Really bad news

alsas

The reason for cuts on the world cruise can be justified somtimes. We have just been informed that Robert and Bronwyn our Ti Chi instructors will not be on the 2012 Grand World. The daily class that allows us to inprove our balance ,that helps us focus on our daily well being is going to be no more. Between 100 and 150 of us love our daily class. Please join us by writing to Holland and ask them to re think this form of economy. This will be a definate removal of a major enjoyment for many or us. Thanks for taking the time to read this and thanks to all who write to Holland to ask them to change their mind. Happy sailing . ALSAS

The reason for cuts on the world cruise can be justified somtimes. We have just been informed that Robert and Bronwyn our Ti Chi instructors will not be on the 2012 Grand World. The daily class that allows us to inprove our balance ,that helps us focus on our daily well being is going to be no more. Between 100 and 150 of us love our daily class. Please join us by writing to Holland and ask them to re think this form of economy. This will be a definate removal of a major enjoyment for many or us. Thanks for taking the time to read this and thanks to all who write to Holland to ask them to change their mind. Happy sailing . ALSAS

This can also be because of the instructors themseves who do not want to do it one more year. You may remember than for WC 2008, they had to withdraw from the list at the last minute for health reasons.

HAL may have nothing to do with that decision. And nothing says that there will not be some other tai chi instructors. Not sure it is a cut. Did HAL announce no more tai chi classes or that Robert and Bronwyn are not coming back.

This can also be because of the instructors themseves who do not want to do it one more year. You may remember than for WC 2008, they had to withdraw from the list at the last minute for health reasons.

HAL may have nothing to do with that decision. And nothing says that there will not be some other tai chi instructors. Not sure it is a cut. Did HAL announce no more tai chi classes or that Robert and Bronwyn are not coming back.

I have done my homework,I did know they withdrew for health reasons. THIS IS NOT THE CASE. They will be missed. By many Alsas

They will be missed, I remember them from the World Cruises in the late 90's. Tho I didn't take any of Robert or Bronwyn classes my other half did, and enjoyed them. I did sit an talked and joked with Robert and Bronwyn a few times.. A very nice couple.. Take care.

I have taken Tai Chi with Robert and Bronwyn on about 6 long cruises. They are tops. I have enjoyed both taking their classes and talking with them. They will be a loss. However, I do have one question for for ALSAS.

IF they withdrew for heath reasons in 2008, WHY did they send an unhappy e-mail to many of us asking us to please contact HAL and express our displeasure with their being dropped and to ask HAL to bring them back?

I gladly wrote HAL and subsequently was glad to see them back. Sorry to hear they are to be "gone" again and I wish them the best.

Sorry if this offends...I never was as smart as my grandmother who used to say "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all".

But really under the title of "Really bad news" your favorite Tai Chi instructors won't be on your world cruise?

With all that's going in the world...? In to each life a little rain must fall I guess.

Sorry again but I'm having a hard time mustering up a tear for this one.

Sorry if this offends...I never was as smart as my grandmother who used to say "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all".

But really under the title of "Really bad news" your favorite Tai Chi instructors won't be on your world cruise?

With all that's going in the world...? In to each life a little rain must fall I guess.

Sorry again but I'm having a hard time mustering up a tear for this one.

i agree.

the title was a bit dramatic. all the was missing was a 'thumbs down' icon.

IF they withdrew for heath reasons in 2008, WHY did they send an unhappy e-mail to many of us asking us to please contact HAL and express our displeasure with their being dropped and to ask HAL to bring them back?

Maybe there is not a good relationship between them and HAL? Just speculating... OP seems to believe the health reason... you don't... and maybe their emails to you were not appropriate...

I have been learning Tai Chi for several years now. If you sign up with a master at home you can continue to practice your forms while on vacation.

Since there seemed to be a group of you you can still practice together on the ship, helping each other to refine your movements.

For me I have found that Tai Chi is something that I can do anytime, anywhere, alone or with a group.

Loosing instructors that I would only see for a short time (in the Tai Chi world four months is really short) is not really that bad news.

The United Nations announced today that they are diverting some of the disaster relief funds from the tsunami victims in Japan to console the World Cruise passengers who will not be able to enjoy Tai Chi with their favourite instructors.

The United Nations announced today that they are diverting some of the disaster relief funds from the tsunami victims in Japan to console the World Cruise passengers who will not be able to enjoy Tai Chi with their favourite instructors.

LOL!

But on a more serious note, don't forget the victims of the horrific tornadoes right here in the U.S. I'm sure, for them, losing a tai chi instructor on a world cruise is right up there with having lost a friend or relative as well as your home and all your worldly possessions.

Maybe there is not a good relationship between them and HAL? Just speculating... and maybe their emails to you were not appropriate...

I was kind of thinking the same thing:confused:

The really bad news is that most of us cannot go on a world cruise either because of obligations such as work, or family or do not have the means to do so.

So.....think about this: THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT YOU ARE GOING ON A WORLD CRUISE.

Enough said

Terri

Here's an idea -- Just in case HAL doesn't have someone else, like a fitness instructor, to lead a daily tai chi class, why don't you form your own class and have some of you with a lot of tai chi experience take turns leading it?

When I first saw this thread title, I thought someone had died or was seriously ill.

I thought someone had been injured or worse. Thankfully it was not the case. That - is really good news.

Smooth sailing...

You thought someone had been injured??? I thought a steward had put a toilet paper roll on the wrong way up.:eek::eek:

You thought someone had been injured??? I thought a steward had put a toilet paper roll on the wrong way up.:eek::eek:

Now that would be really bad news:D.

I was thinking about this and I'm reasonably certain that I can learn Tai Chi over the next few weeks and I'm more than happy to offer my services for free. Room and board will do me just fine:)

Funny little story ~ I was telling DH about this thread and he said "Tai Chi ... doesn't that have something to do with how you arrange the furniture, etc., in your home?" ... I said "No, dear:rolleyes:, that would be Feng Shui ... but close!"

or even worse - there wasn't any:eek: Now that would be a real problem on a world cruise :p

Now that would be really bad news:D.

I was thinking about this and I'm reasonably certain that I can learn Tai Chi over the next few weeks and I'm more than happy to offer my services for free. Room and board will do me just fine:)

Funny little story ~ I was telling DH about this thread and he said "Tai Chi ... doesn't that have something to do with how you arrange the furniture, etc., in your home?" ... I said "No, dear:rolleyes:, that would be Feng Shui ... but close!"

I'll volunteer for that job too:). For about 2 cents I'd quit my day job.

Archived