Zumba... It's fun! It's free! It's fitness?

Orangefan

I participate in Zumba classes at home and was disappointed that my March 27,2011 cruise on the Ruby different offer any Zumba classes. Does anybody know what Princess ships offer Zumba?

Sali

After I posted my above resonse, I opened my email and there was a Princess Capt Circle brochures...

So - here is more info on Zumba:

Zumba1.jpgspacer.gifZumba — It's fun. It's free. It's fitness?

Zumba is a Latin-style dance fitness party that blends salsa, meringue, belly dancing, reggaeton, and flamenco music together to create a calorie-burning dance that's so enjoyable most people don't even realize they're getting a great workout too.

Princess Cruises® is the first and only cruiseline to offer this highly addictive dance program. Classes are free of charge and available on several of our ships. And due to its overwhelming popularity, we expect it will be available across the fleet very soon.

From the minute these energetic classes start, you can see the number of participants begin to grow. "This activity is consistently packed to the rafters — Zumba is now the number one passenger activity aboard our ship", says a Zumba certified cruise staff member.

Zumba Fitness is so contagious, that whenever we perform a demonstration in the Piazza or Atrium, passengers can't help but join in. People of all ages enjoy dancing to the beat of the music poolside by Movies Under the Stars,® or in Club Fusion. Each 30-45 minute Zumba Fitness class is a dance party — with up to 200 people dancing at one time. So be sure to join in on all the fun on your next Princess® cruise.

For more information about this new sensation that is sweeping the decks of Princess, visit www.zumba.com. Or you can visit princess.com to check the availability aboard our ships. And who knows, maybe we'll see your new moves very soon.

The Star did not have Zumba in April. I'm not sure you can really determine if Zumba will be offered on your cruise or not until you get on the ship. Members of the cruise staff have to be certified as Zumba instructors. When they return home, it may leave the ship with no one certified to teach (which, I suspect, was the issue on the Star Princess, since Zumba was offered in March but not in April).

This just came in my May newsletter. You may have seen it by now. Just wanted to pass it along.:D:D:D YAY!!!

Here are the first two paragraphs:

Zumba — It's fun. It's free. It's fitness?

Zumba is a Latin-style dance fitness party that blends salsa, meringue, belly dancing, reggaeton, and flamenco music together to create a calorie-burning dance that's so enjoyable most people don't even realize they're getting a great workout too.

Princess Cruises® is the first and only cruiseline to offer this highly addictive dance program. Classes are free of charge and available on several of our ships. And due to its overwhelming popularity, we expect it will be available across the fleet very soon.

for more, read here: http://content.princess.com/princess/?rlJQSDbooFf-sZ29mSeGWtQnlOaciIAjr#top

This just came in my May newsletter. You may have seen it by now. Just wanted to pass it along.:D:D:D YAY!!!

Here are the first two paragraphs:

Zumba — It's fun. It's free. It's fitness?

for more, read here: http://content.princess.com/princess/?rlJQSDbooFf-sZ29mSeGWtQnlOaciIAjr#top

I saw this & wondered which ships have the program now? Couldn't find any info on Princess.com.

Minette

Just back from TA on Emerald and 'Miko' from the Cruise Director staff led Zumba on our 'at sea days' so we had Zumba for 8 out of 16 days.

I've done Zumba for 2 yrs and Miko was FAB-U-LOUS...very intense and he took no prisoners.

Luckily I took my workout gear (for the gym) so was ready for the action. One day at sea was pretty rough so the Club Fusion was a bit rocky but he altered the workout so we weren't bouncing quite as much.

GREAT music and great work out. Plus the bar keeps offered up buckets of ice water and even free bottles of cold water to those that didn't bring their own.

Archived