shuttle to magic kingdom

audrey248

Could any one tell me, can you get a shuttle from a hotel on international drive to the magic kingdom and how much is it,and is the firework display on every night and can you get a shuttle back to hotel quite late at night.

Have you considered staying in a Disney hotel?

If you fly in, Disney's Magical Express will take you from Orlando Airport (not Sanford) to your hotel and back. During your stay you will have use of Disney's bus/monorail/boat system.

You also get Extra Magic Hours which means a park opens one hour early and another closes 3 hours later for Disney hotel guests only.

Depending on when you go, they are offering free dining at several times this year.

Fireworks are offered most nights except when they close early for separate ticket parties offered a few nights each week for about 6 weeks preceding Halloween and Christmas. The nightly parades are offered a little less frequently than the fireworks.

Most of the WDW area hotels offer shuttle service to the parks, but the hours and frequency of trips will vary by hotel. Staying on the WDW property, as mentioned above, is your best bet. Absent that, call the hotel or check their web site for shuttle information.

We have been in the Magic Kingdom between Christmas and New Years and have never seen so many people jammed together; lines to leave the park were long. My advice is to plan on staying late and let the crowds die down before trying to head back to your hotel. Good luck! :)

You would be best off finding a hotel that offers Disney park transportation. I-Drive is a little farther out so the hotels that offer this may be far and few. The Sunshine Shuttle does theme park shuttles but they are a little pricey. Here is thier link http://www.floridasunshineshuttle.com/themepark-attraction-transportation.html

Your best bet would be to stay at a Disney Hotel and use their transportation like the above poster mentioned. The Value resorts are fine. They are: All Star Sports, All Star Music, All Star Movies and the Pop-Century. We have stayed at all but the AS Movies and they are clean and worth the money. Just a tip, I would book the AS Sports first as it is the first on the pick-up and drop off for the Disney busses. The Pop-Century has it's own bus but is a much bigger hotel and the busses tend to be very crowded. AS Sports would be my first choice. Depending on the time of year, you can usually get a room for around $100 per night or less. If you have AAA and call their 1-407-W-Disney #, they can quote you the discount price.

You might also want to check into one of the Downtown Disney Hotels. There are 7 in all and you may get a deal that would be lower than the Disney Value Resort. All of these DD hotels have Park shuttles and are across the street from the Downtown Disney Area which also offers busses to the parks. Here is a link to their hotels.

http://www.downtowndisneyhotels.com/

BTW-- Here is a link to the Disney Firework and Parade Schedule. They have the fireworks most every night except in stormy weather or when the park closes extra early. Both are rare so you should be just fine. Here is another tip. The best place in the MK to view the fireworks is from the edge of the Tomorrow Land Terrace just off towards the Tomorrowland side where the outside dining tables are. From this location you will not only have an excellent view but also be able to see Tinker Bell fly down from the Castle to just behind where this particular area is. She appears just before the start of the fireworks. Get there a little early though and stake out a table.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours.htm

Good luck to you. :)

Downtown Disney hotels are a good option. I have not stayed at them but mousesavers.com has good deals in Downtown Disney and very close to it. I think Buena Vista Suites and Caribe Royale have shuttles and suites that would accommodate your large group.

The Doubletree in Downtown Disney is a drop off for Budget rental cars if you got that at the port. There is a Hess gas station a couple blocks past it across from Downtown Disney to fill up at a good price.

If you do stay on Disney property, remember to book the Magical Express to get you back to Orlando Airport.

OP, just wanted to share the link to the Disney All Star Sports Hotel.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/all-star-sports-resort/ You can get a package that will include park tickets, pick up and drop off to the Orlando airport on the Magical Express bus and park transportation from the hotel. Like another poster mentioned, the busses can get very crowded at peak times, that is why I suggested the Sports hotel as it is the first on for pick up and drop off on the route.

The All Star Music Resort offers family suites if you need more room. It consists of a bedroom with 2-queen beds and a separate living room with pull out sofa and a pull out chair. It also has a kitchen area and 2 bathrooms.

Depending on when you want to go- try to get your package where you can get free dining too.

On our first trip we stayed outside the park (thinking it was cheaper)

we were at the mercy of the shuttles which do not run very good with the times we would prefer-- like to see the fireworks show.

(place is a madhouse trying to get out of there

Could any one tell me, can you get a shuttle from a hotel on international drive to the magic kingdom and how much is it,and is the firework display on every night and can you get a shuttle back to hotel quite late at night.

OP, I came across a hotel on International Drive that does in fact offer a free shuttle to Epcot. From there, you would just jump on the monorail and it will take you directly to the Magic Kingdom. Here is the link.

http://www.ramada.com/Ramada/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=30449

OP, I came across a hotel on International Drive that does in fact offer a free shuttle to Epcot. From there, you would just jump on the monorail and it will take you directly to the Magic Kingdom. Here is the link.

http://www.ramada.com/Ramada/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=30449

That place is a pit.

Just grab a cab and that way you are on your time and not tied to a shuttle time. It's about $40 including tip each way. There are not fireworks every night, you'll have to look at the schedule online to plan accordingly.

Archived