dinner as not enough people were requesting it

On the NA in February we were told that the rijstaffel had been "discontinued".

We were very disappointed.

r.

We were on Nieuw Amsterdam this past February and the maitre d' (sp) told us that this was no longer being served on either ship. I did ask a few times just in case I caught him on a bad day, but no way was the Rijstaffel available.

I'll tell you that we were very disappointed as we had really been looking forward to this dinner.

Maybe they should offer it as a special event dinner like Cirque in the Pinnacle. Since it's never advertised I'm sure the majority of passengers don't even know that it is available.

Please let us know if anyone is able to book this dinner on one of the ships. I'm hoping that they will bring it back.

On the NA in February we were told that the rijstaffel had been "discontinued".

We were very disappointed.

r.

Thank you

I thought that i had read here that it had been discontinued

Archived