Veranda cabins on deck 6 or move on a B2B?

cpgrneyes

I've recently decided to do a B2B, but so far, can't get the same V2 cabin on deck 7. I currently have my original, midship cabin, and one 11 cabins further aft. There are a couple I could move to on deck 6, but I'm wondering if the trade off of not having to move is worth switching to a less desirable cabin. My options are 6051, 6057 or 6059.

From what I've read in other posts, the cabin steward will move the luggage and hanging clothes, but there will definitely still be packing involved!

Any thoughts from those who have had experience staying at a V2 on deck 6 or has moved cabins in a B2B?

I'm checking daily to see if something opens up, as final payment is just four weeks away, and am waitlisted on both cabins for the other leg of the cruise.

Hi!

Have you read my posts I wrote about prefering 7111 and 7117 and cabins in that area over the midship cabins on Deck 7 and my reasons why?

if you haven't, I dont mind repeating it and showing the pictures, video etc.

but if you already know it, I didnt want to be redundant.

Besides that..i would prefer deck 7 over deck 6 as an extra buffer from and deck 5 noise, so i would move...but that's just me

K.

Hi K,

Yes, I did read your post about the more aft verandas having a more open balcony, and we actually booked one of the more open ones on the 2nd leg. Unfortunately, all the V3's on deck 7 are gone.

I have the same noise concerns about deck 6. We'll stay on deck 7 and hope something opens up!

• 3 weeks later...
I've recently decided to do a B2B, but so far, can't get the same V2 cabin on deck 7. I currently have my original, midship cabin, and one 11 cabins further aft. There are a couple I could move to on deck 6, but I'm wondering if the trade off of not having to move is worth switching to a less desirable cabin. My options are 6051, 6057 or 6059.

From what I've read in other posts, the cabin steward will move the luggage and hanging clothes, but there will definitely still be packing involved!

Any thoughts from those who have had experience staying at a V2 on deck 6 or has moved cabins in a B2B?

I'm checking daily to see if something opens up, as final payment is just four weeks away, and am waitlisted on both cabins for the other leg of the cruise.

I was unable to find the post regarding mid-ship deck 7 cabins. I wondered if the person had the same problem as we did with mid-ship. Each day in port we had water dripping from above which meant the veranda was un-usable for a lot of the time. This was presumably due to cleaning windows on lido deck so deck 8 would have the same problem. For our next cruise we have booked same deck but forward so hopefully we don't have the same problem.

We were in cabin 6174 on a recent cruise and loved it ... we were directly above the dining room and couldn't hear a thing ... it was a great cabin and i expected there to be an issue with the location and noise ... so i was sensitive to it and didn't have any noise at all - was really above my expectations!

I was unable to find the post regarding mid-ship deck 7 cabins. I wondered if the person had the same problem as we did with mid-ship. Each day in port we had water dripping from above which meant the veranda was un-usable for a lot of the time. This was presumably due to cleaning windows on lido deck so deck 8 would have the same problem. For our next cruise we have booked same deck but forward so hopefully we don't have the same problem.

Here is a copy and paste from my other post regarding the cabins that I was discussing with the OP

on deck 7 we like the more aft balconys 7111 and 7117..the balcony bars go down to your ankles where more mid ship the ship hull on the balcony goes almost mid calf to your knees...if you are laying in bed you cant see the water...

on our youtube video page if you watch the tender to ship from sorrento i point it out...

http://www.youtube.com/user/OurPassportStamps

My husband and I have stayed in 6051 and loved it. It's very quiet there. We've also sailed in 6067 or 69 (can't quiet remember) and that section gets some vibration noise.

• 2 weeks later...
We have stayed in 6087 and 6074 and think that area is great. There is no noise above or below and we were not bothered by vibration.

Booked in 6007 at the front, I'm concerned about noise from the theatre below on deck 5 and anchor noise when tendering, has anyone else on the board had this cabin or adjacent cabins?

Booked in 6007 at the front, I'm concerned about noise from the theatre below on deck 5 and anchor noise when tendering, has anyone else on the board had this cabin or adjacent cabins?

This is a problem with the far forward cabins on both deck 4 and deck 6. If you're at the show at night, it isn't a problem. If you're just back from a long day ashore and you want to catch a quick nap, you will have to contend with rehearsals going on late in the afternoon.

You will also have anchor noise. Some people sleep through it, others don't.

I wouldn't book one of these cabins again.

Thanks for all your comments!

While I have two good (but different) midship cabins on deck 7 for the B2B, th same cabin just aft of the rear elevators on deck 6 has opened up on both legs. Much as I'd prefer the deck 7 cabins, the thought of packing up mid-vacation has me ready to move down a deck once both final payment dates have passed.

We are also doing b2b and are booked in two different rooms on deck 7. 7024 and 7025. When we are ready to sail we hope to be transfered to a room we won't have to move from! I know from previous sailings that the people in the rooms near the quest laundry complain about the noise from the machines and the passengers. We avoid that area!! There is more up and down movement in the front and rear cabins (suites) and we usually try to get a cabin closer to the center. If you don't get seasick you will be fine! Our TA was moved to one of the front suites and I couldn't stay in there very long because of the movement!!

Yes, we currently have cabins about 10 apart from each other on the different legs. I've decided that, if cabins don't open up that I'm excited about, we'll spend the half hour packing and let the cabin attendents move our stuff while we explore Venice!

Hi, my husband and I did a btb on the Journey in April. We had to move and because we had never done it before I was a little concerned. The steward made it so easy. All you need to do is put the things that are in the drawers in a suit case and they do the rest. All hanging things are moved by a hanging dolly like at a reg hotel so it is very quickly done and made very easy for you.

Hope this puts your mind to ease.

Thanks, lespetites, that does make the move sound less onerous. Unlike packing to go home, I suppose we can just throw all the bathroom and other miscellaneous stuff into a laundry bag as well.

Yesterday was the final payment deadline for our first leg and nothing opened up so, while I'll continue to check, I'm resigned to keeping two good, but different cabins!

Archived