Earliest I can disembark from the Veendam

suek113

I am sure this question has been asked before, but I just can't seem to locate the answer. I am leaving tomorrow on the Veendam and was wondering how early we can disembark when we return next weekend. We want to set up a pick up from the port as early as we can. Thanks for your help. :)

IF the ship back on time and IF the local authorities clear it right away --- those who choose to do self disembarkation -- those who can handle getting all their own luggage of the ship themselves -- usually start to leave the ship around 7:30.

Otherwise-----

Early in the cruise you will get a form to complete concerning your plans to disembark the ship -- here you can mark off what your plans are. If you not taking off your own luggage (self disembarkation) -- then you will be assigned a time to leave the ship according to what times you request to leave the ship.

If there is Luggage Direct available you can usually get off starting at 8:00am, assuming the ship gets in on time and it gets cleared quickly.

This is usually when those carrying their own luggage leaves.

Was thinking of booking a train which leaves NYC at 10:50 the day we come back. Would that be a problem? It looks like the dock to the Amtrak Station is only a few miles.

That sounds very possible, based on my one experience taking the train from NYC after a cruise.

I didn't disembark too early; I seem to recall it being around 9:00-ish. There was a long, organized, line waiting for a cab, and I waited quite a while, but I know I was at Penn Station by 10:30, or so.

Wondering the same question. I need to know if booking a bus ride home from the port authority bus terminal for 9am is too early or possible!

I wouldn't do it on a bet.

I plan on having a car service come to pick my family up from the Manhattan Cruise terminal. Do they have a different pick up line for taxis and reserved car service? Can anyone tell me if i have to tell them anything specific to find us and also, a good time for them to arrive ( assuming we will carry off our own luggage)? Thank you!

I plan on having a car service come to pick my family up from the Manhattan Cruise terminal. Do they have a different pick up line for taxis and reserved car service? Can anyone tell me if i have to tell them anything specific to find us ...

I've had a car service pick me up in NYC a couple of times. This is how it worked for me---

The driver found a place to park his car; one time it was even a few streets over, and he had to walk to the terminal. The passengers head toward the exits, and the drivers are all lined up there, holding placards with names on them. Look for your name.

The driver will then (hopefully!) help you with your things and lead you to the car, or a place to wait while he brings the car around.

I can't help you with times. But do figure it will take about 20 minutes to a half hour from being called to leave the ship to when you meet up with the driver.

Archived