Restaurants near Manhatten cruise terminal

ansjefitnes

Hi all,

We are in NY for one day and would like some suggestions for a nice restaurant to have lunch. Best would be the restaurant is not to far from

the cruise terminal due to mobility issues. Are there any nice places we can go to?

Thanks

Maria

Hi Maria,

I'm sure the New Yorkers will have some specific suggestions, but it would help if you could identify the type of food you might like and an amount you want to spend. The pier is out of the way on 12th Ave, but it is a short cab ride to the Times Square or Rockefeller Center area. I don't think you will find much on 12th Ave, but a short cab ride will take you to more food choices than you can imagine.

Hi all,

We are in NY for one day and would like some suggestions for a nice restaurant to have lunch. Best would be the restaurant is not to far from

the cruise terminal due to mobility issues. Are there any nice places we can go to?

Thanks

Maria

daisy mays bbq, 11th avenue and 46th street.

I agree that taking a cab would be the best bet. There is nothing within walking distance for someone with mobility issues. Here is one that is not too far away, and has singing waitresses an waiters. http://www.ellensstardustdiner.com/ It will give you a "New York flavor" if that is what you are looking for. Corner of Broadway and 51st Street. Very walkable, but not if there is mobility issues. And, what about your luggage?

Will you be eating lunch before you get on board? What part of the city are you staying in? I can make some good non touristy suggestions if I know more about what you're looking for - there are some great places in town!

KC

It appears the OP is taking a TA from Rotterdam to NY to Rotterdam. She would like to get off the ship in NY and go out for a nice lunch, but someone in her party has mobility issues. IMO trying to walk around the pier area is not the best choice - a short cab ride to a restaurant in the nearby theater district would probably work well for them.

Archived