What is a must see/do on Serenade?

I love many things about Serenade...

The open air eating area aft of the Windjammer is great...just keep walking until you run out of ship and are looking over the edge at the aft. :)

Coincidentally, the open air seating aft of the Windjammer is a nice place to sit at night and watch the wake of the ship disappear into the night. Thing is, after the windjammer is closed you can't walk through directly. You actually need to walk towards the aft on deck 12 and once you get all the way aft, you will see a staircase that will take you down to the now virtually private area aft of Windjammer.

On your way aft on deck 12 towards those stairs to the windjammer, you will pass the Seaview Cafe on the Starboard side of the ship. Here is another jem of a location to find some tasty food at different hours of the day. As I recall, the schedule changed from day to day so check the compass for the times it is open. They serve things like burgers, deli sandwiches, chicken fingers/wings.

I love the mid-ship elevators that face out to sea. Take them all the way to the top deck and look for the cows....

The helipad at the bow is a great place to be while getting into or leaving port. Go out onto the outside promenade on deck 5 and walk all the way forward until you reach a staircase. Walk up those stairs and you'll be at the helipad.

The promenade deck 5 is also a nice place to find a chair and watch the sea go by on sea days. If you're like me, you might appreciate the covered deck allowing for lots of shade...or a place to sit outside even when it's raining.

Oh, and if you look at my avatar, this was a picture taken on Serenade. See if you can find the location where i took the picture. :)

I love Serenade and hope you will too!

Just came off of serenade on sunday and the above is all true!!!

The Serenade and her staff is pretty impeccable. Best all around cruiseship and staff we have ever had.

I totally agree! Enjoy the wonderful ocean views from all areas of the ship. Also, there is a pasta making demonstration in Portofino on the sea day. Details are in my review below. We really enjoyed Chops too. The chocolate mud pie there is delicious!

Enjoy my fave ship. You'll have a great time.

Enjoy the beautiful Serenade and her three acres of glass. Check out the relaxing Solarium and the view from the Viking Crown Lounge. The Schooner Bar is a great spot (trivia games there too, check the daily Compass). Love the Seaview Cafe and the filet at Chops, and try your skill on the innovative self-leveling billiard tables. You're in for a great cruise!

Just came off of serenade on sunday and the above is all true!!!

HEY BERMUDAGAL!!!!

Did you, by any chance, keep the Daily Compasses from your trip???

We are doing a Back-2-Back in a couple of weeks on the Serenade, and would love to see the activities / entertainment ahead of time. Is there any way you could post them or send them to me???? My email is dhaden@grandecom.net.

Thanks in advance!!

The cows are pretty interesting. If you don't know where they are keep looking up. :D

In the Congo Bar area of teh Safari Club, after hours, look out the aft facing windows at the churn from the propellers and the waking trailing away. Especially if bright moonlit night. An amazing view.

i loved the solarium- esp on port days when the ship was empty

also i loved sitting in the centrum area before dinner and listening to the music.

schooner bar is really nice- played a lot of trivia there.

the serenade is my favorite ship- all the glass-

we did a b2bon the serenade in november- it was so nice to not have to get off the ship and go thru customs on turn-a-round day. my dh took our sea pass cards to the gangway- clocked us out and came back inside. when we did a b2b on voyager in feb. we had to get off go thru customs and get back on- took over two hrs.

Even if you don't play, don't miss the self-leveling pool tables just past the Schooner Bar, expcially if the ship is doing a lot of moving. It is remarkable! The Champagne bar has hot hors d' oevers from 5 PM till about 8 PM each evening. That is also a specialty martini "happy hour" there. And the view is beautiful from the Champagne bar....as it is almost all over this beautiful ship.

On formal nights, I think it's a treat to sip Champagne before at the Champagne Bar and watch everyone walk by all dressed up for dinner. For both of our last formal nights, many of the senior staff were in the bar visiting with passengers. Head of hotel, staff captain, F&B manager. One night Captain Karin came by. She was so gracious greeting passengers and stopping to chat.

All of the above.

The Windjammer outdoor seating for breakfast is a highlight for us, as is the Seaview Cafe.

Also, specifically, the Solarium at high noon when the sun is straight overhead. It is more beautiful at this moment. The water is way too warm though.

Pictures may not be worth a thousand words, but it has to be close to that...

Night-time sailaway from San Juan:

41a5295e.jpg

Outdoor seating at the back of the Windjammer:

c5ce6de8.jpg

f3b45b68.jpg

b6ee59d1.jpg

Enclosed table tennis area:

4700f1d7.jpg

Seaview Cafe:

0658296e.jpg

Many many more photos in my review, linked in my signature, along with cruise compasses. Our favorite ship so far!

I

Coincidentally, the open air seating aft of the Windjammer is a nice place to sit at night and watch the wake of the ship disappear into the night. Thing is, after the windjammer is closed you can't walk through directly. You actually need to walk towards the aft on deck 12 and once you get all the way aft, you will see a staircase that will take you down to the now virtually private area aft of Windjammer.

On your way aft on deck 12 towards those stairs to the windjammer, you will pass the Seaview Cafe on the Starboard side of the ship. Here is another jem of a location to find some tasty food at different hours of the day.

I concur with the above but to the OP: be careful up there especially at night. If the ship is making 15-16 knots it gets pretty darn windy up there!

You will enjoy the sensational Serenade OTS!

Mini golf around midnight going 17mph and with 7 foot waves. Now that is FUN! The balls roll by themselves!

You ever try that with a few drinks in you? It gets even more exciting!

Here's another vote for the outdoor seating in the back of the Windjammer. I loved sitting out there for breakfast every day and feel the breeze blowing as we ate...love it!! I also love the elevators that look out to sea but I have to say my favorite, favorite place on Serenade was on our aft balcony!!! Cannot wait for our B2B on her next January!! We have only been on a few cruises but the Serenade is my husband and my favorite ship and the Southern Caribbean itinerary is our favorite itinerary too!

we r sailing in March next year and I was wondering what time the Windjammer opened. Basically for the noise issues. Will we hear much in the early morning hours or late at night. Thanks

we had a jr suite under the windjammer on the serenade- and the noise was horrible- constantly being woken up around midnight and again around 4:00 as they were taking down and setting up- we complained several times but nothing could be done.

we have had a jr suite under the windjammer on voyager and never heard noise from the windjammer.

i think it is the way the windjammer is set up on the serenade- less carpet and different food stations- not the cafeteria style lines like on the voyager.

Here's another vote for the outdoor seating in the back of the Windjammer. I loved sitting out there for breakfast every day and feel the breeze blowing as we ate...love it!! I also love the elevators that look out to sea but I have to say my favorite, favorite place on Serenade was on our aft balcony!!! Cannot wait for our B2B on her next January!! We have only been on a few cruises but the Serenade is my husband and my favorite ship and the Southern Caribbean itinerary is our favorite itinerary too!

These glass elevators sound amazing, do you or anyone else have any pics taken in the elevator looking out?I googled it but couldn't find any....

p.s all these answers are getting me even more excited for the cruise!:D

Archived