Really bad news

alsas

Hmmm...Tai Chi is not available on the World Cruise but it is available twice a day on Zaandam 7 day Alaska cruises. What is this wrong, er...right with this picture? I'll be on a 7 day Zaandam cruise pretty soon and I love tai chi. Lucky me!!

On our just completed Volendam repositioning cruise, there was Tai Chi twice daily in the Atrium. Once in morning about 8:30 and once in later afternoon. Not sure who was leading, but think it was someone from the Spa.

I must apologize for my lack of sensitivity. I meant nothing more than it was very bad news for ME. I so enjoyed the class and this was not anything I had done before. I am so aware of how very fortunate we are, and the pain that others experience.My intentions were not to be self centered, but I know that was what came across. For those of you who were offended I am so sorry Please forgive me. Happy Sailing Alsas

Just a few weeks ago the Maasdam was having yoga classes like clockwork. My guess would be that these classes that OP enjoys will still be held, just by another instructor.

I might have been Tai Chi that the Massdam was holding...it all looks like yoga to me.

LOL!

But on a more serious note, don't forget the victims of the horrific tornadoes right here in the U.S. I'm sure, for them, losing a tai chi instructor on a world cruise is right up there with having lost a friend or relative as well as your home and all your worldly possessions.

THANK YOU for realizing what true devistation is. So much tragedy in the world. Learning the art of Tai Chi & it helping in your daily life is great & I'm sure these instructors are wonderful & will BE MISSED. Your art should be able to continue though. Living 20 minutes from Joplin, MO though I can say that even using this computer to post is a blessing after what we have witnessed firsthand. People in a matter of 5 seconds lost their homes, family members, animals, jobs, transportation, etc...etc....

I must apologize for my lack of sensitivity. I meant nothing more than it was very bad news for ME. I so enjoyed the class and this was not anything I had done before. I am so aware of how very fortunate we are, and the pain that others experience.My intentions were not to be self centered, but I know that was what came across. For those of you who were offended I am so sorry Please forgive me. Happy Sailing Alsas

speaking only for myself, apology accepted. that was very classy of you.

Agreed. In retrospect, perhaps "Disappointing News" would have been a more accurate description of you reaction...but no harm done and maybe it gave a few of us out there a prod to reflect on how fortunate we are.

Maybe it was a joke? I'd really love to find out someone is pulling our legs.

I didn't think T/C required pulling of legs...would that not upset the balance thingy? ;);)

Sounds more likely that HAL found out about the emails to passengers and decided (quite rightly) that these two people - no matter how talented thay maybe - should not bit the hand that feeds.

bad news? is this the worst thing happening in your life? give us break!

why don't you cancel your cruise to show your protest of the missing tai chi instructors. you won't get any sympathy from me.

cheers

bad news? is this the worst thing happening in your life? give us break!

why don't you cancel your cruise to show your protest of the missing tai chi instructors. you won't get any sympathy from me.

cheers

I am going to pull out a nose hair and have a good cry.

the OP did apologize. see post 31.

From HAL's Facebook entry:

Did You Know? Tai Chi is offered twice daily on every Holland America cruise. Spend time aboard with our trained LifeStylist to experience this ancient art & other “Well-Being” events such as memory training, aqua aerobics, guided meditation and healthy cooking demos. The whole idea is to promote your health & well-being! Would you try Tai Chi (for free!) or another Well-Being class on your cruise?

I agree with everyone else. Very classy. It's something many of us could learn from. I'm sure all of us get caught up in some disappointment over this or that and might post without thinking ... realizing too late how it reads to everyone else.

Have a wonderful cruise. Speaking selfishly, I'm just plain envious:)

Archived