Sky Suite pole and noise??

39august

Yikes! How intrusive is the pole in the SS's? Looks like it is very close to the head of the bed. Anyone have trouble with this? And are the suites nearer the elevators less likely to be noisey?

The poles are in different spots in different Sky Suites (S-Class ships). I kind of enjoyed them and felt they added character to the room. Only hazard was bumping into one during a late night bathroom trip.

Here are some photos:

232323232%7Ffp6325%3A%3Enu%3D3285%3E%3B65%3E466%3EWSNRCG%3D355842%3C%3B9432%3Bnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp63388%3Enu%3D3285%3E%3B65%3E466%3EWSNRCG%3D355842%3C%3B8%3A32%3Bnu0mrj

The questions are about S-class ships. Those pictures are certainly not reassuring to me, but thanks so much for posting. This is disappointing as I was eager to book my first X cruise on Silhoutte. Are there poles in the Celebrity suites as well?

The questions are about S-class ships. Those pictures are certainly not reassuring to me, but thanks so much for posting. This is disappointing as I was eager to book my first X cruise on Silhoutte. Are there poles in the Celebrity suites as well?

I believe those poles are in the S2 not S1 sky suites. We did have one of these Suites on the Solstice and it was not a problem. These Sky Suites are larger than the other suites and very very nice. In addition there is a large port hole which is nice to sit by and look out.

I believe those poles are in the S2 not S1 sky suites. We did have one of these Suites on the Solstice and it was not a problem.

I believe some S1 do have the pole. SS2151 has a pole, and it is a S1.

The poles are in all S-Class S1 Sky Suites. Some S1's have one pole, some have two. There are none in S2's or other suites. S1's are larger than S2's and have the advantage of a large porthole window in addition to the glass balcony door. Most people do not find the poles to be a problem.

Larger than what suites? The X brochure shows both S1 and S2 to be 251 sq ft.?

Despite the brochure and website, S1's are larger than S2's. The S2's are about 251 square feet but the S1's are at least 50 square feet larger.

I was in an aft, corner SS1 on Solstice, deck 7, and it did have the pole, but it in no way hampered anything in the suite. I was concerned that it would be a problem for my mobility scooter, but it was so out of the way that it wasn't a problem. Those suites are fantastic.

I was in an aft, corner SS1 on Solstice, deck 7, and it did have the pole, but it in no way hampered anything in the suite. I was concerned that it would be a problem for my mobility scooter, but it was so out of the way that it wasn't a problem. Those suites are fantastic.

Did it happen to be 8345? We booked this one for Hawaii.

Is there a list of suites with poles in them? I am seriously considering upgrading to a Sky Suite and I would be really disappointed to end up in one with a pole (yes, I am a noctural bathroom user and would probably break my nose or something stupid like that).

Is there a list of suites with poles in them? I am seriously considering upgrading to a Sky Suite and I would be really disappointed to end up in one with a pole (yes, I am a noctural bathroom user and would probably break my nose or something stupid like that).

I know the aft corner Sky Suite's have poles. It didn't bother me but make sure my husband was on the side without the pole. He also get's up every hour on the hour:eek:

We just got off the Solstice in Sky Suite 1 cabin 1663. We knew we wanted the corner balcony and the larger cabin with the huge porthole window, but we were VERY concerned about the poles, two in cabin 1663. After reading many posts about the poles not being a problem, we accepted the fact that the poles wouldn't be too bad, but at the same time were still concerned. The poles were a non-issue. While they are quite large, you forget they are even there. You can walk into a chair, but you don't because you walk around it. The same with the poles. We called them columns as it sounded classier.

We loved the large porthole window. I took a nap in it one afternoon. You will love the cabin. We compared our cabin to the cabin next door, a Sky Suite 2. Our SS1 cabin was larger, but there was more closet space in the SS2 cabin.

I hope this helps.

Steve

On S-Class I believe that all S1's have one to two poles and no other suites that I know of have any.

Did it happen to be 8345? We booked this one for Hawaii.

No, I was on deck 7, in 7356. It's a great suite, and my sister was in the connecting Sunset Veranda. We were able to close the outer door, open both our inner doors, to make a huge suite. We then opened the balcony dividers to make one huge balcony.

No, I was on deck 7, in 7356. It's a great suite, and my sister was in the connecting Sunset Veranda. We were able to close the outer door, open both our inner doors, to make a huge suite. We then opened the balcony dividers to make one huge balcony.

That's the room number we had too. We really enjoyed 7356.

That's the room number we had too. We really enjoyed 7356.

Just left Equinox's 7356 this past Friday. Would rebook it in a heartbeat, 2 poles & a long walk to the elevators not withstanding.

I agree with Gonzo, those poles give this suite some character. I actually found them useful to help me climb out of bed. :D

2MC

The poles are in all S-Class S1 Sky Suites. Some S1's have one pole, some have two. There are none in S2's or other suites. S1's are larger than S2's and have the advantage of a large porthole window in addition to the glass balcony door. Most people do not find the poles to be a problem.

Actually, there are poles in at least one S2, #2133 on the Equinox, between the bed and the bathroom wall, made it a bit tight to get out of the bed.

In my experience, the S2 cabins on the Resort deck are quite noisy starting at 0330 AM when carts, etc are being rolled around above preparing the buffet for breakfast. Also, quite a few times, someone above hit the pole with a metal object (a cart?) which caused it to ring like a bell. :mad:

Archived