Labadee - Changes since 2007?

Cruise Fam 4

We're hoping to find out what changes have occurred on Labadee since 2007 and following the addition of the dock. My daughter specifically would like to know if the big slide is still there. :) Looking for all things Labadee as this is always a highlight. Thanks!

The dock is where Hideaway beach used to be. Barefoot beach is now for suite pax only. You have to show your gold card to get in. RCI has "created" more beach on the open ocean side. There is a "tender" that takes you to Columbus beach if you don't wish to walk. There are cabanas to rent at Barefoot that, if they are not all taken by suite folks, may be open to rent to others not in suites.

I don't believe that the big slide is still there, but there have been lots of changes since 2007. There is an aquapark, but I don't think that the big slide is still there.

The biggest change is that Haiti is suffering even more now with the earthquake, cholera, famine and devastating poverty.

We're hoping to find out what changes have occurred on Labadee since 2007 and following the addition of the dock. My daughter specifically would like to know if the big slide is still there. :) Looking for all things Labadee as this is always a highlight. Thanks!

I don't recall the slide but Labadee has been almost completely redone since then.

The biggest change is that Haiti is suffering even more now with the earthquake, cholera, famine and devastating poverty.

That is tangential to the question. Labadee did not suffer from the earthquake, has no cholera or famine etc. It is walled off and isolated from all that.

That is tangential to the question. Labadee did not suffer from the earthquake, has no cholera or famine etc. It is walled off and isolated from all that.

You are right -- Labadee is the Disney World of Haiti and nothing close to the reality of that suffering nation.

You are right -- Labadee is the Disney World of Haiti and nothing close to the reality of that suffering nation.

While I agree with this statement, what are you trying to accomplish here?

Do you want Royal Caribbean to be doing more? Or do you want them to abandon Haiti?

Do you want people to skip Labadee and volunteer in Haiti? Or maybe just donate their vacation funds to Haitian relief?

Or are you just trying to make people feel guilty?

The slide was there in 2009, but probably not now. We are planning our excursions for our cruise this August and when I went to the excursions available to us in Haiti, the slide was no longer an option only the aquapark. Our kids will certainly miss it. :(

Archived