Maasdam- best inside room?

Brewgirl1

There are "standard" insides and "large" insides. The large are larger than the standard (natch).

Most of the "large" insides are identical to each other, and all are quite spacious. There are a few "large" insides which are oriented fore to aft, instead of port to starboard. Those cabins are larger than the others, and are most generous in size.

You should be aware, however, that there are a couple of potential disadvantages to these cabins. One is that there is no curtain to block the view from the passageway. One needs to be careful that no one is "indecent" when opening the door. The other potential disadvantage is that the bathroom opens directly to the cabin. The light shining out in the middle of the night can awaken another.

"Best" is in the eye of the beholder. Location matters a lot to some, less so to others.

I have to agree with 'Ruth C' ---- I had one of the forward 'fore to aft' insides on the Main deck on my recent Maasdam cruise. They are considerably larger than the standard insides, with the disadvantages that Ruth outlined!

Not Ruth, but we've stayed in that cabin and have that cabin booked on Veendam. DH says we shouldn't give away how fantastic we believe that cabin to be. Oops! I just did! Enjoy it, if you book it.

It has the disadvantages RuthC mentioned, but we love the room and are willing to overlook these drawbacks. BTW, we always book the inside cabins. To date, we've never had a privacy curtain.

Hi Ruth,

We just booked our first inside cabin since 1982.....414 on the Maasdam for next year....we decided take more cruises in smaller diggs or cruise every other year or so in a veranda...so we will save the balconies for special cruises and go more often....anyway the reason we chose this room is that the biggest veranda of all is just out our door a few steps on the Promenade...Have you stayed on this deck before in this class of ship? I think it will be wonderful as we will be on the Dam ship!!! thanks for the input you always give....hope to meet you on one of the dam ships sometime!

Hi Ruth,

We just booked our first inside cabin since 1982.....414 on the Maasdam for next year....we decided take more cruises in smaller diggs or cruise every other year or so in a veranda...so we will save the balconies for special cruises and go more often....anyway the reason we chose this room is that the biggest veranda of all is just out our door a few steps on the Promenade...Have you stayed on this deck before in this class of ship? I think it will be wonderful as we will be on the Dam ship!!! thanks for the input you always give....hope to meet you on one of the dam ships sometime!

My sentiments exactly! We've always had a verandah...last cruise we had a verandah suite (so got double days credit!), but our next two are in outsides...I'm working our way down from there! Our recent Maasdam cruise was so port intensive and we were so close to the SeaView Pool that we hardly ever used the verandah.

We're going to be in 549 on our upcoming Voyage of the Vikings cruise Ruth. Have you ever been in that room?

No, I've never stayed in that room. Looks to be a really nice location, though. It appears that your questions have pretty well been answered---it's one of the fore/aft oriented cabins.

Bring a flashlight for those middle of the nights forays, and you won't need to turn on the bathroom light.

Have a great time on this cruise. You know it's one of my favorites.

...Have you stayed on this deck before in this class of ship?

I stayed a couple of cabins forward of yours, port side, on the Maasdam. I found it real quiet back there, except when we were docking. It was time to get up anyway. :rolleyes: There's no traffic back there.

It's also easy to go out that back door when you want to be on "your" veranda. Easy getting to/from your muster station, too. No need to fight the crowds at the other doors.

Have a great cruise.

No, I've never stayed in that room. Looks to be a really nice location, though. It appears that your questions have pretty well been answered---it's one of the fore/aft oriented cabins.

Bring a flashlight for those middle of the nights forays, and you won't need to turn on the bathroom light.

Have a great time on this cruise. You know it's one of my favorites.

Thanks! Come with us!...or come on the 45 day Atlantic Adventurer on Oct 28. I'm doing that solo.

And thanks for the heads-up about being careful when opening and closing the door in case the other person in the room is not fully dressed. We wouldn't want to "scare the horses"! :D

And thanks for the heads-up about being careful when opening and closing the door in case the other person in the room is not fully dressed. We wouldn't want to "scare the horses"! :D

Just remember that works in both directions!

My husband used to be ok when he left the cabin, usually because I was there reminding him to close the curtain, or giving me a chance to duck and cover.

But coming back in :eek:.

Sorry, I can't come. :( I'm on the Prinsendam in June, which is really too soon after my last cruise, and am going on the Zuiderdam in December. That's 60 days at sea this year! :D

I'd like to sail with you again someday, though.

Archived