Oasis Boarding Time

We received our docs for our May 28th sailing, and it states that our boarding time is not until 2:00. However, I have seen posts which say people board as early as 11:30. I'm just a little confused on what time we can board the ship. Any advice would be appreciated.

We received our docs for our May 28th sailing, and it states that our boarding time is not until 2:00. However, I have seen posts which say people board as early as 11:30. I'm just a little confused on what time we can board the ship. Any advice would be appreciated.

Those posts are correct.

I think what it really means is that your room won't be ready until 2pm. You can usually board once they have everyone else off the boat from the previous sailing, you just won't have access to your room.

No, that's not what it means.

Royal Caribbean always puts that on their documents. (Only Harold Camping knows why :rolleyes:)

In general, unless there is a problem with the previous cruise, or an outbreak of norovirus, cabins are ready and accessible to passengers at 1 p.m.

and we were on at 11:30. Got in cabins at 1pm as previous poster had said. They put that on the docs so that the inexperienced cruisers wait til 2 b/c they know there will be people like us who get there early and it's not a madrush.

Hi, I have been on Oasis and Allure of the Seas. You can board as soon as the all clear from the previous week is done. They need to make sure everyone is accounted for crew and pax alike. Everyone must be off the ship (Pax). Then you will begin the boarding of the ship usually starting around 11:30 am (sometimes a little before if possible). Then the rooms open at 1pm (usually there is an anoun cement that the rooms are open for your use).

Here is how you should approach this morning of the cruise. Arrive at port by say 11am. Go through the doors (Suite pax have their own door). Then go through security. Find out which deck your room is on and go to that counter (lots of info and directions inside so you won't get lost). This is where you hand in your Sea Pass form that you printed out last week (do it at least 1 week before you leave and sign it). Show your ID here too (passport is best). They will give you your ID back and your Sea Pass card (this is your room key and on board credit card for the trip.). You can stop and have a picture taken for your boarding/start pic. Then you go up stairs and wait in the area you will be directed to until the ship opens up for boarding. When the all clear is given they will start with the pax on B2B and the Suites then the Pin and Diamond+ ect (done by levels since you are new you are in the lowest level gold).

You will board on Deck 5. Here you can choose where you wish to eat lunch, ie Windjammer (deck 16) Sorrento's (right across from where you board). Park Café (Deck 8) There are other places too. You could go hop in the pool now it you want or go to the Solarium (adults only area). The idea is to relax until your room opens up at 1pm.

This is the time to book anything you forgot to or to change anything (Deck 3 Ice Rink). If you want to see the table you booked for dinner go to deck 4 and see Maitr'd, also great time to inform them of food problems (allergies, diabetic, low salt ect.)

Then at 4:30 you will have your Mustard Dill. After that it is party time.

You should bring a carry-on with you that has any and all meds you need and sunblock. A bathing suit is recommended too.

Edited by CaptData

No, that's not what it means.

Royal Caribbean always puts that on their documents. (Only Harold Camping knows why :rolleyes:)

In general, unless there is a problem with the previous cruise, or an outbreak of norovirus, cabins are ready and accessible to passengers at 1 p.m.

I'm not sure why you say that isn't what it means. Did someone actually tell you otherwise? Hotels also give you check in times but they will let you come early and give you a room as soon as one is avaible. I've checked in as early as 8am at a hotel that said 3pm for check in.

I'm pretty certain that the 2pm is the documented time they say the room will be ready for you. They just let everyone on early (and into rooms early) if they have the capacity to do so.

I'm not sure why you say that isn't what it means. Did someone actually tell you otherwise? Hotels also give you check in times but they will let you come early and give you a room as soon as one is avaible. I've checked in as early as 8am at a hotel that said 3pm for check in.

I'm pretty certain that the 2pm is the documented time they say the room will be ready for you. They just let everyone on early (and into rooms early) if they have the capacity to do so.

Probably because they have cruised RCI before. As you have cruised Carnival before but not RCI yet.

I'm not sure why you say that isn't what it means. Did someone actually tell you otherwise?...

Hi Sherilyn,

Couple of things to gently correct you about. I have sailed RCI many times and have been on Oasis, the ship OP is inquiring about. We got to the pier by noon and were walking onto the ship 22 minutes later (very efficient check-in process at the new terminal). Indeed, boarding starts around 11:30 but not much earlier than that. The cabins are ready at 1 pm. This is the "standard" time, the time the cabins have been ready every time we've sailed, the time the fire doors to the hallways are unlocked and passengers have access to the rooms. There is no way you can just "slip into" your room to put your things down. They do not allow it, and for good reason I think. When we sailed on Princess, our room was ready when we boarded (very nice), but on RCI, ya gotta wait it out. ;)

The 2:00 boarding time is a standard time the documents say, so as to "spread out" the passengers. RCI knows that some will be at the pier at 9 am, and others will arrive 93 minutes priopr to sailing. The 2 pm time is a way of "splitting" that time, if you will, so passengers will be more spread out in their arrival times and this means less congestion and frustration for everyone.

1:00 is the time for cabins, unless something unforeseen comes up. They do not let you in early... not gonna happen. 1:00 is the magic hour. :)

The 2:00 boarding time is a standard time the documents say, so as to "spread out" the passengers. RCI knows that some will be at the pier at 9 am, and others will arrive 93 minutes priopr to sailing. The 2 pm time is a way of "splitting" that time, if you will, so passengers will be more spread out in their arrival times and this means less congestion and frustration for everyone.

In other words... what I said was correct then. That is exactly why hotels also say 3pm. That is the room guarantee time, not the time you can actually get on board or get your room. :) I don't have to have sailed on RCI before to understand how reservations and check-in times work for travel.

Edited by sherilyn70

Every doc you've ever received says that

In other words... what I said was correct then. That is exactly why hotels also say 3pm. That is the room guarantee time, not the time you can actually get on board or get your room.

Sorry, maybe the problem is semantics here. It's really not all that difficult or important. Just know that you can usually board by 11:30 am, enjoy lunch onboard, check out the ship, take some great pictures without a thousand people in your shot, and so on. What you cannot do is get to your cabin before 1:00 pm.

You (well, all of us here) are one of the few who cruises who reads these boards and who knows you can board earlier. Many people who do not know actually do get to the pier for 2 pm. Consider yourselves lucky to be onboard long before then. :)

They just let everyone on early (and into rooms early) if they have the capacity to do so.

Hi Sherilyn,

Couple of things to gently correct you about.

1:00 is the time for cabins, unless something unforeseen comes up. They do not let you in early... not gonna happen. 1:00 is the magic hour. :)

Sherilyn, this is the main point that never happens early. We also have cruised many times with RCI and you can't even get down the halls of the rooms till 1:00pm. As Langley Cruisers states, the fire doors are closed to the rooms and not opened until 1:00pm ship time. The 2:00pm boarding time is standard. Keep in mind it is only a possibility to board earlier, not a guarantee, although most of the time once the ship clears customs boarding starts sometime between 11:00am to 12:00pm. If their is a problem boarding may not start until later.

Sherilyn, this is the main point that never happens early. We also have cruised many times with RCI and you can't even get down the halls of the rooms till 1:00pm. As Langley Cruisers states, the fire doors are closed to the rooms and not opened until 1:00pm ship time. The 2:00pm boarding time is standard. Keep in mind it is only a possibility to board earlier, not a guarantee, although most of the time once the ship clears customs boarding starts sometime between 11:00am to 12:00pm. If their is a problem boarding may not start until later.

Which continues to back up my point, lol.

Thanks. :)

You can be certain as much as you want as it´s still an opinion and not a fact.

The truth however is the documents make a statement about boarding time no more no less and certainly not about rooms being ready.

The 2pm boarding time is usually a recommendation and they put it rather later than early to keep people from complaining if something happens and they are not ready at 11:00am as mostly.

I however know for certain from experience the 2pm is not always on the docs. I had docs with various boarding times (from RCI) including one set stating boarding at noon. Guess what it was not the time the cabins were ready. The cabins still were ready at 1pm as usual.

And I´m sure you will twist my words as everyones else and claim I just backed up your point as well:rolleyes: I´m always glad to help:p

I give up. :cool: :D Sherilyn, I hope you will just relax a bit and enjoy your RCI cruise. They are a great line, our favorite to date, and we look forward to many more years with them.

The 2pm boarding time is usually a recommendation and they put it rather later than early to keep people from complaining if something happens and they are not ready at 11:00am...

Yes, that's probably it in a nutshell, isn't it. Well stated. :)

Thanks. :)

I have been cruising for over 25 years and the cruise lines have always started the boarding process before noon unless there is a hold up which is unusual. Not sure why you want to argue with everyone on this board.:rolleyes:

To the OP, have cruised the Oasis twice and a B2B on Allure, we arrived at the port at 10:30 and were checked in at that time. The earliest thatthey started for us on the Oasis was 11:10. The latest was 11:30.

I have been cruising for over 25 years and the cruise lines have always started the boarding process before noon unless there is a hold up which is unusual. Not sure why you want to argue with everyone on this board.:rolleyes:

I suspect you haven't actually read the entire thread. I never said you couldn't board early. I never said you didn't get the rooms earlier than 2pm. all I said was that that is what they use as the room guarantee time on the documents as the official check in time (like hotels do) and was told I was wrong(see post #4). That is what the debate is over... not about the times but the fact that someone rudely said "no, that's not what it means" and then it was taken even further by saying it's because I'm not an RCI veteran, lol. The entire time everyone has stated what I said about boarding and room times but instead only decided to read the "you're wrong" part and decided I must have said something different.

Edited by sherilyn70

I suspect you haven't actually read the entire thread. I never said you couldn't board early. I never said you didn't get the rooms earlier than 2pm. all I said was that that is what they use as the room guarantee time on the documents as the official check in time (like hotels do) and was told I was wrong(see post #4). That is what the debate is over... not about the times but the fact that someone rudely said "no, that's not what it means" and then it was taken even further by saying it's because I'm not an RCI veteran, lol. The entire time everyone has stated what I said about boarding and room times but instead only decided to read the "you're wrong" part and decided I must have said something different.

I did read the entire post and you're the one that missed it all together. The OP asked what time they could board the ship? Not the time printed on their cruise documents. The correct answer was given by many on this board.

Edited by cruisingator2

I did read the entire post and you're the one that missed it all together. The OP asked what time they could board the ship? Not the time printed on their cruise documents. The correct answer was given by many on this board.

I at no point told people they couldn't board earlier. All I did was explain why the document says one thing but then others report a different experience. The documents are not wrong. However it is common practice with all hotels/resorts/cruise lines to let people in early if they are able to.

Sometimes people like to actually understand why something is the way it is rather than just be given blind answers. Apparently that is lost on many of you with so many posts here that you seem to have lost touch with the fact that some people actually want to learn instead of just being fed answers with no explanation.

I think what it really means is that your room won't be ready until 2pm. You can usually board once they have everyone else off the boat from the previous sailing, you just won't have access to your room.

This was your first post. The rooms are available at 1pm.

Then in this post your second paragraph. The 2pm on the documents is boarding time. It never says anything about rooms or when rooms are available. It is not a "room guarantee time" as you state. They never let you into the rooms early, it is 1pm period.

So we are not backing up your point as you seem to be so happy to state. We keep trying to show you, maybe you should read your prior posts.

I'm asking you to actually show a statement from RCI then to show that rooms are always available at 1pm. I doubt you'll find that. All people are doing is reporting personal experience and not actual facts about what the guarantee is. As I've said before, every hotel I've ever checked into states "check in time is 3pm" yet I've checked in anywhere from 8am - 2pm and rarely after 3pm. It's a courtesy, plain and simple and shouldn't be taken as a fact even if it does happen 99% of the time.

This was your first post. The rooms are available at 1pm.

Then in this post your second paragraph. The 2pm on the documents is boarding time. It never says anything about rooms or when rooms are available. It is not a "room guarantee time" as you state. They never let you into the rooms early, it is 1pm period.

So we are not backing up your point as you seem to be so happy to state. We keep trying to show you, maybe you should read your prior posts.

Best to give up. She doesn't get it and will argue until she proves she is correct. I guess two cruises on Carnival makes one an RCI expert. :rolleyes: Go figure.

As I've said before, every hotel I've ever checked into states "check in time is 3pm"...

Not sure why you keep coming back to the hotel scenario. A cruise ship is not the same as a hotel; like we said, the rooms are ready across the board at 1 pm (barring unforeseen circumstances, of course). No hotel will tell you that, as some guests elect a late check-out in a hotel. As you know, on a cruise ship, they want you out of your cabin by at least 8 am, across the board.

Best to give up. She doesn't get it and will argue until she proves she is correct. I guess two cruises on Carnival makes one an RCI expert. :rolleyes: Go figure.

Heehee... I've actually taken this on as a bit of a challenge now! LOL! :D:D:D