Cabfare from Sydney airport

can786

Can anyone give me an estimate of the average cabfare from the Sydney airport to a hotel in the CBD? Also, from a hotel in that area to the Overseas Passenger terminal? I'm trying to figure a budget for our cruise.

Are there alternatives to a taxi available? Something like a "shuttle" service perhaps?

There sure are. If do a google search on , sydney shuttles , it will bring up several companies.

Only thing with shuttles is that you end up going on a tour of Sydney as they pick up other guests. At least with taxis they are just for you and direct. Depending on the time available we have used both.

Are there alternatives to a taxi available? Something like a "shuttle" service perhaps?

I stumbled across a very useful link while researching on Cruise Critic, a reasonably priced bus service from the airport to downtown hotel, Darling Harbour, etc. Since it's door to door, it has an advantage over the airport train. Here's the link... http://www.airportconnect.com.au/default.asp

• 3 weeks later...
But IMHO the money saved compared to a taxi is not worth the hassle caused by the shuttle service. I tried a shuttle service once, and eventually got out at a random stop far short of my destination and got into a cab.

Try this linkhttp://www.worldtaximeter.com/sydneyVery useful and quite accurate

Personally I would always use a cabI have used the shuttle on a few occassions when time was not of the essence . but I much prefer the cabs... and in Sydney most of the drivers can speak decent English ! ;)

cheers

Thanks for that link....Its right on. Our last cab fare from the ship to the airport was $50......Interesting to see it depends on the time of day and how much waiting time in traffic to expect.

If we fly to Sydney to join a cruise our flight arrives early , so we have heaps of time to get to the ship and take the shuttle. If the cruise finishes in Sydney , we just grab a cab to the airport. Either way transport in Sydney is great.

Archived