Roll Call - Celebrity Constellation Transatlantic November 20, 2011

Hi Jim,

Closer to departure, we can perhaps pick a central meeting point (hotel lobby, etc.) for anyone who would like to join us for drinks and/or dinner the night before sailing.

Only a few months away!

Jamie (and Mark)

John - I will have to start doing some planning after this weekend is over. It is really not like me.... I usually have a hotel booked 6 months in advance.

Norm is staying at Hotel Condes De Barcelona. Iain looked at their website and lliked it and had thought I had already booked it....oops...

Jamie - We will have to see what shape we are in when we get into BCN to see if we feel like going out. I'll probably sleep between SFO and FRA so may be up for it.

I think Sheldon and Walley have done select dining previously. At least they talked us into it. I will have to ping Sheldon and have him log on.

Shellly---- come out, come out where ever you are...!!!!

Jim

Darlene and Andy

Welcome to the LBGT thread for the November TransAtlantic Constellation cruise.

Please feel free to join in. As a new member of Cruise Critic you might also find the main forum for this cruise of interst. It is much more active and has almost 800 posts - It can be found at the link below.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1309224

It is helpful to read as much of the threads as you possible and you will find all kinds of help, suggestions and friendship.

Jim

To get the senior discount, I didn't have to do too much to get my mom to join me on this cruise : ) will be great! last time we took the Navigator of the Seas on this transatlantic and loved it. I saw in a post that the Constellation had a facelift? Sometimes I don't like what they do to ships during the facelift. Like the Century got rid of its thalassotherapy pool for its costly persian garden and enchantment removed saunas and steams completely from what I understand. I hope nothing drastic was done to the spa facilities during this facelift, I haven't been on this ship yet and Im looking forward to the adult solarium pool. love relaxing in peaceful, pretty environments.

...Anthony Bourdain visits Ferran Adria's famous and fabulous El Bulli restaurant. Although closed as of last Saturday, Adria has opened a new restaurant in Barcelona called Tickets, which Bourdain also visits. We're celebrating our 30th, among other events, and have been thinking about splurging either at Tickets or Alkimia. Anyway, thought this might be of interest to some of you.

Cheers,

John

I'm delighted to see all of you guys will be in the same ship as we'll be taking Nov.20....My girlfriend Ginger and I have finalized the air portion, and feel much relieved. We'll be getting in Nov.17th.....anyone interested in walking around? visiting the Sagrada Familia? (mega church which has been in construction "forever".) We'll be staying in a Hostal near the middle of the city.....:eek: Silvia

Hi Everyone,

A warm welcome to all the posters.... It's been awhile since I have checked in.... Looking forward to renewing friendships and always enjoy making those new ones too.... Pre cruise hotel and air arrangements done... waiting for that final payment notice.... We are planning on select dining, keep us updated on groups plans that a planning the same....

Enjoy the day....

Welcome to Silvia and chongkwang. Looks like our little group is growing. We have also gotten air and hotel booked. Now that all our kid's wedding are over with, we are getting into cruise mode.

Norm - good to see ya back on cruise critic.

Jim

Hi All,

I just posted this on the other roll call, but in case you are interested...

John

Kathy & George offered some good advice. Winter is definitely something to consider, but I'm sure it will guarantee smaller crowds. We didn't join them, but when we were in Malaga on the Solstice in May, some people got together and organized a group tour with Spain Day Tours. The groups (I think there were 3) were smaller than Celebrity's bus, but offered everything else, including the timeliness guarantee, lunch, and a tour of Granada. Normally the price is €79 with Spain Day Tours, but they got a lower rate. No one had any complaints upon return.

Right now we are planning to rent a car, and do it ourselves. Although I have not purchased them, there are a slew of tickets available online right now for the prime entrance time between 11-12. In case people are interested, however, I sent SDT an email asking what they can offer us, and how many we need to get a good deal. I'll post what I get back from them.

Cheers,

John

:)Is anyone organizing a group to visit Alhambra Palace & Gardens from Malaga Spain? It is 2 hrs away from port. Celebrity has a tour going. Any information would be appreciated. My husband & I want to go.

Thanks

Carol & Martin:):)

Hello all!

Great to see so much activity here on the board! Just over 3 months until we all meet!

For those who are interested, I've set up a webpage where everyone can upload their photos so we'll recognize each other onboard the ship. Simple to do, and fun! I did this a few cruises ago and it worked quite well.

Here's what to do...

Go to - http://gallery.me.com/sosmond#100332

User name: cruisecritic

Password: connie

Click on upload, select your picture, and it'll be added. You don't have to enter your email address, although it asks for one.

To get the correct caption on your photo, you need to enter that as your filename for the photo. If you can't make it work, click below and send me a message once you've uploaded your photo and I'll correct it on the webpage.

OR

You can also add photos by simply emailing it to

sosmond-8wy3@post.me.com But it's best to use the webpage method so you can see all the others that have been posted.

s.

Hi John,

I deleted your duplicate pic. Thanks for posting!

Pics are popping up daily now...hopefully we'll see lots more as the days countdown.

Jim - Nice pic you posted of me and Iain... that must have been after the cocktail party, the Martini bar, and the bottle of wine at dinner! Wait a minute - that was pretty much every night!!

s.

Hi Michael and Ronald,

Welcome to the group!

I assume that it was you that posted a pic to the webpage? I'm being Miss Marple here...a new pic appears, no name...but wait, there's a giant mouse in the pic! And two new cruisers appear on the roll call who have been on two Disney cruises listed...hmm...what could it mean!?

The only question that remains...which one in the pic is Michael and which is Ronald? And what are they doing to that mouse? Both have their arms somewhere behind the mouse...and the mouse has a big smile on his face!

And more importantly...where can I get a gold tuxedo and shoes like the ones the mouse is wearing!?!? That outfit would go perfect with my diamond tiara!

Sheldon

Lol....we labeled the picture I swear!....or so Ron says he did!

The mouse could not stop smiling every time we passed him..... we are still not sure what he want from us!

Ron is the Lucille Ball fan!

Don't bother looking for the gold lamée tuxedo it is so last year. This year is all about sequence and with a tiara you definately need black stilettos!

Cheers,

Michael

P.S. We also have picture with chip and Dale (both gay)

And Goofy(also gay) as well as snow white(major hag)

Oops almost forgot tinker bell (no explanation needed on this thread)

What a great picture! The rat's kinda hot, though, in a Lberace-esque way.

If lame'e is out, should I be rethinking my formal stuff?

Cheers,

John

Lol....we labeled the picture I swear!....or so Ron says he did!

The mouse could not stop smiling every time we passed him..... we are still not sure what he want from us!

Ron is the Lucille Ball fan!

Don't bother looking for the gold lamée tuxedo it is so last year. This year is all about sequence and with a tiara you definately need black stilettos!

Cheers,

Michael

P.S. We also have picture with chip and Dale (both gay)

And Goofy(also gay) as well as snow white(major hag)

Oops almost forgot tinker bell (no explanation needed on this thread)

What a great picture! The rat's kinda hot, though, in a Lberace-esque way.

If lame'e is out, should I be rethinking my formal stuff?

Cheers,

John

Oh please sweetie you are so cute you can bring any item back into style!

Okay this seems like a fun group.....I can't wait to party across the Atlantic.

Cheers,

Michael

Please people (sounds like peeeeelease people!!! could have also gone with "hellllllllllo people!!!), any proud homo or fruit fly would agree;

It's tantrums, tiaras & sequence for formal nights!

Can't wait to meet you all; get the Cosmos (or any other girly drink) ready!

Ron

p.s. travel plans; I will be working in Madrid until an unknown date, Michael is flying in on the 11th/12th; we will be in Barcelona no later than the 19th, hopefully earlier. Would love to see you all for a pre-cruise (pre-c???) meet and drink (or is that meat and greet?). I'm french canadian, some things get lost in translation!:)

(Giggle!) Flattery will get you everywhere, but it's not like I need much encouragement!

Cheers,

John

Oh please sweetie you are so cute you can bring any item back into style!

Okay this seems like a fun group.....I can't wait to party across the Atlantic.

Cheers,

Michael

Hell-lo-ooo! Can't wait to meet you two, either! But why should we save the good stuff (especially the tantrums) just for formal nights? There's nothing more fun than cosmo induced tantrums any night!

Fred and I arrive the 18th, and would love a meet and greet. Sounds like fun!

Cheers,

John

Please people (sounds like peeeeelease people!!! could have also gone with "hellllllllllo people!!!), any proud homo or fruit fly would agree;

It's tantrums, tiaras & sequence for formal nights!

Can't wait to meet you all; get the Cosmos (or any other girly drink) ready!

Ron

p.s. travel plans; I will be working in Madrid until an unknown date, Michael is flying in on the 11th/12th; we will be in Barcelona no later than the 19th, hopefully earlier. Would love to see you all for a pre-cruise (pre-c???) meet and drink (or is that meat and greet?). I'm french canadian, some things get lost in translation!:)

Hi All ---

Been away for a week and the place has gone to the rats... or was that a mouse.

Welcome Michael and Ronald, I believe you will find at least one more French Canadian couple in the group. Let us know the price range you are look for in BCN -

We booked the Hotel Condes de Barcelona at the recommendation of Norm. Looks like a nice place and nice amenities. We stayed once at EuroStar Grand Marina which was really a nice hotel and great restraunt. We also stayed at Axel one year.

Jim

Archived