Same itinerary on 3 ships which one to chose?

belkin

My son and his family are looking at booking their first cruise. The Glory, Liberty and Legend all have an itinerary with stops at Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, and Grand Cayman. The prices for Glory and Liberty are the same for the inside, ocean view and balcony cabins. The Legend prices are slighty more for an inside and ocean view cabins while a balcony cabin would save them $75pp. So price is not really a factor... just trying to pick the best ship. What ship you would chose between the 3 ships? They are 31 and 25 and may be taking their 3 year old with them. Grandma may have to come along to help watch her:D

We have sailed on the Glory once and the Legend twice. We enjyed both ships, but prefer the Legend. We like the spirit class ships. Where do they live? Is one port closer than another?

The Legend is a smidge smaller than the Liberty & Glory, if that matters to you. I liked the decor of both the Legend and Liberty, I haven't sailed the Glory. Any difference in transportation costs or accessibility getting to the respective ports? Airline fees can be the deciding factor here.

The Liberty gets my vote! I love her as she was my first ship and I love the layout of the ship plus the big screen, fish and chips and size got everything beat for me!

I have never sailed on the Glory,

But I have sailed on the Liberty once, and the Legend twice. I will always suggest the Legend. When on the Liberty I found it to be be over crowded. The legend was perfect, never to many people. I am giving the Sister ship the Freedom a try.

I prefer the Spirit class, so I would recommend the Legend.

Airfare to Tampa for us is usually cheaper than Miami, check air prices if flying.

Sailing under the sunshine bridge is fun when sailing on the Legend out of Tampa.

I prefer the Spirit class, so I would recommend the Legend.

Airfare to Tampa for us is usually cheaper than Miami, check air prices if flying.

Sailing under the sunshine bridge is fun when sailing on the Legend out of Tampa.

I agree with this poster! Love the Legend and the sunshine bridge was breathtaking!

Well it sounds like which ever cruise they pick will be good. They will be coming from Michigan and the Glory and Liberty leaves out of Miami. The Legend leaves out of Tampa. So guess we will have to look at the airfare to help us decide.

We have been thinking about the Freedom as well. Thanks to everyone for your input:)

Any chance I have to avoid Miami I take, thus I'll be taking my third cruise out of Tampa in the Fall, second on the Legend. I highly recommend the ship. The cheaper balcony prices are due to the "obstructed view" which means you have a lifeboat just below you. we had the room last year and booked it again this year, it is a great value.

Flip a coin cannot go wrong with any of them.

I would go with cheapest overall.

Always love Golfadj's practicality! Once again, completely agree although I slightly favor The Legend but just factor in all the costs and you can't go wrong with these three vessels.

We have been on all three ships.... and just asked my Husband this question... and we said at the same time....

LIBERTY!

While we loved the Legend and Glory, something about this ship was outstanding! We never felt the crowds, loved the decor.. and the kids loved the slide, kids clubs and entertainment!

No matter what, in this case.. there is no wrong answer!

Catrin

Archived