Oasis/Allure Guarantee

Please explain this to me. If I book a balcony guarantee on either Oasis/Allure, is it possible that I will end up with a boardwalk balcony or a central park balcony?

And if I book an ocean view guarantee, is it possible that I will end up with a balcony or just a window?

Thanks!

I would call RCI and tell them to SPECIFY what type of cabin is being sold on a "gty" basis...have the deck plans in front of you!

If you want a OV Balcony, and they tell you you might get an 'inside' balcony, don't book that way!!!

If it is just saying gty online I think it can be anywhere. When I booked our gty ithey had several categories listed just regular gty and d6 and I think some others but I wanted to be sure I would see the ocean so I chose d6 and we ended up getting a d2.

Guarantees are for the same category...when you look on the web site, and pick a category, you can see all the types of cabins in that category. It's pretty straightforward.

My wife and I just booked a D1 guarantee on Oasis and were upgraded to a JS. We were told we would at least get a D1, nothing lower. The price for the D1 guarantee was the same as a D5 cabin, so we went with the guarantee and am very happy we did.

When booking a gty they are usually very straight forward as to what the minimum category is you will get and you have to be aware you could end up with the least desirable cabin in that category. It´s always possible to get a higher category with a gty.

.....ANY balcony. I did not want an 'inside balcony'. There are also many connecting cabins on the Oasis. Their balcony rooms are small enough & I did not want to give up any extra wall/storage space for a 'door' we would not use so I booked a specifc sea balcony room.

Our cruise is not until September so I will be watching for any price drops on Junior Suites & then upgrade. If that does not happen....I can live with the room I chose.

Archived