No HMC! Carnival changes our itenerary!

birdy

I'm so bummed! Just got an e-mail today that our Feb 2012 Fascination cruise is not going to Half Moon Cay but Freeport. I even had a cabanna booked.

Has anyone had this and had Carnival change it back?

That definitely sucks! I have heard of the ship missing it due to weather occasionally, but I don't recall seeing this before. I wonder what caused the cancellation? I think you have the option to rebook since they have changed the itinerary on you, if that is an option.

I havent read the FAQs on this lately, but last time I read them you have 24 hours to cancel.

If there is another cruise going there, cancel and book the other cruise and cite the 24 hour rule to them that you have to right to cancel, even if you booked ES, they cannot penalize you.

Can't rebook, already have non-refundable plane tickets. I was sooooo looking forward to HMC. SIL and her family going with us. Well, we'll just suck it up. We're still cruizing!

There could possibly be a conflict with a HAL ship calling on the island. Since HMC is technically HAL's island, they have dibs on it.

From Carnival:

ITINERARY CHANGE PRIOR TO DEPARTURE:

If Carnival has adequate notice prior to sailing that a vessel will deviate from the published itinerary it will promptly – upon making the itinerary change -- notify guests of the change through their travel agents or directly, in the case of a direct guest booking.

If the itinerary change is for reasons within Carnival’s exclusive control, guests will have the opportunity to cancel their booking without penalty prior to sailing and within 24 hours of the guest notification, and in such an instance, guests will have the option to receive either a cash refund or a future cruise credit. In the event a guest does not cancel the cruise on a timely basis, no refund of any kind will be available.

I'm rather amazed and stunned that you had already booked airfare this far out.

What is so odd about that? I already have my flight for my 2/3/2012 trip booked as well. The airline, times and layovers were exactly the ones I wanted and at a reasonable price so I go them while they were available.

Why is that so amazing? I book airfare as far out as I can.......when they release the flights 9 mos out.....by waiting, especially these days, the prices have more than doubled and the non-stop flight back home is just about sold out. What is the advantage to waiting?

What is so odd about that? I already have my flight for my 2/3/2012 trip booked as well. The airline, times and layovers were exactly the ones I wanted and at a reasonable price so I go them while they were available.

It's almost a sure bet that by the time your flights take off you will not thave the same times.

Bill

I am so sorry to hear that. I am booked for HMC but your thread made me check my emails, and I will check their web site tonight for our cruise. I have already been bumped from trying to sail out of Mobile, paid in full, and then they cancelled Mobile right out from under me starting on the date of our cruise. Which made me go to HMC, it was next on the list (bucket list) I hav read that there is a great trip on Freeport to a wildlife sanctuary, with beach, I hope you will have enough time to do that instead. :o

It's almost a sure bet that by the time your flights take off you will not thave the same times.

I picked the flights I did for a reason, so I'd bet money that they will be the times I picked. Each one has a very high on time rate. I also picked one with no codeshares, all Delta owned from CMH to ATL to FLL.

I picked the flights I did for a reason, so I'd bet money that they will be the times I picked. Each one has a very high on time rate.

I got tickets for a great flight back from London to Seattle, bought the tickets as soon as I saw them as it was such a great flight, non stop, good times etc.

About 6 months later they changed my beautiful direct flight to one connecting in Minneapolis, with a 3 hour layover. Plus the flight left London at the crack of dawn then, so our last day would have been lost. Still a good price, and because it was their change I got them to change my fly out date to a day later with no penalty. Still - the airlines can & do change what is ideal to something entirely different.

About 6 months later they changed my beautiful direct flight to one connecting in Minneapolis, with a 3 hour layover. Plus the flight left London at the crack of dawn then, so our last day would have been lost. Still a good price, and because it was their change I got them to change my fly out date to a day later with no penalty. Still - the airlines can & do change what is ideal to something entirely different.

I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I picked a pretty standard business flight from CMH to ATL on a weekday so odds are they won't change it. My company does a lot of business between the two cities and uses this flight all of the time. I'm not so worried about the flight times going home.

]There could possibly be a conflict with a HAL ship calling on the island. Since HMC is technically HAL's island' date=' they have dibs on it.[/i'][/b]

From Carnival:

ITINERARY CHANGE PRIOR TO DEPARTURE:

If Carnival has adequate notice prior to sailing that a vessel will deviate from the published itinerary it will promptly – upon making the itinerary change -- notify guests of the change through their travel agents or directly, in the case of a direct guest booking.

If the itinerary change is for reasons within Carnival’s exclusive control, guests will have the opportunity to cancel their booking without penalty prior to sailing and within 24 hours of the guest notification, and in such an instance, guests will have the option to receive either a cash refund or a future cruise credit. In the event a guest does not cancel the cruise on a timely basis, no refund of any kind will be available.

I love the concept, Carnival owns HAL and no communication between the two lines.

Bill

I booked 9 months out on our last cruise and yes our flight time did change! It went from 3:26pm -3:25pm:eek:, almost made me cancel my flight:rolleyes:. I don't care if my flight times are changed, I am heading for my vacation and I will not let anything wreck it for me!:D

There could possibly be a conflict with a HAL ship calling on the island. Since HMC is technically HAL's island, they have dibs on it.

Except that Carnival OWNS Holland America Line ... so something tells me that a Carnival ship would get priority in a situation like this !

I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I picked a pretty standard business flight from CMH to ATL on a weekday so odds are they won't change it. My company does a lot of business between the two cities and uses this flight all of the time. I'm not so worried about the flight times going home.

I was not trying to be a smart arse. Airlines are notorious theese days for changing flight times.

Southwest is the only airline that pretty much sticks to their times.

I hope you are right and get to fly on the flights you picked.:)

Bill

Except that Carnival OWNS Holland America Line ... so something tells me that a Carnival ship would get priority in a situation like this !

If I may add a word to your statement . . .

Except that Carnival Corporation OWNS Holland America Line ... so something tells me that a Carnival Corporation ship would get priority in a situation like this !

In this case one did get priority. The Carnival Corporation line whose name is most strongly equated to this lovely paradise.

Carnival Corporation owns HAL, just as it owns CCL, Princess and a handful of others.

HAL usually gets first shot at HMC.

Bill

Can't rebook, already have non-refundable plane tickets. I was sooooo looking forward to HMC. SIL and her family going with us. Well, we'll just suck it up. We're still cruizing!

Check with your airline. Non refundable can mean that you won't get money back but can still cancel that flight and have that as a credit to be used on another flight within a time period they set.

Archived