Best Aqua Class Cabin

spkinva

Was any windowwashing thingy hanging outside 1552 cabin? - I want to change my regular size balcony for this one. Any input appreciated. Any noise in this room?

thank you

The cabin was very quiet. No noise from above at all. I would book this cabin again without question. Terrific balcony, and you have very little overhang. You also have a full view forward and aft, as the cabin is not set back at all. It is a very convenient location if you want to use the Aquaclass spa amenities.

Here are some detailed pictures of AQ1552 on the Solstice.

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/7051726_Pzoiv#P-1-15

The window-washing equipment (WWE) is actually parked in front of AQ1554, and is not always there, either, if it is being used further down the ship.

This is the view looking directly out of AQ1552. You cannot see the WWE if you are looking straight out from the room. When you go out on the balcony, you can see the WWE as you begin to approach the balcony railing. (Please see the small thumbnail...sorry that I can't find the larger picture at the moment). The WWE is in your line of sight from the balcony, and does interfere with any panoramic pictures that you may be trying to take. Either they moved the WWE after the first two days of our cruise, or it stopped bothering me. It definitely isn't in most of my pictures taken from the balcony.

451759896_DCzpX-L.jpg

935810998_Tfck9-L.jpg

The cabin was very quiet. No noise from above at all. I would book this cabin again without question. Terrific balcony, and you have very little overhang. You also have a full view forward and aft, as the cabin is not set back at all. It is a very convenient location if you want to use the Aquaclass spa amenities.

The window-washing equipment (WWE) is actually parked in front of AQ1554, and is not always there, either, if it is being used further down the ship.

This is the view looking directly out of AQ1552. You cannot see the WWE if you are looking straight out from the room. When you go out on the balcony, you can see the WWE as you begin to approach the balcony railing. (Please see the small thumbnail...sorry that I can't find the larger picture at the moment). The WWE is in your line of sight from the balcony, and does interfere with any panoramic pictures that you may be trying to take. Either they moved the WWE after the first two days of our cruise, or it stopped bothering me. It definitely isn't in most of my pictures taken from the balcony.

451759896_DCzpX-L.jpg

935810998_Tfck9-L.jpg

Right. If the WWE is on your balcony, it is not in any of your pictures taken looking out from your balcony.

We prefer the forward AQU with the larger cabins. 1549 and the one across. They have the window washing Equipment so others do not want them which is fine with us. We like the bed by the window. They are forward so closer walk to the gym, spa, AQU cafe....

Interesting...how much bigger are they than the standard AQ?

451759896_DCzpX-L.jpg

935810998_Tfck9-L.jpg

Thank you very much.

Is the bed by the balcony? With small overhang - is there a shade on the balcony? We like shaded balconies. Thank you

I undestand that 1606 and 1605 correspond. How do 1610 and 1601 correspond to each other.

I am trying to understand which AQ cabins have the bed by the window and larger balconies.

Thank you.

All the ones on the angle have larger balconies. Check the stickey to find out which ones have bed by balcony. Here's a link to tell which is which: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=28798202&postcount=13

Sorry to confuse you earlier, but 1610 and 1605, and 1606 and 1601 correspond. The ones on the Starboard side have bed by bath, port side, bed by balcony.

Right. If the WWE is on your balcony, it is not in any of your pictures taken looking out from your balcony.

Our cabin was AQ 1552, and the WWE was not directly in front of our balcony. The "home" of the WWE is directly in front of AQ1554, but it is not permanently parked there...many days it was employed farther down the ship.

Here is the larger version of the photo taken by ABBAFAN (thanks Lisa!) from the balcony of AQ1552, that shows the WWE in front of AQ 1554.

i-mNsKbCv-L.jpg

Thank you very much.

Is the bed by the balcony? With small overhang - is there a shade on the balcony? We like shaded balconies. Thank you

Yes, the bed is by the balcony in AQ1552, which I prefer, as I like to go back and forth between the desk and the bathroom when I am getting ready to go out, and my DH can stay out of the way on the bed by the balcony. (We relax on the bed, or on the deck chairs, as the sofa is not so comfortable.) We also enjoy the sea air and the view more from the bed by the balcony. I do recognize that many prefer the bed by the closet, which is great, since there are both to choose from :).

When I am talking about the "small overhang", I am referring to the amount of overhang beyond the balcony railing. The deck itself is 100% covered, but the sun comes in at a slant because the "overhang" is minimal. Further down, where the line of cabins is indented, the "overhang" is significant, and the sun will never hit most of those verandas at all.

There is usually shade on at least 2/3 of the balcony in AQ1552, depending on where the sun is located. One of the best features of the deep balcony is the protection you get from the wind. We felt no wind curl at all, just enough air movement to make the balcony very pleasant on hot days. We had AQ 1605 in the eastern Mediterranean, and enjoyed those same features very much on that itinerary.

Interesting...how much bigger are they than the standard AQ?

They looked the same as the other balconies mentioned here, based on some posted photographs. Most people do not like forward cabins. I was just presenting another view. It is interesting that before the Solstice class ships so many people wanted aft staterooms, and we never hear them mentioned much anymore.

They looked the same as the other balconies mentioned here, based on some posted photographs. Most people do not like forward cabins. I was just presenting another view. It is interesting that before the Solstice class ships so many people wanted aft staterooms, and we never hear them mentioned much anymore.

Yes that's true...I was never a fan of the aft staterooms, too much vibration for me, I prefer the center of the ship, we have 1610 coming up soon and while I too prefer the bed next to the balcony this was the only "hump stateroom" available when we booked it....I'm sure it will be fine!:)

Our cabin was AQ 1552, and the WWE was not directly in front of our balcony. The "home" of the WWE is directly in front of AQ1554, but it is not permanently parked there...many days it was employed farther down the ship.

Here is the larger version of the photo taken by ABBAFAN (thanks Lisa!) from the balcony of AQ1552, that shows the WWE in front of AQ 1554.

i-mNsKbCv-L.jpg

1547 must have the bed by the bath, since 1549 has the bed by the balcony. Apparently the cabins are not mirror image.

Was any windowwashing thingy hanging outside 1552 cabin? - I want to change my regular size balcony for this one. Any input appreciated. Any noise in this room?

thank you

The thingie is outside the cabin next door. It is basically a white open box, and really after the first day we never even noticed it. The only way to see it was to stand almost all the way out at the railing. A non-issue IMO.

No noise at all, and very convenient to run up the forward stairs one level to the pool deck/Aqua cafe, etc.

We were happy with the cabin but are trying to book one with the bed by the bathroom next go-around, just a personal preference.

1547 must have the bed by the bath, since 1549 has the bed by the balcony. Apparently the cabins are not mirror image.

You are right. The corresponding cabin on the other side of the ship will have the opposite layout, with respect to where the bed is located.

For example, the bed is near the balcony/doors in AQ1605, but is near the bathroom/closet in AQ1610, and so on, down the length of the ship.

Thank you all for your comments and pic. They helped a lot. I changed my 1597 under the pool for 1552. I think we will like it. We love Solarium, and like you said, short trip from the room. We had the angled balcony on Equinox - not AQ- and we found that it is bigger than a regular balcony and have more shade, which we like.

Looking forward to try AQ for the first time.

Thank you all again.

Thank you all for your comments and pic. They helped a lot. I changed my 1597 under the pool for 1552. I think we will like it. We love Solarium, and like you said, short trip from the room. We had the angled balcony on Equinox - not AQ- and we found that it is bigger than a regular balcony and have more shade, which we like.

Looking forward to try AQ for the first time.

Thank you all again.

Wise decision!! The best AQ's are the ones that are not under the pool or the gym.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...

We are going on the Solstice aqua class. We are a family of 4, mum and dad and two teens. I am wondering whether 1552 and 1547 (across hall) or 1562 and 1564 be better for us? Does anyone know if adjacent cabins have the capability to be interconnecting via the balconies?

Is the overhang on 1552 very significant?

We are going on the Solstice aqua class. We are a family of 4, mum and dad and two teens. I am wondering whether 1552 and 1547 (across hall) or 1562 and 1564 be better for us? Does anyone know if adjacent cabins have the capability to be interconnecting via the balconies?

1552 and 1547 are on opposite sides of the ship, a greater distance than just across the hall. But, maybe your teens would like the separation from the parents. :)

1562 and 1564, being next to each other, you will be able to open the balcony partition to walk between the two stateroom balconies. There is no connection of the two between the bulkhead.

All of those staterooms have overhang from the pool deck up above. If you want sun, it's a short walk up to the pool deck.

1552 has a huge balcony that is mostly covered except close to the railing. But only connects to 1554 iirc. 1562 and 64 will have smaller balconies completely under the overhang.

Thanks for your feedback on those aqua class cabins. I read in one of the cruise books that certain aqua cabins on the solstice have a huge overhang like an aircraft hangar and that they block the light and sun. I'm not keen on a dark cabin so I've decided to stay with 1552 and 1547 with the bigger balconies. All the aqua cabins without the overhang seem to have been taken. Anyway at least we will have the option of getting the view on both sides of the ship.

I don't think I'd want to keep going up to the pool area just to get a bit of sun, I was planning to sit on the balcony. However on further research I can see from photos people have posted that there isn't much light on a lot of those aqua cabins.

You'll get sun on those big balconies, you're just gonna have to sit out near the railing and not back close to the door. The balconies are huge and will work to have all your family in one place. For booking purposes, you may have to put one adult and one teen in each room unless your teens are over 18

I have looked at a lot of similar posts regarding this and booked Aqua cabin 1605 on the Equinox in the near future. The balcony is large and the only concern is the noise from above but I believe the location in the middle of the ship and next to a suite is a plus. One post said the the cabin attendent for the suit serves my cabin which might mean better service.

Rick