Caribbean Cruising in November

SailinC2C

We are considering doing the cruise November 12 on the Crown. What kind of weather can we expect at that time? I know it is the end of the rainy season and hurricane season but can we generally expect good weather?

Anyone with any November Caribbean experience?

We are considering doing the cruise November 12 on the Crown. What kind of weather can we expect at that time? I know it is the end of the rainy season and hurricane season but can we generally expect good weather?

if you book it I will see you all ready booked. Weather should be good .

Hi Kingsway cruiser

Nice to hear from you again, when are you coming back to Scotland,

Have an invite to visit this year in a few months The Crown is in Greenock tomorrow, what will be nice is the CD off our Ruby cruise will be on the Crown when we visit.

having just come off the Ruby having done the Caribbean and TA nothing planned just now,

but next year might do Crown TA back to US then Mexico, Belize

yours Shogun

We cruised in November 09 and had absolutely perfect weather and some of the smoothest seas I've ever had. However, the cruise before us and the cruise after us both had rain. So it's hard to say.

We had 3 cruises 2005 & 2008 Western Caribbean out of FLL and 2009 Southern Caribbean out of PR.

During the first two we had good and bad weather, missed Jamaica, couldn't tender to Grand Cayman in usual port (used different one) due to high winds and waves.

On Southern Caribbean we had some rains, once whole day long, and wonderful weather the rest of the way.

You cannot predict Caribbean weather. My parents took cruises to Southern Caribbeans twice last two year and they experienced rains more often than we in November.

The official hurricane season ends on November 30. While weather systems in November are less likely than in the preceding 2 months, they are not unheard of. The crusie lines, in the event of threatening weather, do make schedule and routing adjustments, often succeeding in avoiding any difficulties.

There are reasons why the November sailings tend to be less expensive; one of them is the possibility of unfavorable weather.

By compaqrison, early December sailings are also attractively priced, at least most are, but have less risk of weather events.

Did a Caribbean in early November 3 years ago. The day we got to Florida, so did "Paloma". Captain reversed the itinerary, we had a rough tender into the Grand Caymans but all in all, we were fine. I would not hesitate to do it again.

We did the southern caribbean out of San Juan in mid November last year....torrential rains in St. Lucia ..we were caught in mudslides and flooded roadways..got a bit scary as the water was rising fast. Rained for our sailing in Barbados but other than that the weather was fine. We did another trip out of San JUan in late February and we liked the one in November better .....warm seas and mild temps. It got a bit hot in February....we will most likely go again this year at the end of November...wait until the very end of hurricane season.

eclue,

I think we were on the same cruise. We scheduled a catamaran cruise to the Petons in St. Lucia, and got part of the way out, when the heavens opened. Even though the deck was covered, we got soaked because the wind was blowing so hard. The excursion was then canceled. Did you experience the ankle-deep water getting back to the ship?

OP, other than that storm, our weather was gorgeous! Perfect temperatures, sunny days.

Patsy

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your feedback! Now we are just trying to decide which one to do... Crown Princess or Eurodam. Just watching the prices. 1st choice is certainly the Crown as we have never been to Aruba and Curacao.

Thanks for all your feedback! Now we are just trying to decide which one to do... Crown Princess or Eurodam. Just watching the prices. 1st choice is certainly the Crown as we have never been to Aruba and Curacao.

Go for it. We were on the Crown last Nov. 13.......good weather. We went to Aruba and Curacoa on the Westerdam in Jan. of 2010....very impressed. Clean. Prosperous. Safe. The Trolley Tour in Curacoa was one of the best we have ever taken. The guide took us to old houses..explained their history.( many are being rebuilt..first synogogue...house..) then the Cathedral...and she knew the history of Curacao..up and down. Great trip. The weather is always warm..but a breeze blows all the time. Lovely. NOT in hurricane alley.

AS A FLORIDA RESIDENT.......FEAR THE END OF AUGUST.AND SEPTEMBER. BUT EVEN THEN....THE SAFEST PLACE YOU CAN BE.....IS ON A CRUISE THE SHIPS SAIL AROUND THE HORRIFYING STORMS THAT ARE HURRICANES. IF YOU ARE LAND BASED.......THAT BABY IS COMING RIGHT AT YOU..IF MOTHER NATURE SO DECIDES.

AS A FLORIDA RESIDENT.......FEAR THE END OF AUGUST.AND SEPTEMBER. BUT EVEN THEN....THE SAFEST PLACE YOU CAN BE.....IS ON A CRUISE THE SHIPS SAIL AROUND THE HORRIFYING STORMS THAT ARE HURRICANES. IF YOU ARE LAND BASED.......THAT BABY IS COMING RIGHT AT YOU..IF MOTHER NATURE SO DECIDES.

I agree, I would much rather be cruising than being at a resort in hurrricane season because you know the ship will steer clear. At a resort your either have to go through it and deal with the aftermath, or get shipped home early. No fun.

Archived