Oasis Boarding Time

Best to give up. She doesn't get it and will argue until she proves she is correct. I guess two cruises on Carnival makes one an RCI expert. :rolleyes: Go figure.

She will see she is wrong when she tries to go to her room before 1pm and the fire doors are closed with a sign stating rooms will be available at 1pm. It's a cruise ship, not a hotel. Hotels do not have the entire building vacated on one day and the housekeeping staff turn all of the rooms to be reading for the next guests.

I found this about boarding on RCI site. I will find the room available time.

: When can I board the ship?

A: The boarding time for your ship and sailing date is specified in your Guest Vacation Documents. Please do not plan on arriving at the pier prior to the specified time as the ship will not be ready to board guests.

Due to new government regulations requiring cruise lines to submit final departure manifests at least 60 minutes prior to sailing, guests are requested to complete Online Check-in no later than 3 days prior to their cruise. If you do not complete Online Check-in 3 days prior, you will be required to complete this process at the pier at least two hours prior to the published sailing time. Please note: All guests must be checked-in and onboard the ship no later than 90 minutes prior to the published sailing time or you will not be permitted to sail.

Heehee... I've actually taken this on as a bit of a challenge now! LOL! :D:D:D

Then take on my challenge... find me an official statement from RCI that the rooms will always be ready at 1pm. :)

Just because you've cruised with them before doesn't make you any more knowledgable then I am about policies and how things work. It just means you have more personal experiences to make assumptions off of. And we know what happens when people assume. :)

Edited by sherilyn70

She will see she is wrong when she tries to go to her room before 1pm and the fire doors are closed with a sign stating rooms will be available at 1pm.

Where did I ever suggest I might be able to get to my room before 1pm? All I stated was that it could be before 2pm and that 2pm is only the guarantee time. I'm not sure why you aren't understanding that point... other than you don't want to. :)

Hi all, we're also sailing on Oasis on May 28th & also found it interesting that the docs state that boarding time is 2pm when boarding actually begins between 11-11:30 am. I'm glad that sunshine! brought up this topic. At first I thought that the documents were made specifically for us, as we're not getting into Ft Lauderdale until 1:30pm. I thought that RCI figured it wouldn't make sense to tell someone that boarding was earlier than when they were arriving. But our flight was not booked through RCI. The travel agent told us that this is what is printed on all docs for everyone.

I did happen to catch the show "Extreme Cruise Ship" on the Oasis on Planet Green last week. The one thing that they mentioned is that they get the majority of passengers (about 4,000) boarding between 11:00am-1:30pm & that it's not as busy at the pier the rest of the afternoon. Granted the show was shot in 2010, so maybe things are different this year. They did say that they pretty much start boarding once all pax from the previous cruise are off the ship.

I did sail on Liberty in April, 2008, but I don't recall what the documents stated concerning boarding times. I know that we were there earlier & the rooms were not ready after we had boarded.

Can't wait until Saturday!

Then take on my challenge... find me an official statement from RCI that the rooms will always be ready at 1pm. :)

There isn't one. No one in this entire thread ever said that 1 pm is the "official" time for cabins. I (and others) said it was "standard" (meaning "usual", "recognized"or "common", and I stipulated that only if there were no unforseen circumstances).

I find I've actually lost track of what it is you're trying to say because you've made several contradictory statements within this thread. :confused:

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your cruise, after all of this. What time do you intend on arriving at the pier to board? Curious. :)

I think what it really means is that your room won't be ready until 2pm. You can usually board once they have everyone else off the boat from the previous sailing, you just won't have access to your room.

Just because you've cruised with them before doesn't make you any more knowledgable then I am about policies and how things work. It just means you have more personal experiences to make assumptions off of. And we know what happens when people assume. :)

mad0228.gif the docs say absolutely nothing regarding room accessibility. Your first post is an assumption. Why do you insist on some "truth" that is clearly of your own making/interpretation?

Where did I ever suggest I might be able to get to my room before 1pm? All I stated was that it could be before 2pm and that 2pm is only the guarantee time. I'm not sure why you aren't understanding that point... other than you don't want to. :)

You are not understanding our point. The 2pm has nothing to do with when your room is available. It is not a hotel. The 2pm is the standard boarding time printed on all documents, depending on where your cruise is leaving from.

Perhaps you may understand it this way:

• The documents do indicate boarding time is 2:00pm.
  • Most ships leave at about 5:00, shortly after the muster drill. The muster drill usually occurs after everyone checks in and is on board.
  • New regulations indicate that you must be on board 90 minutes before the ship sets sail.
  • For discussion you must then be on board by 3:30.
  • If everyone arrived at the port at 2:00pm "boarding time", the port would be a mad house trying to get everyone on board by 3:30.

My take on this is that 2:00 is the latest you can arrive at the port to ensure being able to get to the ship on time.

Again, it is the latest, not the earliest to ensure your getting on the ship.

As for written documentation that the rooms are ready at l:00 pm. I have not seen it in writing. However, each and every time I have boarded the ship - always before noon. (DH and I always arrive at the port by 10:30 am) the employees who greet us upon entering state: Go have some lunch in the Windjammer. You may access your rooms at 1:00.

I do not have to see it in writing - I believe the word of the ship employees.

You are not understanding our point. The 2pm has nothing to do with when your room is available. It is not a hotel. The 2pm is the standard boarding time printed on all documents, depending on where your cruise is leaving from.

It's funny you should say that. Tonight I was watching the show Extreme Cruiseships and they specifically referred to someone as being a part of "hotel services". This is a hotel room on a ship as far as a business model is concerned.

Also on their website: Lisa Bauer is currently Senior Vice President, Hotel Operations for Royal Caribbean International. In her current role, Bauer oversees the line's hotel services, food and beverage, onboard revenue and entertainment areas

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/ourCompany/ourLeadership.do?name=Lisa+Bauer

You can also search for jobs on their website at http://www.royalcareersatsea.com/ and one of the departments is Hotel Management. They are currently looking for an Associate Hotel Director.

"We are currently searching for Associate Hotel Directors to join our team! This position is a four month onboard contract consisting of two months as Food and Beverage manager, and two months as acting Hotel Director. "

Edited by sherilyn70

It's funny you should say that. Tonight I was watching the show Extreme Cruiseships and they specifically referred to someone as being a part of "hotel services". This is a hotel room on a ship as far as a business model is concerned.

Also on their website: Lisa Bauer is currently Senior Vice President, Hotel Operations for Royal Caribbean International. In her current role, Bauer oversees the line's hotel services, food and beverage, onboard revenue and entertainment areas

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/ourCompany/ourLeadership.do?name=Lisa+Bauer

You can also search for jobs on their website at http://www.royalcareersatsea.com/ and one of the departments is Hotel Management. They are currently looking for an Associate Hotel Director.

"We are currently searching for Associate Hotel Directors to join our team! This position is a four month onboard contract consisting of two months as Food and Beverage manager, and two months as acting Hotel Director. "

Again, you have twisted the words to suit your statements. I say it's not a hotel and mean this as, you can't check in and go to your room even though you have been able to check in early, as you have stated you have done at hotels. You pick out one small sentence and feel that we are agreeing with you. Like I find with most people, you only read what you want to.

Again, you have twisted the words to suit your statements. I say it's not a hotel and mean this as, you can't check in and go to your room even though you have been able to check in early, as you have stated you have done at hotels. You pick out one small sentence and feel that we are agreeing with you. Like I find with most people, you only read what you want to.

What in the world do you mean you aren't checking in? Of course you are. You are checking in early by being allowed on the boat before the room is ready. You are given a key to your room, you just can't access it yet.

Pratice what you preach. You are only reading what you want to. You couldn't possible admit I might be right.

Perhaps you may understand it this way:

• The documents do indicate boarding time is 2:00pm.
  • Most ships leave at about 5:00, shortly after the muster drill. The muster drill usually occurs after everyone checks in and is on board.
  • New regulations indicate that you must be on board 90 minutes before the ship sets sail.
  • For discussion you must then be on board by 3:30.
  • If everyone arrived at the port at 2:00pm "boarding time", the port would be a mad house trying to get everyone on board by 3:30.

My take on this is that 2:00 is the latest you can arrive at the port to ensure being able to get to the ship on time.

Again, it is the latest, not the earliest to ensure your getting on the ship.

As for written documentation that the rooms are ready at l:00 pm. I have not seen it in writing. However, each and every time I have boarded the ship - always before noon. (DH and I always arrive at the port by 10:30 am) the employees who greet us upon entering state: Go have some lunch in the Windjammer. You may access your rooms at 1:00.

I do not have to see it in writing - I believe the word of the ship employees.

Exactly.....

While I do not post often, this is exactly how we perceive it. We have always gotten to the port around 11:00 and were on board within 20 min or

so. You MUST be on board at least 90 min prior to sailing, why take the chance.

What in the world do you mean you aren't checking in? Of course you are. You are checking in early by being allowed on the boat before the room is ready. You are given a key to your room, you just can't access it yet.

Pratice what you preach. You are only reading what you want to. You couldn't possible admit I might be right.

Again, you are not reading the whole sentence. I said " I say it's not a hotel and mean this as, you can't check in and go to your room even though you have been able to check in early, as you have stated you have done at hotels."

I never said you are not checking in.

This thread is like a bad accident...I tried to look away but I just couldn't. Now I just wish I could just get back the 5 minutes or so of life I spend reading it.

Happy Monday, right!

As a single cruiser, I always got on board as early as possible. However my first cruise with a wife and child changed my mind a little.

We didn't particularly enjoy our first afternoon. The little one was tired but we couldn't get access to the room until 1PM, and the buffet was a total mad house. On the ship we were on, the pools and things weren't open either.

In retrospect I think it would have been better to arrive later, which is what I am considering for our Oasis cruise this fall. I was thinking we might stop for a relaxed lunch on the drive down from Tampa and plan to board sometime after 1PM when our room will be available.

However, I was wondering if most things on Oasis are operational on board while the ship is in port? For example, the pools, H2O zone kiddie stuff, etc?

Many thanks.

We received our docs for our May 28th sailing, and it states that our boarding time is not until 2:00. However, I have seen posts which say people board as early as 11:30. I'm just a little confused on what time we can board the ship. Any advice would be appreciated.

I haven't read your replies, but I know what most will say. Most people are able to get on around 11:30, which was the time I got on (maybe 11:45) on May 1st. My advice, get there at 11:00am, bring a book or magazine and get comfortable. If it takes longer, I'd rather be getting ready to get on a cruise ship than getting ready to go to work on Monday. I'll take every minute on the ship I can get, but not be overly concerned if I have to wait in the lounge an extra hour.

Edited by BillOh
typo

As a single cruiser, I always got on board as early as possible. However my first cruise with a wife and child changed my mind a little.

We didn't particularly enjoy our first afternoon. The little one was tired but we couldn't get access to the room until 1PM, and the buffet was a total mad house. On the ship we were on, the pools and things weren't open either.

Very valid points, but on Oasis there are other food options and the pools/flowrider/zip line is/are open.

Very valid points, but on Oasis there are other food options and the pools/flowrider/zip line is/are open.

Oh, cool! That will be really nice.... Given this info we'd definitely want to pack bathing suits in a carry on, something we never normally do.

(I'm not sure how quick the luggage arrives on Oasis but I've had to wait until after dinner before on other ships.)

Oh, cool! That will be really nice.... Given this info we'd definitely want to pack bathing suits in a carry on, something we never normally do.

(I'm not sure how quick the luggage arrives on Oasis but I've had to wait until after dinner before on other ships.)

Occasionally your baggage delivery is delayed, but we usually get it anywhere from 2 to 5. It CAN come later, but they have been amazingly fast lately.

I hope that I haven't jinxed myself! :eek: ;) :D

An even better idea with a wee one: Wear your bathing suits under your clothes! :)

Occasionally your baggage delivery is delayed, but we usually get it anywhere from 2 to 5. It CAN come later, but they have been amazingly fast lately.

I hope that I haven't jinxed myself! :eek: ;) :D

An even better idea with a wee one: Wear your bathing suits under your clothes! :)

One of our came by 2, the other came by 5 :D We managed to pack a whole weeks of clothing in 2 big suitcases (no formal wear). The port facilities at Port Everglades definitely has their act together. I remember when they first got Navigator at this port, they had trouble handling that class of ship, but they really have perfected how to load and unload these two.