Will I be bored on the Celebrity sea days?

TwoCruisers

DH and I really love sea days and do miss them when on Port intensive cruises, especially when we haven't been to the ports before and do extensive touring.

We are never bored. Many times we can't fit in all of the things we want to do.

In addition to the regularly scheduled X activities there are Captain's Club and Cruise Critic events. Now that we have reached Elite membership, the Cocktail time is a great addition to our days.

IMHO, you won't be bored!

To quote jackdaimomd: "no".

I enjoy sea days....a few. I like to unwind, relax, read a book, watch the water, take a dip in the indoor pool, go to spa, eat, talk to people, watch a movie,play bridge,etc. I haven't done a transatlantic cruise...and I don't think that I will......a few sea days for me is nice...a week is too much. I know lots of people who love the week at sea. Everyone is different. If you need the time on land, don't book a cruise with lots of sea days.

Sea days are the best part of cruising, especially if you have the drink package. :D

Now that's what I'm talking about!!!

I just love to be able to relax and look out over the water. There is nothing more relaxing then the movement of the ship.

If people are bored on sea days then maybe they shouldn't cruise but do an all inclusives.

Also cooler weather cruises don't have has much sea day activity because there are not outdoor activities planned.

I am considering a cruise on the Constellation this coming February. I have sailed Princess 9 times and I do like the daytime activities on sea days. I recently read a troubling comment about the lack of daytime activities on Celebrity. Here is the comment: “Celebrity was downright sedate and it seemed like the ship was half empty even though I know it was sold out. It was very, very quiet. . . . I'm not a party person at all, but it just seemed like there was more activity on Princess.”

The cruise I am considering is for 14 nights and has 5 sea days. Will I be bored on the Celebrity sea days?

I was on the Century a few months ago, yes its a bit more quiet and not as much activities as RC ships but its not boring. Slightly older crowds and it is toned down. If you want a more younger crowd with non stop things to do you might want to cruise on a carnival ship not celebrity.

I enjoy sea days....a few. I like to unwind, relax, read a book, watch the water, take a dip in the indoor pool, go to spa, eat, talk to people, watch a movie,play bridge,etc. I haven't done a transatlantic cruise...and I don't think that I will......a few sea days for me is nice...a week is too much. I know lots of people who love the week at sea. Everyone is different. If you need the time on land, don't book a cruise with lots of sea days.

We were on the Solstice last month and enjoyed the sea days. Our cruise was fairly port-intensive, but we had three full sea days. Plus, two "half days" before and after our overnight visit to wonderful Venice. The sea days were needed and they had lots of great options on the ship. Nothing was boring, nor did we feel "stuck" with nothing to do. You can see details from the postings I did as we cruised. Lots of pictures. Two below show a couple of our favorites to enjoy on sea days.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Just back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. These postings are now at 22,832 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2011, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 46,969 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Appreciate those who have “tuned in” for these two posts. Don’t be shy and feel free to comment and/or ask any questions of interest.

The Solarium was one of our favorite areas. Food and drinks were nearby and it was very relaxed and sophisticated. Quieter, too, as it is an adults-only area. Two hot tubs here. Not crowded, especially in the evenings. Nice art and design with this sparkling ship facility.:

SolsticeSolariumSunnyDay.jpg

This is a view of the Solstice main pool area. Love the sun and activities here! Really like it when the band is there and playing the oldies.:

SolsticeMainPoolView2.jpg

Archived