Waitlisted for MTD

Just booked a 4-day on Majesty. Unable to get MTD but was waitlisted. I presently have 8:30pm dinner time. I have a few questions:

1 - We are a family of 5. Are we more or less likely to be seated with others at dinner?

2 - What time are the shows? I think I have read that there are 2 shows to accomodate all, but was told today that there is one show in between the early and late seating. Which is correct, or does it depend on the day?

3 - What are the chances that MTD will open up? (2 months till sailing). Anyone able to switch their dining time around after being waitlisted?

I definitely did not want the early seating, but had MTD last year and always had reservations for 7 or 7:30pm. Worked great for us!

Thanks!

Just booked a 4-day on Majesty. Unable to get MTD but was waitlisted. I presently have 8:30pm dinner time. I have a few questions:

1 - We are a family of 5. Are we more or less likely to be seated with others at dinner?

2 - What time are the shows? I think I have read that there are 2 shows to accomodate all, but was told today that there is one show in between the early and late seating. Which is correct, or does it depend on the day?

3 - What are the chances that MTD will open up? (2 months till sailing). Anyone able to switch their dining time around after being waitlisted?

I definitely did not want the early seating, but had MTD last year and always had reservations for 7 or 7:30pm. Worked great for us!

Thanks!

Regarding the shows, the first night usually has one show, between dinner seatings. I've been told by multiple cruise directors that attendance is usually lower on the first night, so they only need one show. You would most likely miss the first night's show if you were dining at 7:30. The other nights usually have 2 shows.

Sorry, no experience with MTD, but if you are not able to get the dining option you want, go see the Maitre D' once you're on board They usually do a good job trying to accommodate requests.

Thanks!

Hi. We were waitlisted for MTD on the Vision last month. As soon as we boarded we went to the MTD desk and asked if we could switch from the late seating to MTD and it was fine. We got on board fairly early though, just after 12pm, so I imagine we would have been some of the first to ask to change when they still had space. Good luck! :)

Hi. We were waitlisted for MTD on the Vision last month. As soon as we boarded we went to the MTD desk and asked if we could switch from the late seating to MTD and it was fine. We got on board fairly early though, just after 12pm, so I imagine we would have been some of the first to ask to change when they still had space. Good luck! :)

This is my plan for our Mariner cruise. Hoping for good news.

Thanks!

We always choose assigned dining at 8:30 for our family. It gives you more time to relax after a day in port. You should specify before the cruise that you wish to have a table for 5. We have a family of four and always get our own table. That should not be a problem.

As for the shows, we never miss the ones we want to see because they are usually scheduled at times that would allow you to make the show whether you have an early seating or late seating.

Finally, assigned dining usally means much better service because your servers really make an effort to get to know you because they are assigned to your table all week. And you are never waiting for a table, unlike My Time Dining. Have fun!

We always choose assigned dining at 8:30 for our family. It gives you more time to relax after a day in port. You should specify before the cruise that you wish to have a table for 5. We have a family of four and always get our own table. That should not be a problem. And you are never waiting for a table, unlike My Time Dining. Have fun!

I wish the late seating was 8:30. Our Mariner Med cruise is at 9:30. Just too late for us. :(

Finally, assigned dining usally means much better service because your servers really make an effort to get to know you because they are assigned to your table all week. And you are never waiting for a table, unlike My Time Dining. Have fun!

Please recognize that there is a big difference between "usually" and "always". In MTD, you can often get the same service staff but even if you don't it does seem that the quality of most of the servers in MTD is exceptional. If you review the reports on MTD, you will find very few instances where anyone had to wait an appreciable amount of time for a table and if you choose to make specific reservations in MTD you should not have to wait for your table.

Don't confuse RCI's MTD with Princess' Anytime Dining with its beepers, refusal to take reservations for peak times, and lengthy wait lists for traditional dining. We have experienced both and found that RCI' s system works much better.:)

Archived