Roll Call - Celebrity Constellation Transatlantic November 20, 2011

Greetings to everyone....

I started the final payment PROCESS with CruCon, not going smoothly.... but should be completed in 7 to 10 business days they say..... Really looking forward to this sailing.... after going though over months of refurbishing the homestead.... Need those smiling faces at the martini bar... now....

Norm - Thanks for the reminder on final payment. I sent my CC details to my agent today. I guess our final payment is due on Sept 6.

I'm really in need of a cruise.

Jim

Final payments bring us closer to doing that wonderful "cruise docs in hand dance"....:D

We did Select Dining on Azamara on our past spring TA and quite enjoyed it. Much more flexible than traditional dining. You can also make a "standing reservation" for each night at the same time, if you prefer.

A few years ago on a Princess cruise we were stuck with some horrible table companions. We quickly changed to Anytime Dining and ended up at a regular 8:00 table of 14 gay guys and 1 fag-hag! It was great fun!

Sheldon

Hey all,

We are pretty much all booked; leaving Madrid for Barcelona on the 18th, still missing a flight or train ticket for this!

Will be staying at the Barcelo Raval hotel for pre-cruise.

We've also booked a night at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel for a bit of post-cruise beach and sun relaxing before flying back to Montreal.

Anyone planing a pre-cruise meet and great? would love together with you guys!

Ron

Hi Guys,

I just got home from a jaunt to our local Target where I witnessed an assault on the Missoni section by genteel Lincoln Park ladies who lunch. Now I am definitely in final clearance mode.

So, I thought I'd run this by you one more time. We now have 9 people for our intimate little tour to Granada and La Alhambra when we dock in Malaga on 11/22. We can have a maximum of 14-16. If you are interested please let me know <john099@att.net>.

Here are some of the details below. Hope all is well! Looking forward to meeting you all!

Cheers,

John

MALAGA TO GRANADA --- full day private tour

- Date: November 22, 2011

- Reservation name/code: John Anderson 1122

- Number of visitors: 2 persons

- Pick-up: Malaga Port

- Cruise Ship: Celebrity Constellation

- Pick-up time: 9:30 am

- Drop-off: Malaga Port

- Duration of tour: 7-9 hours subject to the actual arrival and departure times of the ship

- Price: 79 Euros per person + 13 Euros per person for the Alhambra ticket

- Type of tour: Private tour of 12 persons

ITINERARY

- Unguided transfer to Granada/Alhambra

- Guided walking tour inside the Alhambra Palace and Generalife Gardens (approx. 2.5-3 hours)

- Orientation and free time in Granada city center (subject to available time)

- Transfer back to port

Hi Richard and Mo,

Welcome to the group. It's looking like we're going to have a good-sized group on board.

I've setup a "rogues gallery" of our group for anyone who'd like to participate. Maybe I can entice you to post your pic? Here are the instructions....

- - - - - - - -

For those who are interested, I've set up a webpage where everyone can upload their photos so we'll recognize each other onboard the ship. Simple to do, and fun! I did this a few cruises ago and it worked quite well.

Here's what to do...

Go to - http://gallery.me.com/sosmond#100332

User name: cruisecritic

Password: connie

Click on upload, select your picture, and it'll be added. You don't have to enter your email address, although it asks for one.

To get the correct caption on your photo, you need to enter that as your filename for the photo. If you can't make it work, click below and send me a message once you've uploaded your photo and I'll correct it on the webpage.

OR

You can also add photos by simply emailing it to

sosmond-8wy3@post.me.com But it's best to use the webpage method so you can see all the others that have been posted.

I will try to find a picture of us to put up. We seem to have lots of pics of other people and of each other.....lol..not so many of us together.

I will check with Mo about the Granada trip...we have been there before and it is certainly well worth it.

Hugs to all.

Richard and Mo

Thanks for the photo upload Richard and Mo...I'll change the caption for you, but who is who? Let me know who's on the left and right and I'll make the appropriate changes.

Nice of you to upload naked pictures of yourself! (There! That should get people to go to the website!!!!).

Sheldon

Sheldon, I thought you said it was a family oriented site as you admonished the rest of us for posting naked pictures? I was so distraught I deleted all of our more "expressive" pictures from my computer.

John

Thanks for the photo upload Richard and Mo...I'll change the caption for you, but who is who? Let me know who's on the left and right and I'll make the appropriate changes.

Nice of you to upload naked pictures of yourself! (There! That should get people to go to the website!!!!).

Sheldon

John,

I had a question about the day tour. My partner Mo is handicapped...he needs his mobility scooter to be able to do a tour like that. Do you think the bus would have room for it?

We were on the RSVP cruise in July...they put some of the guys scooters on the buses that were doing the tours. Mo didnt bring his then, but wished he had, so this time it will be with us.

Thanks,

Richard

Hey Richard,

I hope so. I'm going to pass this on to the tour guide. I'll get back to you ASAP!

Cheers,

John

John,

I had a question about the day tour. My partner Mo is handicapped...he needs his mobility scooter to be able to do a tour like that. Do you think the bus would have room for it?

We were on the RSVP cruise in July...they put some of the guys scooters on the buses that were doing the tours. Mo didnt bring his then, but wished he had, so this time it will be with us.

Thanks,

Richard

Hi juju,

Welcome to our board. There are lots of tours besides the boats. If you sign up on the other board they have over 1300 posts mixed in you will find some talked about and I know John is working on one here and on the other board.

Here is the link : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=30610583#post30610583

Cheers,

michael

Hi Richard and Mo,

We took the Alhambra tour a few years ago. Unfortunately there are a number of steps/stairs involved on the tour, so I'm not sure how well a scooter would work there. I'd recommend you search the web and see if you can find any further information. I remember there was one woman with canes who couldn't do the whole tour - however, she waited at various locations and rejoined us where access was easier.

s.

Hi Juju 45,

Welcome! We have an almost-full small group tour to the Alhambra - max 14 people. If you're interested, email me <john099 @ att . net>

Cheers,

John

hi,

New to site and how it all works. Also new to Celebrity. Will be on this cruise with another couple. Any hints for tour companies that are reliable off the ship?

Regrettably, that's what I read, too, both on the other roll call and here, as well <http://www.access-able.com/tales/spain/granada.html>. However, ever hopeful, I asked the tour guide to confirm.

John

Hi Richard and Mo,

We took the Alhambra tour a few years ago. Unfortunately there are a number of steps/stairs involved on the tour, so I'm not sure how well a scooter would work there. I'd recommend you search the web and see if you can find any further information. I remember there was one woman with canes who couldn't do the whole tour - however, she waited at various locations and rejoined us where access was easier.

s.

Hi Guys,

I just got home from a jaunt to our local Target where I witnessed an assault on the Missoni section by genteel Lincoln Park ladies who lunch. Now I am definitely in final clearance mode.

So, I thought I'd run this by you one more time. We now have 9 people for our intimate little tour to Granada and La Alhambra when we dock in Malaga on 11/22. We can have a maximum of 14-16. If you are interested please let me know <john099@att.net>.

Here are some of the details below. Hope all is well! Looking forward to meeting you all!

Cheers,

John

MALAGA TO GRANADA --- full day private tour

- Date: November 22, 2011

- Reservation name/code: John Anderson 1122

- Number of visitors: 2 persons

- Pick-up: Malaga Port

- Cruise Ship: Celebrity Constellation

- Pick-up time: 9:30 am

- Drop-off: Malaga Port

- Duration of tour: 7-9 hours subject to the actual arrival and departure times of the ship

- Price: 79 Euros per person + 13 Euros per person for the Alhambra ticket

- Type of tour: Private tour of 12 persons

ITINERARY

- Unguided transfer to Granada/Alhambra

- Guided walking tour inside the Alhambra Palace and Generalife Gardens (approx. 2.5-3 hours)

- Orientation and free time in Granada city center (subject to available time)

- Transfer back to port

Hi John,

is there still room on this tour for two people?

thank you

Karin

Archived