Private Tour Barcelona

We are booked on the Mariner in Nov. for the Southern Passage cruise. I recently had back surgery and due to possible limited mobility at that time would like to take a private customized tour in Barcelona with my husband. I googled "private tours in Barcelona" and the only tour group that appealed to me was Tours By Locals. Has anyone used this particular group or could you please offer any other recommendations? There is an older thread in European Ports but neither of the two tour groups recommended were mentioned in my search. Thanks in advance!

Patty

Don't know if it would be of interest but you can arrange private tours of this type through the Regent "Special Services" department. They will do all of the research and then give you a price before you have to commit.

Don't know if it would be of interest but you can arrange private tours of this type through the Regent "Special Services" department. They will do all of the research and then give you a price before you have to commit.

Thats fine if you want to pay an arm and a leg for the tour. Regent makes no bones about their making a significant profit on all excursions that aren't "free". Sure the OP will find another private tour that meets or exceeds Regent's at a lower cost.

We too are looking for a private tour in Barcelona for our TA next year and we found on another thread www.pepitotours highly recommended. Too early to book at this point but, from their web site, they do look good.

Lvtocruise2, what are you looking for if you aren't finding it with that google search? I see a lot of them. When there several years ago with 3 other family members (younger late 20's), I just booked a taxi guide I found on internet search. Definintely not officially "licensed guide", but enough for our needs as surely less expensive, as I was footing the whole bill. Guy had learned a lot just from experience. We did the typical Gaudi tour, and added a walk in the Jewish Quarter/ghetto at the end after lunch. I was glad to have him with us, as we were persued by a young female gypsy who was just plain annoying, and he was a definite deterrent to her persistence. But those things don't upset or alarm me.

If your experience is as mine, you will find that most guides in Europe are far more expensive than, say in Asia, where we got a full day with guide and driver for $250 for 7 of us, arranged through the ship in Bali. In Europe, I'm sure you would pay a lot more through the ship.

We used Barcelona Day tours (prior to our Voyager crossing in early November, 2010) for a half day private Barcelona tour. Our friendly & exceptionally courteous driver met our flight at 7:30 am (he had a sign with our names). We traveled in a new European Lux Sedan and proceeded to visit many of Barcelona remarkable sites; La Sagrada Familia, Munt Juic, Park Guell, Las Ramblas, Plaza, Espana, Boqueria Market, et.al. Ricardo then took us to our hotel for checkin about 2pm...Outstanding tour at a reasonable price...pls see site below:

http://www.barcelonadaytours.com/barcelona-city-tour.html

:)

We used Barcelona Day tours (prior to our Voyager crossing in early November, 2010) for a half day private Barcelona tour. Our friendly & exceptionally courteous driver met our flight at 7:30 am (he had a sign with our names). We traveled in a new European Lux Sedan and proceeded to visit many of Barcelona remarkable sites; La Sagrada Familia, Munt Juic, Park Guell, Las Ramblas, Plaza, Espana, Boqueria Market, et.al. Ricardo then took us to our hotel for checkin about 2pm...Outstanding tour at a reasonable price...pls see site below:

Colonel Wes.....this is a great tip! Just booked Barcelona to Istanbul for next year and am a bit leary of Barcelona.....this seems a great way to hit the ground running, and stay awake prior to checking into hotel!

Colonel(Ret)Wes,

Thanks so much for your recommendation. We were very impressed with their services and hired them for a 6 hr. tour of Barcelona. The company was prompt getting back to me with all my questions. The only thing I forgot to do was use my Capital One card for the down payment to avoid exchange charges :mad:

Just looked at your link to Barcelona day Tours, and will most likely utilize them for a city tour when we disembark in September. We have added two nights there, and I have visited before, but my hisband has not. This will be perfect to see stuff prior to our hotel check in and still give us all day on Sunday to go to the Gothic area and to the Miro Museum! Plus this beats flagging down taxis to go from site to site.

Anyone else who is visiting Barcelona....no problems there, just be aware of your personal belongings like in any other large city, and watch for the usual pickpocket routines (bumping into you, etc) while on Las Ramblas.

Ya'll are very welcome for BDT tip...also concur with Dramaqwn and close cruise friend Cruiseluv who wisely remind us when visiting Barcelona...due to heavy incidence of pickpocket crime in BCN, to pls be aware of your personal belongings at all times (I recommend Magellan's secret wallet:

http://www.magellans.com/store/Small_Bags___Wallets___Wallets___Money_BeltsSV627

Plus, we like Mimito4's travel tip when in Barcelona--she says do not allow anyone to touch you while walking in Barcelona (las ramblas, et al) except your spouse...this "no touching" rule will help foil the many different techniques (bumping into you, grabbing your shoulder) that pickpockets often use.

Ya'll are very welcome for BDT tip...also concur with Dramaqwn and close cruise friend Cruiseluv who wisely remind us when visiting Barcelona...due to heavy incidence of pickpocket crime in BCN, to pls be aware of your personal belongings at all times (I recommend Magellan's secret wallet:

http://www.magellans.com/store/Small_Bags___Wallets___Wallets___Money_BeltsSV627

Plus, we like Mimito4's travel tip when in Barcelona--she says do not allow anyone to touch you while walking in Barcelona (las ramblas, et al) except your spouse...this "no touching" rule will help foil the many different techniques (bumping into you, grabbing your shoulder) that pickpockets often use.

Thanks for this tip Wes as well as BDT. Planning to use BDT from the Mariner next April for the day trip and maybe the next two days as well. Thinking about the hidden wallet although so far, knock on wood, have never been hastled.

And, to you suggestion about no touching in Barcelona, I'd change Barcelona to "anywhere". Pickpockets are everywhere these days, even in your home town so the no touching rule is a great suggestion.

We are on the Athens to Barcelona in August on Mariner. Regarding the "Barcelona Day Tours" as Colonel (Ret)Wes used, may I ask what does the tour company do with your luggage after picking you up? Does it stay in the sedan while you tour, or can you drop it off to the hotel before the actual check in time? Many thanks

Thanks for this tip Wes as well as BDT. Planning to use BDT from the Mariner next April for the day trip and maybe the next two days as well. Thinking about the hidden wallet although so far, knock on wood, have never been hastled.

And, to you suggestion about no touching in Barcelona, I'd change Barcelona to "anywhere". Pickpockets are everywhere these days, even in your home town so the no touching rule is a great suggestion.

Hey RallyDave which April sailing are you on... DH and I are booked on the April 2nd sailing out of Barcelona! Starting to look at private tours in Barcelona, Rome for sure and most likely Istanbul.

Curious as to how the whole 2 class system will play out as we are only Silver and Cat F....

Hey RallyDave which April sailing are you on... DH and I are booked on the April 2nd sailing out of Barcelona! Starting to look at private tours in BarcelI'ona, Rome for sure and most likely Istanbul.

Curious as to how the whole 2 class system will play out as we are only Silver and Cat F....

What a coincidence Nana. We are also silver and Cat F but, on the last Mariner sailing without the concierge program. We arrive in Barcelona the day you embark. I'm thinking of a half day tour of Barcelona on disembarkation day and then a day to the Monestary and another day to Tarranga. Know the spelling is wrong but, it is the town south of Barcelona with the Roman ruins. We'll be doing those while you are cruising on Mariner assuming the boss, DW agrees.

I've made my feelings knows several times about concierge so am not going to bring that discussion here. Have looked at several companies in Barcelona and the one recommended by Col Wes appears to be the most reasonable and with his recommendation, hopefully the best. Wish you good luck with your excursion and dining reservations.

Archived