What is a must see/do on Serenade?

These glass elevators sound amazing, do you or anyone else have any pics taken in the elevator looking out?I googled it but couldn't find any....

p.s all these answers are getting me even more excited for the cruise!:D

Here's the one shot I got of the view out the elevators...wish I had taken a couple more...

ry%3D400

These glass elevators sound amazing, do you or anyone else have any pics taken in the elevator looking out?I googled it but couldn't find any....

p.s all these answers are getting me even more excited for the cruise!:D

See if this link will work, I actually took a short video coming down on one of the elevators:

GOING DOWN

Hi everyone,

What is a must do/must see on Serenade? I'm going in July out of San Juan.

Let me know!!

The pool tables ...

Pooltable.jpg

The atrium ...

Serenade.jpg

The solarium ...

Solarium7.jpg

The helicopter pad ...

Bow.jpg

SunsetII.jpg

And of course the buffet ...

lunchtime.jpg

Serenade is amazing. We just got done with a B2B on May 7. It was our 3 and 4th time on the ship. Service is unbelievable. If you are doing MTD, ask if Freddie is serving in the MTD section. He was great. Tell him Jerry/Karen/Deb/Ron sent you:D. We had him for the entire 2 weeks.

Seaview Cafe is great for snacks. Don't miss Schooner's Bar. Our favorite Schooner's of all the ships we have been on. Eat breakfast outside at WJ in the morning. It is great to watch other ships pull up and just to be outside enjoying the morning.

Your cruise director (if not on vacation) will be Ricky Matthews. he is absolutely the BEST CD we have ever had on Royal. I have liked many others, but Ricky is one of a kind. So funny and so nice. We love him and will miss him on Majesty where we first met him

Enjoy!!!!! This ship/staff/itin is a fabulous vacation.

we had a jr suite under the windjammer on the serenade- and the noise was horrible- constantly being woken up around midnight and again around 4:00 as they were taking down and setting up- we complained several times but nothing could be done.

we have had a jr suite under the windjammer on voyager and never heard noise from the windjammer.

i think it is the way the windjammer is set up on the serenade- less carpet and different food stations- not the cafeteria style lines like on the voyager.

May I ask which JS you had?

we r sailing in March next year and I was wondering what time the Windjammer opened. Basically for the noise issues. Will we hear much in the early morning hours or late at night. Thanks

We have JS1100 this coming September and I have heard that this is one of the best cabins on the ship....:)

we were in jr suite 1080- nice size cabin but like i said the noise was horrible. if we sail again i will move mid ship to a grand suite to escape the noise.

i really did did like the serenade- just the right size and the staff are wonderful and friendly.

we were in jr suite 1080- nice size cabin but like i said the noise was horrible. if we sail again i will move mid ship to a grand suite to escape the noise.

i really did did like the serenade- just the right size and the staff are wonderful and friendly.

Thanks, we're a bit closer to the elevators, hope that helps us:)

We have JS1100 this coming September and I have heard that this is one of the best cabins on the ship....:)

We have been in 1102 twice (right next door to 1100) we loved it! The view the wake is awesome! I actually have a picture of it in my office so I can go to my happy place when I'm stressed.:D There was little noise but not much. It is the best! Happy sailing!

I'll vouch for that!! JS1100 is very coveted, we loved it! Amazing view, huge walk-in closet, wonderful stateroom, enjoy! (We only heard a cart above rolling for about a minute one night. And there's virtually no foot traffic back there).

Good for you! I have heard that also....which sailing are you on?

September 25 - October 2

We are very excited as this will be our first time on the Serenade :)

We're in 1084 in two weeks. It looks like it's right below a space with no seating according to cruisedeckplans so hopefully there's minmal noise. I've never been on a Radiance class ship so I don't know for sure. Anyone else have any experience in 1084?

Not that it matters, though. I can't change it now and we're pretty used to lots of noise at 4am. We have a lot of trains that blow thier whistles at 4am for a crossing about 1/2 mile from our house. :(

Archived